Bills eyeing Gilmore…Hmmmm 🤔

Scorp83

12 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I bet he gets flagged for holding again if we sign him.

It's like having American Express when you play for NE.

You lose that "card" when you leave the Pats. 

Membership has its privileges..😂

22 hours ago, Putin said:

If the money is about the same give or take a mill or two obviously Gilmore, but I think the price difference would be significant 

You can make the argument Rhodes had the better season but I still think I'd take Gilmore over the other options. I wouldn't hate it if they acquired Rhodes. Haden for some reason doesn't move the meter for me.

Gilmore

Rhodes

Haden

In that order.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Airseven said:

Gilmore is busted. Hard pass at whatever inflated price he's waiting for. 

Yes his health is definitely a concern does anyone know haw he did with the panthers ? 
Not sure how many games he played.

6 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

It feels like Gilmore is a really long shot now. 

It feels the Bills are going to draft their next CB.   They also have two guys on the practice squad that will add to the depth. 

Don't be such a Doug Whaley.

31 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

It feels the Bills are going to draft their next CB.   They also have two guys on the practice squad that will add to the depth. 

What makes you say he is a longshot?

33 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I'm not sure how, if anything we have more capspace now.

51 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Disagree. If anything, Gilmore (or another veteran cb) is much more likely to be signed than before the Diggs extension. When final contract #s come out, I bet Diggs’ cap hit will be decreased 10-13m this year. That 10-13m could easily pay for a cb, the draft picks while leaving some for inseason needs

2 hours ago, Vickveto said:

What makes you say he is a longshot?

Hasn't Gilmore always been a longshot to re-sign? It's possible, but certainly doesn't seem likely, IMO.

The Diggs contract probably plays a very small part in this, if any. But the Bills might have more cap space now.  

I think the only way Gilmore comes to the Bills is if Gilmore agrees to take less than he could make elsewhere. Seems like a longshot to me. But who knows?

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Hasn't Gilmore always been a longshot to re-sign? It's possible, but certainly doesn't seem likely, IMO.

The Diggs contract probably plays a very small part in this, if any. But the Bills might have more cap space now.  

I think the only way Gilmore comes to the Bills is if Gilmore agrees to take less than he could make elsewhere. Seems like a longshot to me. But who knows?

I just don’t think we have to pay him less we still have a couple more restructures we can do and I think we just cleared up about 10 million in Cap Space so if he really wants to come and not just using us for money leverage I honestly think we offer the best opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Vickveto said:

I just don’t think we have to pay him less we still have a couple more restructures we can do and I think we just cleared up about 10 million in Cap Space so if he really wants to come and not just using us for money leverage I honestly think we offer the best opportunity.

I don't think the Bills are about to pay Gilmore what he wants, unless he gives a discount, as he really doesn't seem like a culture fit. And #2 CB in the Bills defensive scheme isn't a position I'd throw a ton of money at. But unlike some, I have no problem drafting one in the late first round, or the second.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.