NFL+ Streaming Service Launches today

DrDawkinstein

15 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

In the past, we gotten free game pass as STH, will that still be the case here?

Sent an email yesterday to rep, will post when I get an answer. 

13 hours ago, Logic said:

Using a reputable VPN and subscribing to the European version of NFL Gamepass for $250 per year still looks to be the best option for those who don't have or want DirecTV. 

From there, all you have to do is hook your streaming device up to your TV either with an HDMI cable or via Aircasting, and boom, high definition NFL football on demand, on your television, plus NFL Network, Red Zone, and the full archive of NFL Network programming and past games and Super Bowls to boot.

Hopefully, this is the last year that this is necessary. Sounds like from 2023 onward, we'll be able to just get Sunday Ticket (or whatever they're going to call it) from Google or Amazon or whoever wins the bid.

I use a college email address and get ST for $99. Limitation is only one game at a time. But most Sundays I have Bills game on and Redzone on other TV through YouTube TV, or if Bills not playing one game through ST, other whatever the broadcast game is. In other words, the one game limitation has never been an issue for me with two TVs going at same time. 

On 7/25/2022 at 10:22 AM, BillsFan4 said:

Looks like a nice option for cord-cutters who live in their team’s local market, but yeah that’s about it.

Disappointed they won’t offer a package with all the live games. Full game replays are nice but I already get a bunch of those with NFL network.

edit - I take that back!

Well that’s stupid. Phone and tablet only? I guess I could probably cast it to my tv but I’d rather be able to download an NFL+ app and just use that on my tv (or fire stick, etc).

if the app provides real I've access like DTV does along with SiriusXM I am in.   I can always send my iPad to appleTV

On 7/25/2022 at 11:07 AM, ProcessAccepted said:

$4.99/month isn't that bad for us folks who live out of market. Unless I'm wrong I can use this with my VPN solution to watch Bills games live. That worth $1.25 a game to me. But like @BillsFan4 said it'd be better with a Firestick/Roku app.

Can you explain this option to me? I've been streaming illegally with no VPN protection (which I understand hides one's IP address). I'd be glad to pay to watch legally, but the options seem very expensive. 

14 minutes ago, finn said:

Can you explain this option to me? I've been streaming illegally with no VPN protection (which I understand hides one's IP address). I'd be glad to pay to watch legally, but the options seem very expensive. 

With a VPN you can set your location to anywhere in the world (depending on the VPN service). So I’m guessing he’d use it to set his IP location as in-market for the game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, finn said:

If you use a VPN solution like Nord you pick a city that you want to have as your "location". So for example when Netflix in other countries have different movies etc you can make Netflix think you are in London and watch UK content even though you are really in the US. So if NFL+ give you live local games you choose a local market city and NFL+ makes the local game available to you since it thinks you are local. The non legal streams open you up to viruses and worms.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

If you use a VPN solution like Nord you pick a city that you want to have as your "location". So for example when Netflix in other countries have different movies etc you can make Netflix think you are in London and watch UK content even though you are really in the US. So if NFL+ give you live local games you choose a local market city and NFL+ makes the local game available to you since it thinks you are local. The non legal streams open you up to viruses and worms.

How does this work though? I've tried VPN's to do this, & most streaming services give you an alert saying "looks like you're using a VPN, disable to access blah blah blah."

I recently tried it again to watch local/IN-MARKET games on YouTube TV (Dallas Mavericks) because it was blacked out, so I set my city to NY/LA/Chicago hoping it'd see me as an out of market viewer. Nope, instead got an alert telling me to turn off my VPN to access YouTube TV... 

Are there specific VPN services that skirt around this?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

How does this work though? I've tried VPN's to do this, & most streaming services give you an alert saying "looks like you're using a VPN, disable to access blah blah blah."

I recently tried it again to watch local/IN-MARKET games on YouTube TV (Dallas Mavericks) because it was blacked out, so I set my city to NY/LA/Chicago hoping it'd see me as an out of market viewer. Nope, instead got an alert telling me to turn off my VPN to access YouTube TV... 

Are there specific VPN services that skirt around this?

I'm thinking you have to turn location off and not use wifi. One or the other anyways.

Was just reading up on NFL+ over on NFL.com. They confirm that the live regular season games will only be available on phones and tablets.

https://www.nfl.com/plus/learn-more?icampaign=npl-edi-cpr-NFL+_Editorial_Launch_Promo

What games are available to watch LIVE with NFL+?

NFL+ provides access to the live Regular Season and Postseason games that are available in your local TV market, from Kickoff to Super Bowl LVII. Regular season and postseason games are generally available on your phone or tablet. NFL+ also includes live out-of-market preseason games as well as live audio from every game of the season, on any device. With an NFL+ Premium subscription, you can watch full and condensed replays of every game on your schedule.

