Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

So obviously a serious situation that can get him kicked off the team. Some posters seem to think he's good as gone already. So as of now if Bills are waiting for the investigation is complete to decide to take action if needed,  doesn't Matt still gets to play during that process? Unless he ends up suspended by NFL. 

Is all that right in how things stand for now?? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I dunno 🤷‍♂️.  I have the impression that it's not uncommon in college towns with a big party culture, for high school girls to crash them.

thank you. Of course it’s completely common. There were a bunch of Halloween parties the night in question. Campus police aren’t spread in and around the college IDing people on the streets.

Edited by JoPoy88

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

yes. Allen’s earned every ounce of credibility from the team and the community.  And in terms of value he plays the complete opposite position of punter. 

hypothetically, you want to say the exact same accusation come out against Allen my reaction would be to probably want to suspend him with pay while the civil or criminal case plays out. 

with a punter there is nothing to consider. You just move on and get another one.

So positional importance corresponds to how much time (or rather just allow) we give the justice system to make a determination of a player's innocence or guilt!??!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Bass wasnt the first kicker picked, beli's guy is out of the league already. hes kinda raw as a prospect. booming leg, but lacks direction and hangtime questions. i dont find it overly odd

Exactly.   People keep saying this about they were shocked he wasn’t the first punter taken, but Araiza wasn’t even the top punter on anyones board, and not always even in the top 2. He had real question marks about hang time and accuracy, which are far more important in the NFL than distance.  

The only reason people were shocked was because he had a cool nickname and was the only punter they heard of, but he wasn’t the best punter in college football.  He might end up being the best of the class as he has the most upside, but it was not a surprise he wasn’t the first one picked.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

they’ve only sided with him up to this point. Yes, the team claims they did an investigation. Who knows how thorough it was? Was it Browns-level thorough, where they didn’t interview a single victim? NFL teams have tons of financial resources to conduct these things, but little to no power to convince or compel people to talk to them. Who knows how they landed after this private investigation. Now that this is public, the optics are entirely different. The fact that they stuck with him up to today means little.

Does anyone honestly think kim, beane or mcd would keep this dude around for talent? i trust them to do the right thing. if they cut ties tmrw, i dont believe itll be due to pressure, but some new finding. if they cut him, i think itll be for the right reasons. if they keep him on board and stand behind him, it will have nothing to do with talent, and everything to do with sticking up for "family" catching an unfair backlash. theyre not going to walk out of this is hypocrites to the lockerroom. the media might, but that wont matter. thats soooooooo engrained into mcd. stand up for what you believe is right, is the man i see him as. either way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, aceman_16 said:

So positional importance corresponds to how much time (or rather just allow) we give the justice system to make a determination of a player's innocence or guilt!??!

Of course.  It’s always been this way. Chalk it up to the saying “life’s not fair”. “The haves and the have nots.”

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Ok. So, tell the guy you're a high schooler. Problem solved

According to her lawsuit, she did

Doe informed Araiza that she attended Grossmont High School. Araiza, who was 21 years old, knew or should have known that Doe was a minor. Despite her age and inebriated state, Araiza led Doe over to the side yard of the house where he told her to perform oral sex on him. She got on her knees and complied. Araiza pulled her up from the ground, turned her around facing away from the party, and used his penis to penetrate her ***** from behind.

If true, that's statutory rape right there. 

If she told people she was 18 (my kid was 18 as a senior in HS) then he may have a "mistake of age" defense

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

he’s not worth the drama or the fight unfortunately. It is a no brained to cut him. More bad then good would come from keeping him on the team. 

You sure about that?  A guy who can punt 80 yards is one hell of an asset. The NFL record is 10 yards longer. HoF punters don't come within 10 yards of his first punt in NFL and that's their longest with a 1,000 punts on their foot.

I gotta let it play out more.  

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Just saying... You can discount a punter... BUT a gut who can average over 50 yards a punt is a game changer.  

As a Bills fan, I gotta wait for more facts to come in and not my emotions take over. Pat Kane is still playing.   So did Ben Roethlisberger... I was pretty hard on Kane, if more damning facts about Araiza come out, I will be hard on him too. 

Bills knew about this in July and still cut Haack anyway... That bodes well, I guess.

There's going to be a large contingency of Bills fans who will sour on them for this fact alone.  Cutting him tomorrow won't change that but it's better than keeping him.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Lol. Ok man. Most people at college parties are drinking and trying to get laid, it's safe to assume that the people there are college age. I could completely understand why someone wouldn't ask. I ask again,, WHY CAN SHE NOT TELL HIM HER REAL AGE? she knows she's a minor, wouldn't that be the right thing to do?

So it’s partially her fault she got too drunk at a party and was gang raped? 

and people wonder why rape victims don’t come forward. 

• Eyeroll 2

3 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

So obviously a serious situation that can get him kicked off the team. Some posters seem to think he's good as gone already. So as of now if Bills are waiting for the investigation is complete to decide to take action if needed,  doesn't Matt still gets to play during that process? Unless he ends up suspended by NFL. 

Is all that right in how things stand for now?? 

Just my opinion but I think they have enough info that they expect this to be work out in his favor. Otherwise he would of been cut before this even hit the news cycle. 
and as of tonight, he’s an active player and can play. Maybe the league decides before game time to put him on the exempt list but as of now he’s an active player 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

JFC you actually said This. 

What I said isn't referring to Araiza specifically. It was a general response as an example. It takes at least 2 people to make sex happen, correct? It is not all his fault that he doesn't ask and it is not all hers that she doesn't tell him. However, because of the girl knowing she is the one underage, she should make it more clear. Though, while he could ask, it is not 100% on him to do so. Why do the women and the minors always get the benefit of the doubt in these cases?

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

There's going to be a large contingency of Bills fans who will sour on them for this fact alone.  Cutting him tomorrow won't change that but it's better than keeping him.

Fair enough...

But, Bills knew in July and still cut Haack.

Just now, CountDorkula said:

So it’s partially her fault she got too drunk at a party and was gang raped? 

and people wonder why rape victims don’t come forward. 

Was it Araiza that did it? I gotta wait for more facts to come out.