Jump to content

Rich Eisen sneakiest great pick


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I would’t count out Zack Moss. I know he did nothing this year, but he took Devin’s job the year before and was the main guy before he got hurt. I mean he was really, really good. And he has two years left on his deal. 

Beane has said Moss was injured and they expect him to have a comeback year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I would’t count out Zack Moss. I know he did nothing this year, but he took Devin’s job the year before and was the main guy before he got hurt. I mean he was really, really good. And he has two years left on his deal. 

Beane mentioned Moss was still having issues with his ankle after having surgery on it after his rookie year. But that being said I disagree that he was "really, really good"(if he was really, really good than what was singletary who was better?). Idk if I would even give him average even with us changing the blocking schemes in '20 that suited Moss better than Singletary. Singletary has played better than Moss every year they've been in the league.  

 

It seems like we're switching back to a blocking scheme that fits Moss better so maybe he can show something this year. But I'm not holding my breath, I don't see him as a good running back and that's going back to college. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, wppete said:

Have to agree with this even though Rich is a puppet tool. James Cook is going to be a weapon for this offense. Can’t wait. 

Puppet tool or not, he’s better and far more listenable than the vast majority of sports talking heads. He gets a 👍 from me , 

  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Nice read. Thanks for sharing. Not sure a 2nd round pick can be "Sneaky", but it's good to see Cook has some high profile media fans. I like the pick, but wish Cook was also slated to take carries away from Motor. I can't forget Singletary virtually disappeared from the offense for large chunks of the season. When the Bills had their mid-season slump, Singletary was getting stuffed on a regular basis, and fans were ready to dump him. Hopefully Cook has the stamina to be a productive back in the running game as well. I'm still not 100% certain that Singletary is even a top 30 back in the NFL

The Dump off IS the running game. Put them both in the backfield but have Cook’s YAC ability. Add a what looks to be an improved O line….we’re good😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Beane mentioned Moss was still having issues with his ankle after having surgery on it after his rookie year. But that being said I disagree that he was "really, really good"(if he was really, really good than what was singletary who was better?). Idk if I would even give him average even with us changing the blocking schemes in '20 that suited Moss better than Singletary. Singletary has played better than Moss every year they've been in the league.  

 

It seems like we're switching back to a blocking scheme that fits Moss better so maybe he can show something this year. But I'm not holding my breath, I don't see him as a good running back and that's going back to college. 

Agree, Moss has been over all a bit below average, never understood all the noise some members here make about him. Oh well, 

 

Go Bills!!!

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Agree, Moss has been over all a bit below average, never understood all the noise some members here make about him. Oh well, 

 

Go Bills!!!

Before he even played a snap he was being hyped up as this amazing back and high fantasy pick. I just sat here like say you've never watched him play with out saying you've never watched him play. Right. Oh well. 

 

And absolutely GO BILLS!!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s coming to the point that you hope the Bills don’t read the press about them.  It’s hard to remember that there was a point last season where it was possible the Bills would lose the AFCE and not make the playoffs. I am not trying to rain on the parade but the weather may take a nasty turn if the Bills don’t fix some of what ailed them last season.

 

Cook may prove to be a part of the change that was needed by giving Josh yet another weapon.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a lot of the excitement around Cook isn't that he will replace Singleterry as the #1 RB.  Motor earned that job late last season. It's that he will elevate the pass receiving production from Bill's RB's big time.  Since Allen has been QB the Bill's have not had a true RB threat in the passing game.  This has been a huge hole in the Bill's offense.  Cook doesn't have to be spectacular here to have a big impact.  If he's above average the Bills have substantially improved their offense.

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I would’t count out Zack Moss. I know he did nothing this year, but he took Devin’s job the year before and was the main guy before he got hurt. I mean he was really, really good. And he has two years left on his deal. 

He was never "really, really good". He did have moments of competence, though.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

He was never "really, really good". He did have moments of competence, though.


I would go with really good then. Before he got injured in that Colts game he was starting to get more touches than Devin. He runs hard and runs downhill and he is bigger, faster, stronger. To me he is the perfect complimentary back to Cook and is here for 2 more years. I do like Devin, I am simply saying don’t be surprised if he wrestles that spot back. He’s fresh and probably fully recovered from the ankle. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

Fixed 

Obviously ALL of the NFL media and the Bills don't share your view. Most had need for a running RB as #1 or #2 on EVERY Bills needs list. Keep your eyes wide shut. I want a SB, Singletary as the feature back lessons that chance.     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Obviously ALL of the NFL media and the Bills don't share your view. Most had need for a running RB as #1 or #2 on EVERY Bills needs list. Keep your eyes wide shut. I want a SB, Singletary as the feature back lessons that chance.     

ALL the nfl media doesn’t watch every snap of the bills games in the middle of the season…..so they have no clue wth they are talking about.  
 

meanwhile…..Brandon Beane didn’t draft Breece hall…..and drafted a rB that is a better receiver than rb…..so he obviously disagrees with your assessment.  
 

as if devin Singletary was the reason the we didn’t win the SB….. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 
 

get a clue 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...