I was assuming you could still at least cast it to your TV if you have a method for doing it (like chromecast for ex). I didn’t think that the app would offer a built in casting option but figured I could still do it with chromecast or Apple air play.

But then I came across this:

https://theathletic.com/3454558/2022/07/27/nfl-streaming-service-nfl-plus/

Can I watch live regular-season and playoff games on my TV via NFL+?

No. Live regular-season and playoff games are available only on your phone or tablet. The service blocks casting to a smart TV or laptop/computer. Only preseason games can be viewed live on your connected TV or computer via NFL+, as can the replays.

That makes this service much less appealing to me. I don’t really need it to watch games right now anyway but thought it might be a decent option if I ditch cable.

But I’m not really interested in having to watch on my 11” tablet screen or 6” phone screen only.

I guess we will have to wait and see if there’s a way around this… 

too bad it wasn’t available on PC. Then I’d just run an hdmi cable to my tv. But that’s not allowed either.

https://support.nfl.com/hc/en-us/articles/5400888930076-I-subscribed-to-NFL-with-an-in-app-purchase-How-do-I-watch-games-on-my-computer-

I subscribed to NFL+ with an in-app purchase. How do I watch games on my computer?

In order to access your NFL+ subscription on your computer, simply go to NFL.com and login to your NFL.com account there.

You will be able to access NFL+ content, with the exception of live Regular Season & Postseason games, which are only available to watch on your phone or tablet.

I was going to take advantage of the sale on a year subscription to NFL+ for $29.99 that’s running right now but I think I’ll wait. This really isn’t that appealing to me right now. The only thing I’d be buying it for would be the preseason game access that you can watch on your TV. Game replays for every game would be cool but that costs $79.99/yr for the premium option. I get a majority of games live and the NFL channel shows a bunch of game replays already so I get to see most of the games I want to see as it is.

Disappointed with the initial launch of this service. It had the potential to be great but I guess they probably don’t want to deter people from using the other streaming services and networks the NFL has partnered with. Or maybe it was part of the new TV deal. 

Edited by BillsFan4

I'm thinking of getting NFL+ for the preseason, as I don't get the NFL Network on my cable package (selected and paid for by the landlord).  So I was getting it specifically to see the Bills preseason games.  But reading the description again, it says "out of market" preseason games. If they are televised live on the NFL Network, is that considered an "in market" game?  If so, then the pass provides me with very little value.

Any game broadcast (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX) in one's market is considered "in market".  But I'm not sure if that applies to the NFL Network telecast.  Anyone know for sure?

On 7/31/2022 at 10:52 AM, BillsFan4 said:

With a VPN you can set your location to anywhere in the world (depending on the VPN service). So I’m guessing he’d use it to set his IP location as in-market for the game.

Yes but some sites and apps don't care. YouTubeTV for example.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I'm thinking of getting NFL+ for the preseason, as I don't get the NFL Network on my cable package (selected and paid for by the landlord).  So I was getting it specifically to see the Bills preseason games.  But reading the description again, it says "out of market" preseason games. If they are televised live on the NFL Network, is that considered an "in market" game?  If so, then the pass provides me with very little value.

Any game broadcast (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX) in one's market is considered "in market".  But I'm not sure if that applies to the NFL Network telecast.  Anyone know for sure?

For example, an "In Market" game between Buffalo and Denver, will not be on NFLN in those two cities.  If you are outside of Buffalo, any Bills game is considered "Out of Market" and will be shown on NFLN and NFL+.

I thought about this...for about two minutes. And then I realized that:

1) I already get local games via Sling, which I already pay for.

2) it only works on tablets and smart devices, which already support the app I for a service I already pay for.

3) this is a repackaged NFL rewind, a service that I liked, but would run on my laptop or console, and making it only mobile means I'm less likely to invest in even that.

Come on NFL, stop shooting yourself in the foot 

11 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I thought about this...for about two minutes. And then I realized that:

1) I already get local games via Sling, which I already pay for.

2) it only works on tablets and smart devices, which already support the app I for a service I already pay for.

3) this is a repackaged NFL rewind, a service that I liked, but would run on my laptop or console, and making it only mobile means I'm less likely to invest in even that.

Come on NFL, stop shooting yourself in the foot 

We use Sling but just use an antenna for all the local channels. Did you have to buy some sort of local package from Sling due to bad reception?

I wonder if this NFL+ would work on a chromebook.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just asked my ticket rep if I should jump on the $29.99 special on NFL+ and he said WAIT!!!  Season ticket holder offer coming in the email before the end of the day. Hmmmm.

And, sure 'nuff, here it is!

NFL.jpg

So FREE Madden 23 AND FREE NFL+!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.