2022 Concerts: Who Is Everyone Going to See?

Gugny

20 hours ago, Rico said:

I see X is opening for the Psychedelic Furs at the Fillmore in Silver Spring. Would’ve been a great line-up & show 40 years ago, i might still go for the nostalgia, tix are a little over $50 incl. fees.

I saw X open up for Blondie a few years back... X was fantastic.  $50 is a bargain, these days.

For me, shows I have tickets for:

Dale Watson- last week of April

The Who- first week in May

Roxy Music/St. Vincent - early September

Roger Waters- early October

Sure there will be plenty of smaller shows in between...I have really missed seeing live music, more than anything over the last two years.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I saw X open up for Blondie a few years back... X was fantastic.  $50 is a bargain, these days.

Sure there will be plenty of smaller shows in between...I have really missed seeing live music, more than anything over the last two years.

That Roxy Music/St Vincent tour just popped up on my radar.  They're coming through Philly and will probably get tickets.

• Like (+1) 1

We're doing about one each month this summer...

April (actually this weekend) - Airborne Toxic Event in Buffalo (rescheduled from 2020)

May - Tim McGraw in Syracuse

June - Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats at Beak & Skiff 

July - Barenaked Ladies in Cleveland

August - Not sure but I know I'll see at least one concert at the New York State Fair 

And back in March we saw Bill Engvall on his final tour.  

Edited by Just Jack

2 hours ago, The Poojer said:

That Roxy Music/St Vincent tour just popped up on my radar.  They're coming through Philly and will probably get tickets.

I really like them both.  Roxy Music just kinda came out of nowhere.  Couldn't pass it up.  Didn't get great seats, but it should be a good show!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buftex said:

I saw X back in I think 1983 (at Uncle Sam’s?) right after seeing Lords of the New Church at the Continental, great lost weekend!

• Like (+1) 1

We did the Eagles Hotel California show recently, then saw Eric Clapton, which was great. We have Steely Dan coming up at the Chastain Park Amphitheater in ATL - great venue!  Then we have Van Morrison which may be the act I would most want to see. We might have Rod Stewart and some others (maybe Chicago?) coming up, but things got moved around or canceled so much with Covid I’m not really sure. 

Side note: We saw Steely Dan at the same amphitheater a few years ago on a warm summer night. We took our son, then in his early 20’s. We asked him what he thought and he said “it’s like elevator music without air conditioning.” Kids! What is this world coming to??? 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rico said:

I saw X back in I think 1983 (at Uncle Sam’s?) right after seeing Lords of the New Church at the Continental, great lost weekend!

Pretty sure I would have been at the Lords of the New Church show... that was my time, my era for the Continental.  Never did see X back then, however.  

11 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Pretty sure I would have been at the Lords of the New Church show... that was my time, my era for the Continental.  Never did see X back then, however.  

My main memory was when the sound went out during Eat Your Heart Out, the 2nd or 3rd song. Stiv started ranting about too much power being used elsewhere in the club, “Turn off that f’n Duran Duran!” :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

We did the Eagles Hotel California show recently, then saw Eric Clapton, which was great. We have Steely Dan coming up at the Chastain Park Amphitheater in ATL - great venue!  Then we have Van Morrison which may be the act I would most want to see. We might have Rod Stewart and some others (maybe Chicago?)

you're going to see more dinosaurs than I will at the Jurassic World show!

1 minute ago, coloradobillsfan said:

you're going to see more dinosaurs than I will at the Jurassic World show!

So true! I appreciate my own kind! 

The best year EVER in music was 1969. Hands down. Surrounding years were also good. I was 10 at the time, but it’s still the best year, and I know it. 

After that came disco, then rap. 🤮

I’ve seen the Stones three times. The first was about 1975 when I was about 16. Lifetime highlight at then Rich Stadium. Stepping thru the looking glass stuff for this young kid. Bed sheets hanging from the rafters announcing the “goods” they had for sale. It was a wild time, and I’ll never forget it. I’d rather go to Top Golf than see them again. 

We saw Drew Holcomb because my wife knew/worked with his dad.  GREAT show. Turns out he sold a song for a car commercial and made a fortune! Parents met us for dinner, had rare reserved seats in front row of balcony (as opposed to standing on the floor) and we went backstage. Very good show if you get the chance. 

There is some decent current stuff, but I’m not going to rave about having seen Sheryl Crow at the Botanical Center. It was “nice” to be out on the lawn. The “newer” stuff I’ve heard does not excite me. I hear some stuff I like, but nothing I love. 

Van Morrison is stuff we LOVE! As I’ve mentioned before, we had a number of friends who are in the R&R HOF. We’d have dinner parties at each other’s house’s. Each house had it’s own musical theme. We were apparently a Van Morrison theme, and they universally agreed “that man has SOUL!” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Rico said:

My main memory was when the sound went out during Eat Your Heart Out, the 2nd or 3rd song. Stiv started ranting about too much power being used elsewhere in the club, “Turn off that f’n Duran Duran!” :lol:

My college roommate loved Duran Duran.  We busted his balls mercilessly lol

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.