Who wins the NFC South?

YoloinOhio

Division winner predictions   

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFC South?

What a terrible division. Bucs all the way unless something goes very wrong. Saints could make a push but you have Brady and then this division is like a rehab clinic for failed top QB picks : mariota, Winston, mayfield. 

*3rd division in the preseason prediction series. Previously did nfc north and afc south.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

If Winston stays healthy, I think they can be competitive and give the Bucs trouble.

They have talent on offense and a good defense - not sure what to expect with the coaching change and Winston is always a wild card but they should be the best of the rest. Losing armstead could hurt. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Tampa will clinch the division before Thanksgiving and will sweep the division 14-3

New Orleans has famous Jameis and a new HC ... 9-8 at best

Panthers have upgraded at QB if Mayfield is healthy... Too bad for them McCaffrey is always injured 6-11

Atlanta could have the first pick in the 2023 draft. 2-15

I'm going with the Saints.  Winston back (who was playing well last year before the injury), Michael Thomas back, add Jarvis Landry, add in Chris Olave, their draft was definitely solid,  and I think their defense is better than Tampa's from top to bottom. 

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm going with the Saints.  Winston back (who was playing well last year before the injury), Michael Thomas back, add Jarvis Landry, add in Chris Olave, their draft was definitely solid,  and I think their defense is better than Tampa's from top to bottom. 

Ditto. They whooped TB twice last season, but couldn’t pull of the trifecta in the playoffs.

<Disclaimer: I HATE Brady!>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think Saints are overrated. Losing Brees and now Payton and Armstead. Aging team. Bucs are the safe bet but I don’t want to be boring and give the consensus answer.

So Panthers. Good young defense, Baker to be a capable manager and not throw away games like train-crash Darnold. Burns, Horn, Chinn, DJ Moore. 

Edited by Seoulofstone
  • Disagree 1

Let's be honest Brady could play with one arm and blindfolded and the Bucs will still win that division; one of the worst, if not the worst, in the league imo.

Edited by Rigby
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Rigby said:

Let's be honest Brady could play with one arm and blindfolded and the Bucs will still win that division; one of the worst, if not the worst, in the league imo.

Probably one reason why he decided to come back. He’s going to waltz into the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

I went the Saints because I think that their defense is elite. They may have the best defense in football. Jameis was great last year before suffering an injury. They added talent on offense and get Thomas back. The loss of Payton will hurt the offense some but I could see like 10-7 or 11-6 winning it. The Saints own the Bucs as well. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I went the Saints because I think that their defense is elite. They may have the best defense in football. Jameis was great last year before suffering an injury. They added talent on offense and get Thomas back. The loss of Payton will hurt the offense some but I could see like 10-7 or 11-6 winning it. The Saints own the Bucs as well. 

And OLAVE is gonna eat

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/23/2022 at 8:11 AM, YoloinOhio said:

What a terrible division. Bucs all the way unless something goes very wrong. Saints could make a push but you have Brady and then this division is like a rehab clinic for failed top QB picks : mariota, Winston, mayfield. 

*3rd division in the preseason prediction series. Previously did nfc north and afc south.

I expect the Saints to be a bit dangerous. They may split with Tampa. However, if Baker can revive the Panthers along with McCaff, they could go 4-2/3-3 in the division...maybe....but in the sucky NFC, they could make a WC. I for one would be very happy for Mayfield.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.