Bills cuts

Chandler#81

Just now, Beck Water said:

I possibly wasn't clear. 

Jones would be re-signed on Weds, after the Bills are able to put Stevenson on IR - that's assuming they haven't given up on "Speedy" and still want to keep the possibility of using him this season alive.

I'm not sure where the refererence to 6 games comes into it?

I thought that was the earliest he would be able to come back if he was put on the 53 and then IR'd.  I know if they IR him without putting him on the 53 he's done for the year.  Or I have everything messed up with IR.

33 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Stevenson is still on the team?  I'm assuming he's IR or PUP?

They said on GR that if a player makes the 53 and then goes on IR there is an advantage to the team as he can come back during the year. I would assume that will be what happens and he will be where the Punter spot goes. 

43 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

FIFY.  Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Crowder, Shakir ahead of him.  Can argue about whether the order is Shakir, Crowder or Crowder, Shakier, either way Hodgins was competing with Kumerow for #6.  And McKenzie/Shakir have important ST roles as returners.

People say #5 or #6 or whatever but that doesnt mean much.  If Diggs goes down then Davis isnt taking his spot because he already has an outside role for instance.  Its not like 5 recievers need to go down before he would see the field.  One or two injuries and Kumerow is the starter.

31 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

It may be a bit premature but it's beginning to look like Von Miller makes the team.

Yeah, Dunkirk Don was saying something about that…, he’s always got the scoop, 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

People say #5 or #6 or whatever but that doesnt mean much.  If Diggs goes down then Davis isnt taking his spot because he already has an outside role for instance.  Its not like 5 recievers need to go down before he would see the field.  One or two injuries and Kumerow is the starter.

That's the case for most teams when they lose skill position players.

Hodgins at 5 or 6 needed to prove he was an asset on ST.  He didn't so kumerow got the spot. 

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Or we might take someone off the practice squad, if we feel someone is better suited to the role there.

Just now, The Wiz said:

That's the case for most teams when they lose skill position players.

Hodgins at 5 or 6 needed to prove he was an asset on ST.  He didn't so kumerow got the spot. 

Im not trying to argue he should be on the team or anything.  I think he should be because he is better at WR than Kumerow, but I'm not upset about it or anything.  Im just saying that calling him a #5 or #6 doesnt mean anything.  Those guys are one or two injuries away from being the starter.  People portray it as if its 5 or 6 away.  Its not.  

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Or we might take someone off the practice squad, if we feel someone is better suited to the role there.

Which is why I hope he makes the PS and doesnt get claimed.  He is better than Kumerow as an option at WR, if needed, IMO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm pretty sure we use more 2 slot wr formations than two outside wr formations. 

If wr 1 or 2 is out we're going to see a lot of McKenzie and Crowder on the field at the same time. With Shakir being a chess piece that can move around. 

The times we do see Kumerow on the field is in 2 wr sets bc we want to run and he's a better blocker than Diggs or Sanders was. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.