Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

5 minutes ago, Delusional Bills Optimist said:

If there were other indicia of reliability surrounding the journal, or other contemporaneous statements made that laugh with what’s in the journal,

You may have a typo here.

Where's your para?-)

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So question: is the evidence collected in the criminal case available to the civil proceedings?  How does this work?

According to the web page of this lawfirm, the pretext calls may be admissible in California:

https://www.lacriminaldefenseattorney.com/legal-dictionary/p/pretext-calls/

Good question. I wish I was admitted in CA and could speak with more specificity.  Generally, evidence collected in a criminal investigation is admissible in a civil proceeding, but there could be some fruit of the poisonous tree issues that would probably be state-specific and controlling with regard to the crossover. However, evidence from the criminal investigation would need to be admitted through the testimony of the criminal investigators. This would expose them to examination about why they declined to press charges (assuming charges do not hereafter get pressed).

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Judging by McD’s body language, Punt God is gonna be cut in the morning. Especially that “we have work to do” question. He’s furious. 

it has to be a fait accompli by now, right?   Based on the fact that he didn’t play tonight.

I call BS on this deal for now…. If he really did this why wasn’t he arrested back then… Now all the sudden he’s in the NFL and has a few bucks… Sounds like a possible scamming gold digging you know what trying to get her hands on some fast cash