Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

On 1/11/2023 at 11:40 AM, BillsFan4 said:

Thanks! Yeah I figured out they didn’t send him down while watching the Sabres game last night when they mentioned what Kevyn Adams said about 3 goalies during the broadcast, and Comrie said after the game that UPL was supposed to play last night but was sick when he came to the rink that morning.

Im glad. UPL has been our best goalie this season. If they are trying to win there is no reason to send him down. He needs to be playing.

100% agree. UPL should be starting as many games as long he performs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, QCity said:

Can this team win a Saturday afternoon game against the Ducks?

I honestly have no idea.

We seem to do poorly on these *DREADED* Saturday afternoon games.  I hate these things. Hockey is a night game.

The Ducks do suck, so there's that. I think we'll be OK.

I can't believe the number of 6 baggers this teams plays.  Wow!

I'm fair weather, as indicated earlier (like way earlier) in this thread, but goddamn.  When I get a chance to see the Sabres with an offensive output like this, I'm kinda thinking that there's something here.  The Hasek years... were largely Hasek, but this is something different.  Can't believe what I'm seeing, but am thoroughly enjoying these games as I get to see them.

On 1/22/2023 at 12:21 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

They're wearing the #Goatheads. They'll win and score 6!

We did wear the all blacks (that I love so dearly and which seem to being used more and more and more) and we did indeed score 6 !

Hopefully we can get 6 tonight in Dallas...

With the Bills bowing out, the Sabres just got even more relevant in my world.  If we can only climb into a close playoff race, it would make things so much more interesting.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

We did wear the all blacks (that I love so dearly and which seem to being used more and more and more) and we did indeed score 6 !

Hopefully we can get 6 tonight in Dallas...

With the Bills bowing out, the Sabres just got even more relevant in my world.  If we can only climb into a close playoff race, it would make things so much more interesting.

They are fun, and stress inducing. They play a high risk style. Attack and score, but also give up a lot of odd man chances. Luckily Ukka Pekka Luukkonen has emerged as the #1 goalie.

46 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Oh good god.  Craig Anderson 🙈

Having an amazing game so far. Saving the Sabres asses a bunch.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They are fun, and stress inducing. They play a high risk style. Attack and score, but also give up a lot of odd man chances. Luckily Ukka Pekka Luukkonen has emerged as the #1 goalie.

Having an amazing game so far. Saving the Sabres asses a bunch.

Anderson was there when he needed to be last night.  That was a big win on the road against the leader of the west.  Ukka Pukka Sambuca has been playing well overall and that has made a big difference.  

19 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Anderson was there when he needed to be last night.  That was a big win on the road against the leader of the west.  Ukka Pukka Sambuca has been playing well overall and that has made a big difference.  

UPL plays tonight vs St Louis.

That was a *** damn good win.  Dallas is no joke especially with Otter in net. Anderson fended off a crazy barrage in the first 10 minutes (which likely saved the game) but the Sabres somehow tilted the ice in their favor for last two periods.

We essentially picked up Tyson Jost for nothing? OK 😂

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, QCity said:

That was a *** damn good win.  Dallas is no joke especially with Otter in net. Anderson fended off a crazy barrage in the first 10 minutes (which likely saved the game) but the Sabres somehow tilted the ice in their favor for last two periods.

The Dallas goal that tied it at 2 shows how dangerous they are.  Holding them to 2 is terrific.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, QCity said:

Jost has been very good in Buffalo.  Great pickup.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.