#1 Preseason Player According to Cover 1

Motorin'

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I totally agree 

some armchair GMs get pretty nasty when you “correct” or disagree with them 

many Credited members of the media have been left or chased off. 

1 example john wawrow

Another Tim Graham 

You lost me at Tim Graham. He's a clown.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Uh oh...

He's 6' 190#, which is Diggs' size.  Which could be an interesting parallel.

Both 5th round picks, coincidence? 

43 minutes ago, KHAN said:

44 minutes ago, KHAN said:

This being an example of why the press won’t frequent this board? 
Just sayin…, 

Go Bills!!!

11 hours ago, Motorin' said:

None other than Khalil Shakir. In this breakdown we see excellent traits to play both in the slot and outside. Very good video: 

No, wait, we've been told on this very board that he's only a slot guy.

I expect Kumerow to far out outsnap him on the outside.

• Disagree 4

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Size. Release against press outside and a perception (which I am not sure was justified) that he was a gimmick guy only. 

Was it so much his actual performance against press outside, or was it the perception that because of his small size, the same abilities that brought him success at Boise State would falter against better DB in the NFL?

The latter was my impression.  I believe he actually played outside a good bit in college, but the perception was that his relatively short arms and lack of experience against the top DBs in the top college programs would cause him to translate to a gimmick guy/slot receiver in the NFL where he can no longer win with speed/quickness.

One scouting report I saw spelled it out bluntly: "Making a Big Step Up in Coverage Competition"

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

I’d like to think Erik has matured a bit since then…he doesn’t strike me as the sort to have that type of reaction but I think that was back when he first started doing his stuff.

Stinks we scared a guy like that off. Smart guy super talented, hope he makes a nice buck there cause he's the one that brought my interest to the channel

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Erik blocked me for disagreeing with him on Tyrod's fit in a Rick Dennison offense. Time proved me right as well, but it wasn't even about that... I was having a genuine constructive conversation but I was disagreeing with him (you and I have had plenty of those eball) and he just blocked me for disagreeing. 

I agree though that some of the media folks who have posted here have not been particularly well treated. I think Wawrow for example has been subject to some pretty snarky behaviour. 

Another poster here, who has played in college, coached at the HS level, and received pay to prepare scouting reports for pro teams (ie knows something) has reported the same experience with Erik Turner.  He's a civil poster here who keeps his temper against snark and "disagrees agreeably" so I'd guess that he was civil and trying to have a genuine conversation when Erik blocked him.

It's a bit of a shame because by insulating themselves from critical POV and disagreement, Cover1 is still worth watching but IMO sliding into a bit of homerism - when they're raving about the success of the run blocking while Cody Ford is visibly holding on the screen in a way that would likely be called during a game, that kind of thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Another poster here, who has played in college, coached at the HS level, and received pay to prepare scouting reports for pro teams (ie knows something) has reported the same experience with Erik Turner.  He's a civil poster here who keeps his temper against snark and "disagrees agreeably" so I'd guess that he was civil and trying to have a genuine conversation when Erik blocked him.

It's a bit of a shame because by insulating themselves from critical POV and disagreement, Cover1 is still worth watching but IMO sliding into a bit of homerism - when they're raving about the success of the run blocking while Cody Ford is visibly holding on the screen in a way that would likely be called during a game, that kind of thing.

Yeah, that's disappointing to hear.

• Like (+1) 1

I was watching a breakdown video he did on the run game and I started to feel like Jules in Pulp Fiction, except it wasn’t “Say ‘what’ one more GD time!” It was, “Say ‘north and south’ one more GD time!” He dropped the term every 30 seconds, it became irritating enough for me to ditch the video. His stuff isn’t bad, he knows the X’s and O’s, he did that online scouting academy thing, but I don’t think much of his delivery. 

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So your issue is that good players will want to get paid? I’d rather have good players than worry about whether or not they will have to be paid years later. In my company all of the top performers want to get paid. That’s what we do to retain top talent.

No my issue is players who want conracts redone early but when they are cutt they do not want Bills to get compensation on cap but I understand you have a different opinion.  I also dislike players holding out and then returning to get a year credit after being out 10 games.

38 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Professional ones like @john wawrow do.  I'd take 1 of him over 10 of Timmy quality.

Emphasizing the point, 👍 

Remember the last time Warrow posted here? He took a load of crap from members here, haven’t seen him post since…, 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.