NFL+ Streaming Service Launches today

DrDawkinstein

1 hour ago, Ned Flanders said:

For example, an "In Market" game between Buffalo and Denver, will not be on NFLN in those two cities.  If you are outside of Buffalo, any Bills game is considered "Out of Market" and will be shown on NFLN and NFL+.

That's how I would interpret.  But my question is "Are you certain?" 

I understand it's not possible to be 100% certain as the new service is just starting and there have been no preseason games since. But is that how it worked in the old Game Pass?

We should have a really good idea after the HOF Game, I'm thinking 

1 hour ago, T&C said:

We use Sling but just use an antenna for all the local channels. Did you have to buy some sort of local package from Sling due to bad reception?

I wonder if this NFL+ would work on a chromebook.

I get better/less choppy visual with Sling but CBS refuses to be included so I have to use the antenna for that 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And, sure 'nuff, here it is!

NFL.jpg

So FREE Madden 23 AND FREE NFL+!!

Can we just refer to you as Harold from now on? It's a lot easier to type.

• Haha (+1) 1

Ok. So at this price point, I think I’m all in to watch the Bills games this year, especially all the prime time games. I’m definitely out of market.   But I don’t have cable.. haven’t tried the over the air antenna networks yet (just moved here, but not optimistic considering where I am in the world).  

For years I’ve streamed from illegal sites.. and the few prime time games I’d watch on yahoo or amazon app.   But..! Neither app will let me connect my ipad or phone to the TV and stream it.  Which wasn’t that big of a deal when it was 1 or 2

games. 

So.. is this something for me?  To watch out of market sunday games, plus all the prime time/thanksgiving games, and stream to my TV??   Or am I sticking with the traditional plan of making it up week to week on the corners of the web?? 

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Ok. So at this price point, I think I’m all in to watch the Bills games this year, especially all the prime time games. I’m definitely out of market.   But I don’t have cable.. haven’t tried the over the air antenna networks yet (just moved here, but not optimistic considering where I am in the world).  

For years I’ve streamed from illegal sites.. and the few prime time games I’d watch on yahoo or amazon app.   But..! Neither app will let me connect my ipad or phone to the TV and stream it.  Which wasn’t that big of a deal when it was 1 or 2

games. 

So.. is this something for me?  To watch out of market sunday games, plus all the prime time/thanksgiving games, and stream to my TV??   Or am I sticking with the traditional plan of making it up week to week on the corners of the web?? 

If you are talking about NFL+. you CANNOT watch regular season out of market games with it.

18 minutes ago, The Dean said:

If you are talking about NFL+. you CANNOT watch regular season out of market games with it.

Yeah that’s what I was hoping to get.  But all my games are out of market..or prime time.   So I guess I’m back to where I was. 

58 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yeah that’s what I was hoping to get.  But all my games are out of market..or prime time.   So I guess I’m back to where I was. 

Check the thread NFL SUNDAY TICKET STREAMING $96 LOOPHOLE**

If you know a college student, their school and birthdate you are good to go. Note the $96 promo requires an .edu  email address. Otherwise it’s about $120

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, The Dean said:

Not live anyway. They are available after the game has concluded. For 1 pm games, I golf in the afternoon not listening to any games, when I get home, turn on Game Pass (Now NFL+) and watch the game in its entirety. Unfortunately, can't forward through commercials. The next morning, the games are available in a condensed version where you only see the plays and full version without commercials.

On 7/25/2022 at 6:16 PM, Logic said:

Using a reputable VPN and subscribing to the European version of NFL Gamepass for $250 per year still looks to be the best option for those who don't have or want DirecTV. 

From there, all you have to do is hook your streaming device up to your TV either with an HDMI cable or via Aircasting, and boom, high definition NFL football on demand, on your television, plus NFL Network, Red Zone, and the full archive of NFL Network programming and past games and Super Bowls to boot.

Hopefully, this is the last year that this is necessary. Sounds like from 2023 onward, we'll be able to just get Sunday Ticket (or whatever they're going to call it) from Google or Amazon or whoever wins the bid.

With the Euro basically at par with the US$, it's actually $190 bucks plus tax. Tough to beat. Only issue is that it's about 30 seconds or so behind the US broadcast.

On 7/25/2022 at 9:22 AM, BillsFan4 said:

Looks like a nice option for cord-cutters who live in their team’s local market, but yeah that’s about it.

Disappointed they won’t offer a package with all the live games. Full game replays are nice but I already get a bunch of those with NFL network.

edit - I take that back!

Well that’s stupid. Phone and tablet only? I guess I could probably cast it to my tv but I’d rather be able to download an NFL+ app and just use that on my tv (or fire stick, etc).

Some of the NFL products last season blocked screen casting to the TV somehow.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Whats the point in just local and primetime games... you can already watch that with anyvother cable or streaming platform. Had a ton of potential but NFL really screwed up by limiting games you can watch to games that you most likely already get.

4 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Whats the point in just local and primetime games... you can already watch that with anyvother cable or streaming platform. Had a ton of potential but NFL really screwed up by limiting games you can watch to games that you most likely already get.

It seems like they basically just monetized what they had previously been offering for free by throwing in a couple extra features.

I guess they can’t offer a full streaming package though because of deals they already have in place with other networks and streaming services.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Some of the NFL products last season blocked screen casting to the TV somehow.

That was my question. If I put it on my tablet, can I just screencast to the TV. So that's probably a no, but not 100% sure yet?

Come on NFL, I just wanna watch the games without paying for a $65 a month tv subscription i won't use for anything else.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:21 AM, Realist said:

Not live anyway. They are available after the game has concluded. For 1 pm games, I golf in the afternoon not listening to any games, when I get home, turn on Game Pass (Now NFL+) and watch the game in its entirety. Unfortunately, can't forward through commercials. The next morning, the games are available in a condensed version where you only see the plays and full version without commercials.

There are 2 different NFL offerings. Need the NFL+ Premium option to watch previous games which is $79.99 a year or $9.99 a month versus the non premium version which does not.

For those that don't mind risking it DYOR. I just buy codes off Ebay. Picked one up for $25 yesterday for the NFL+ Premium option. Code worked fine. I normally do the same thing with Sunday ticket as well to watch games live. I use the NFL one to watch coaches film or condensed version of game later.

Edited by billieve420

So, if I am reading this right, I won’t need ESPN to watch Monday night football if I have NFL+? We recently dumped FUBOTV and went pretty much exclusively antenna/free tv apps. We have prime so I was covered for Thursday night, but I was sweating Monday nights. Looks like I might be good there? 

edited to add: I am local in the Buffalo area. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

So, if I am reading this right, I won’t need ESPN to watch Monday night football if I have NFL+? We recently dumped FUBOTV and went pretty much exclusively antenna/free tv apps. We have prime so I was covered for Thursday night, but I was sweating Monday nights. Looks like I might be good there? 

edited to add: I am local in the Buffalo area. 

Appears so says live local and primetime games.

"Live local and primetime Regular Season & Postseason games on your phone or tablet."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.