Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The decision should be based on what he did, not the role on the team. If he was a rookie first round QB it’d be “ah well, let’s see if he’s actually guilty first”.

His role isn’t significant for the success of our season and I don’t think keeping him while the civil suit and criminal investigation are both pending is worth the backlash this team is taking. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Hes absolutely livid. 

Agreed

He made a point that he was "trying to be solution oriented right now" and "trying to get the truth" and "that's what keeps going through my mind - try to do the right thing".

But it seemed pretty clear to me, despite him deflecting questions, that he feels he was misled and not given complete information and perhaps maybe let down

Candidates for that "let down" would be whoever was charged with investigating and vetting Araiza pre-draft, whoever on the Bills was charged with investigating after the LA Times article came out and Matt Araiza hired a lawyer (and allegedly communicated with the Bills -but with whom on the Bills), and possibly Matt Araiza himself.

16 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

He feels let out to dry. Rightfully so.

He shouldn’t be the first person to speak to the press live regarding this situation.  Beane should be.

16 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

“Do you feel like you were mis-led by any of the parties at any point in the process?”

”I’m not gonna get into that.”

Hooo boy

Beane and Terry need to be in front of a mic ASAP. 

From a human perspective, I want Araiza  gone. 

From a football perspective, let McD get back to work, and refocus the team on football. Let the front of house people manage the front of house. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

She was a 17 year old girl.

Did you see the choke marks all over her throat?

Did you see the bloodstains all over her clothes?

Will you say just one more thing so I can get me some satisfaction?

Yea why wasn’t he arrested and charged…. Can anyone answer that

Bills really F'd up with their statement yesterday.  All they had to say was "We are aware the serious allegations involving one of our players and are actively investigating it.  In the meantime Araiza will not be suiting up."    They worded the their as though they've known for some time and have basically brushed it aside but you can clearly tell from McD's presser that he just found out about this as we all did.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The decision should be based on what he did, not the role on the team. If he was a rookie first round QB it’d be “ah well, let’s see if he’s actually guilty first”.

It should be. But whatever the position of player (unless it is a star player eg franchise QB) he will be off the team for sure due to the effect on the place that the news brings.

2 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

Yea why wasn’t he arrested and charged…. Can anyone answer that

How about a deal?

If anybody is arrested and charged for raping that teenage girl, I toss you out of here.

If a bloodied, bruised, gang-raped teenage girl turns out to be the B word you claim, you can stay.

Deal?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lost said:

Bills really F'd up with their statement yesterday.  All they had to say was "We are aware the serious allegations involving one of our players and are actively investigating it.  In the meantime Araiza will not be suiting up."    They worded the their as though they've known for some time and have basically brushed it aside but you can clearly tell from McD's presser that he just found out about this as we all did.  

Massive eff up.

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Beane and Terry need to be in front of a mic ASAP. 

From a human perspective, I want Araiza  gone. 

From a football perspective, let McD get back to work, and refocus the team on football. Let the front of house people manage the front of house. 

Better chance of the Bills going 0-17 than Terry talking publicly. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Lost said:

That's the impression I got that someone knew about potential stuff but he didn't. I'm just guessing obvs

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Agreed

He made a point that he was "trying to be solution oriented right now" and "trying to get the truth" and "that's what keeps going through my mind - try to do the right thing".

But it seemed pretty clear to me, despite him deflecting questions, that he feels he was misled and not given complete information and perhaps maybe let down

Candidates for that "let down" would be whoever was charged with investigating and vetting Araiza pre-draft, whoever on the Bills was charged with investigating after the LA Times article came out and Matt Araiza hired a lawyer (and allegedly communicated with the Bills -but with whom on the Bills), and possibly Matt Araiza himself.

I highly doubt we properly vetted pre-draft though it’s interesting that Warwow indicated that some teams were aware of the allegations at that point. I imagine the biggest cloud is what has happened after 30th July. 

Also, who cut Haack? If it was McDermott, what information dud he have on Araiza prior to making that decision and what did he find out in the last 24 hours?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ManCrushPassRush said:

Kind of ***** to make Sean go out there by himself to address the media. I'd have to imagine Beane and others within the Bills know much more about the situation and should be the ones addressing it. Not the coach.

It's kind of just how things lined up this came up yesterday as they were traveling to a preseason game that he'd be speaking after.