What is your favorite football related phrase?

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

My least favorite is "complementary football." Why do we need a term for "everyone should play well?"

Agree complementary football doesn't even make any sense.  The offense doesn't try any harder or less hard to score if they get the ball after a turnover or after a punt, or after the half-time kick-off.  

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

My least favorite is "complementary football." Why do we need a term for "everyone should play well?"

I have a few. 

"Wide right"

"13 seconds"

"Brings his lunch pail"

And the collinsworth special "he's the type of guy that....."

• Sad 1

mine is silly............when my son was 2 he would hear me yell at the television Incomplete, Incomplete ...he tried to mimic me so it came out he said

In-com-peanut.......It was so adorable and it has stuck as a family joke. haha

INCOMPEANUT!~!~!!!!

• Haha (+1) 4

The game is won and lost in the trenches 

Act like you’ve been there before

Matriculate the ball down the field 

He could go all the way!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, artmalibu said:

Matt Millen: “You can’t even fart on guys anymore and they call a flag”

Ohhhhh, the memories! It was about 30+ years ago when I went to a wedding of a close childhood friend in Pittsburgh. One of “the gang” was there with his wife. I had never met her before, but she walked up to me and said “So, you’re the guy who farted on my husband’s head”.  😱  🤷‍♂️

WHAT? I had no recollection of such an event, or how that could even go down. But I could not deny it was not a possibility.  That was a long time ago, and fortunately nobody threw a flag! 

OK, I’m (temporarily) done sharing far too much. Turns out the fart head’s wife is awesome, and she thought the tale was hysterical!   

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.