2022 Concerts: Who Is Everyone Going to See?

Gugny

Actually i believe it's probably true.  They say a rumor isn't true until it's officially denied....Billy K had a rough end to 2021.  Bob Weir seems to be thrilled playing with the Wolf Bros, Mickey would probably like nothing more than to focus solely on his world percussion stuff, Mayer has cemented himself as a major draw.  I think we'll see Oteil and Jeff C carry on in some way.  We'll see

31 minutes ago, Gugny said:

How the hell can Rolling Stone break a story that hasn't been verified by the ***** BAND MEMBERS?!?!  Someone's in trouble.

Edited by The Poojer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Saw Joan Jett last night at the Albany Palace Theater (Albany, NY - less than 3K capacity).  

Good show, but surprisingly short.  Opener (Soraia) - clearly heavily inspired by Joan Jett, played a nice 30-minute set of throwback 80s rock and roll.  Started at precisely 8pm.  Nice energy.  Female singer (no instruments), female drummer, dudes on bass, guitar and keys (barely audible).

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts came out at precisely 9pm.  Nice set of Runaways tunes and her most popular JJBH tunes.  Then, shockingly, they went acoustic and did a set of 4-5 tunes, which turned out to be pretty excellent.  She said they'd only been working on the acoustic set for the past couple weeks and asked for our patience.  Said she felt "exposed."  

Then ... that was it.  Done.  Exactly 90 minutes and they were done.

That was a little disappointing, but I'm glad went.

I know she's part of the Def Leppard/Poison arena tour, so I'm not sure how many of these smaller shows she's got scheduled.  If you've never seen her (this was my first time), I'd recommend it - especially in a venue this size. 

We got tix to the 1st Annual Sacred Rose Music Fest at SeatGeek Stadium Aug 26-28 in Chicago.

https://www.sacredrosefest.com

Posted earlier about attending Saucerful of Secrets show in DC (reasonable distance from where we live). Just picked up tix to also attend show at Shea’s on Sun, Oct 9. Hope it works out with Bill’s schedule…taking a chance but liked the reviews I saw for opening of the tour the other day in Dublin.

Edited by Mr Info
  • Like (+1) 2

On 4/17/2022 at 12:01 PM, Mr Info said:

We got tix to the 1st Annual Sacred Rose Music Fest at SeatGeek Stadium Aug 26-28 in Chicago.

https://www.sacredrosefest.com

Posted earlier about attending Saucerful of Secrets show in DC (reasonable distance from where we live). Just picked up tix to also attend show at Shea’s on Sun, Oct 9. Hope it works out with Bill’s schedule…taking a chance but liked the reviews I saw for opening of the tour the other day in Dublin.

Holy crap, that's a festival!!!  Trying to sneak in a lesh show during my Dead and Company roadie

Some shows coming to the DC area I'd like to check out, i.e. Lindsey Buckingham next week, Steely Dan in June, Sting Labor Day weekend.  Paul McCartney coming to Baltimore in June but tickets are outrageously high...my neighbor paid $1800 for two tickets and I told him at that price, I hope you're sitting on Sir Paul's lap.

• Agree 1

Nothing near me but plenty in the NE:

The Zappa Band 2022 Tour Dates:

Jun 3 Whiskey A Go Go Los Angeles, CA
Jun 12 Center for the Arts Homer, NY
Jun 14 Race Street Live Holyoake, MA
Jun 16 Sony Hall New York, NY
Jun 17 Tarrytown Music Hall Tarrytown, NY
Jun 18 The Newtown Theatre Newtown, NJ
Jun 19 The Birchmere Alexandria, VA
Jun 21 Ramshead Onstage Annapolis, MD
Jun 22 Ardmore Music Hall Ardmore, PA
Jun 24 Narrows Center for the Arts Fall River, MA
Jun 25 The Cabot Theatre Beverly, MA
Jun 26 The Flying Monkey Plymouth, NH

the 3(not 4)  healthy members just played in a small venue down the road from me friday night.  they were very good

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

For those of you in the Capital District, or willing to travel, moe. is playing a FREE show at Empire State Plaza on July 6th.

https://www.bandsintown.com/e/103397371?affil_code=js_moe.org&app_id=js_moe.org&came_from=242&utm_campaign=event&utm_medium=web&utm_source=widget

@The Poojer

Edited by The Poojer
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

B'52's last tour (probably not the last show though):

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-b-52s-announce-farewell-tour/

Some of these are with The Tubes... and speaking of, Re Styles passed away a few days ago at 72, those first 4 Tubes albums are gold:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/the-tubes-re-styles-dead/

RIP.

What Do You Want From Live is my go-to Tubes though, one of my fav live albums, sounds so great.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.