NFL+ Streaming Service Launches today

DrDawkinstein

With so many streaming services now a days, it would be awesome if a company would package a bunch of theses apps together into one single service

That way you get the stuff youd like and only have 1 payment to make

Wouldn't that be convenient? 

(Patiently waiting until people start describing cable after all these years of "cutting the cord")

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

With so many streaming services now a days, it would be awesome if a company would package a bunch of theses apps together into one single service

(Patiently waiting until people start describing cable after all these years of "cutting the cord")

cutting the cord but attaching a wireless router

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Isnt that what a credit card does?

• Like (+1) 1

The NFL app on your phone or tablet used to give you your local market games as well as nationally televised games for free.

Sounds to me like they have decided to start charging for something that was free for years.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

The NFL app on your phone or tablet used to give you your local market games as well as nationally televised games for free.

Sounds to me like they have decided to start charging for something that was free for years.

Considering how cheap a digital antenna is, I'm not seeing any value in the inclusion of local market games. Those are the easiest to get.

And I can get them right on the CBS and FOX apps too.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Considering how cheap a digital antenna is, I'm not seeing any value in the inclusion of local market games. Those are the easiest to get.

I am a cord cutter and use a digital antenna. They are cheap and the picture quality is usually great.

The local market inclusion in the old app still had value for me though. If the game opposite the bills was a good one I would use that on my tablet to monitor it. Also if the Bills weren't playing it was nice to be able to set up my tablet to keep track of the game while doing something else, like gaming.

If they allowed it to be installed on a roku or something along those lines it would have value for someone without cable for the national games at least and I'd consider it. Definitely not worth paying for though for me now though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/National-Football-League-Launches-NFL+.aspx

Provided below is a breakdown of the NFL+ and NFL+ Premium products:

NFL+

Live local and primetime games on mobile and tablet devices

Live out-of-market preseason games across all devices

Live game audio (home, away and national calls) for every game of the season

NFL library programming on-demand (ad-free)

$4.99/month or $39.99/year

NFL+ Premium (includes features of product formerly known as NFL Game Pass)

All features of NFL+

Full game replays across devices (ad-free)

Condensed game replays across devices (ad-free)

Coaches Film including All-22 (ad-free)

$9.99/month or $79.99/year

So still no live-stream of out-of--market games. $40/year gets you live radio, $80/year gets you replays.

Looks like I'll still watch at the bar or find a stream online.

it says live local and primetime games on mobile and tablet.

Is this typo? It says live not delayed.

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

I will stick with Reddit streams yet again.

i have issues with those. They all try to redirect to adds or show malicious website and block it. 

2 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Would be interested to see what's in the "NFL library programming on-demand (ad-free)."  If it's the full catalog of highlight films from the 60s and 70s, might be worth kicking the tires on this.

youtube has virtually all of that but can be hard to find and quality can be poor. But poor quality vid mirrors the view when we watched on fuzzy TV back then. LOL

I don't care about access to actual live broadcasts.  I live in the Midwest an have Sunday Ticket for that.  Can't wait until this migrates away from DirecTV, but it's fine for the time being.  I watch the 1:00/4:00 ET slots every week whether the Bills are on or not, so I feel like I get my money's worth out of it.

During the drought, that was pretty much all the NFL I ever consumed.  Since 2019 or so I've been watching more podcasts, replays of other games involving rival teams, and stuff like that.  I thought about springing for Game Pass last year and never bothered, but I think I might open up my wallet for NFL Premium.  I know already watch condensed replays during the season.  I'm 100% sure I would watch the Bills' all-22 each week if I had access to it.  I occasionally watch random replays on NFLN if I happen to stumble onto one that I don't remember watching at the time, and I'm sure I would do that with this service throughout the year, including the offseason. 

I know I can probably get this for free, but I'm also interested in having radio audio available.  It probably doesn't synch up quite right with live television, does it?  When I lived in central Indiana eons ago, stuck watching the Colts all the time whether I wanted to or not, I used to mute the television and listen to the radio call instead.  Would love to do that again with random games.  So much more personality than the network guys.   

Edited by BillsFanSD

19 minutes ago, cba fan said:

i have issues with those. They all try to redirect to adds or show malicious website and block it. 

youtube has virtually all of that but can be hard to find and quality can be poor. But poor quality vid mirrors the view when we watched on fuzzy TV back then. LOL

Definitely need a good ad-blocker. I have Ad-Aware and another one that I forget right now at home on Firefox.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, CSBill said:

This is what the dark web was created for. 

I understand that, but those links are always filled with spam, ads and other malicious garbage that I hate using that method anymore. Do you know of any links that are simple to use, like the one I use for NHL? The website "NHL66.ir" is excellent without much problems. Thanks is advance!

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

It said you can use the NFL App.  I have the NFL app on my TV that comes with the Roku stick.  I assume I can watch on the big TV using Roku.

I hope you are right! I already have the NFL app on my smart tv (android os) and fire stick/cube. So if I could watch using that I may consider trying this service. 

But it seems many places are reporting that the games can only be watched on mobile devices and tablets.

ex:

https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/25/23277153/nfl-plus-streaming-live-games-super-bowl-premium-subscription

and on NFL.com it says this:

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-launches-exclusive-streaming-subscription-service-nfl

NFL+ offers access to live out-of-market preseason games across all devices, live local and primetime regular season and postseason games on mobile devices, live local and national audio for every game, NFL Network shows on-demand, NFL Films archives and more.

that sure makes it sound like the games will only be available on mobile devices.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

CBS depends on the market.  Locally CBS has never worked.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.