New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The average guy living in Snyder will have no problem paying $80 in extra taxes

Seeing as the average income in the hamlet is 3 times the average buffalo income 

If you’re living in Lancaster or Orchard Park or Snyder or Williamsville…. And you can’t pay an extra hundred dollars in taxes a year to keep the bills here

Well then you’re probably living above your means in that community anyways

It’s the people on the east side that will have a problem paying an extra hundred dollars in taxes

I never lived in Snyder, but just pulled that name after visiting my 95 year old mom today. She grew up there.

Beyond that, I’ve never seen anyone sway anyone else’s mind in a public funding of sports arenas discussion, so I’ll bow out. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I never lived in Snyder, but just pulled that name after visiting my 95 year old mom today. She grew up there.

Beyond that, I’ve never seen anyone sway anyone else’s mind in a public funding of sports arenas discussion, so I’ll bow out. 

To me it’s not about if it’s right or wrong

It’s do you want the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo…. That is the only question for western New Yorkers and New Yorkers to ask

I say yes … To me the Buffalo Bills being here for my children children is absolutely worth it

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

NY is giving Erie county a billion dollars for a new stadium.

Not Pegula.

Who is benefiting? Let’s tell it like it is. You support Terry Pegula fine but he is benefiting big time with limited risks. We the taxpayers are taking most of the risks to further enrich a billionaire in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Who is benefiting? Let’s tell it like it is. You support Terry Pegula fine but he is benefiting big time with limited risks. We the taxpayers are taking most of the risks to further enrich a billionaire in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I'm not supporting him.  Just pointing out the fact that the stadium is not his.  It belongs to Erie county and Terry is leasing it from them.

I'm not sure what risk is involved exactly from the average person.  Taxes go up with or without the stadium.

Terry now has to keep the team competitive for the next 20 years to make back his money on the lease he is going to sign.  He has his own risks to deal with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

Far cry from “I’ll just dig another well” that’s for sure…

if the oilman was gonna pay for it himself, and he wants to build a replica across the street, by all means, God bless him

but if taxpayers are giving $1, let alone $1 billion dollars, then it shoulda been required to be a DOME & downtown. Maybe then we coulda used it for something else, a Super Bowl, a freakin business conference once in awhile… duh!

So incredibly stupid

A Super Bowl is not logistically possible in Buffalo

Just stop with your hot takes

The most gaudy dome in the world… Jerry world

Has 13 events planned for the rest of the year

Sweet we could have six concerts lol It doesn’t bringing a lot of money

Hence why they said A dome in downtown Buffalo would bring as much revenue as new target 

That’s really changing the landscape lol

We’re saving close to $1 billion keeping it in Orchard Park

9 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

well NOW it ain’t, that’s for damn sure. They aren’t coming to Orchard Park!

They were never never never never never never coming to Buffalo

Dude I have over 100 years roots in this city … I still have a family home on Sherman Street on the east side

I’m never leaving

If you live in Buffalo and you thought all of this was possible it’s delusional… 

Because the people that are crying about a downtown stadium live in the outer suburbs and fled buffalo a long time ago for the most part …. Where is the outcry from Lovejoy and the west side? Masten park neighborhood?

I work in the inner city and there are very few people that are complaining… The people are stoked to have the bills

It’s easy to cry you want a downtown stadium from Lancaster or Orchard Park or Amherst…. But who’s gonna foot that extra bill?

Youre already complaining now

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

well no ***** they are happy now, the bills aren’t due yet. And I’m talking bills as in ($$$$) not the football team bills 

Just an embarrassing missed opportunity for our city, very pathetic 

I don’t think you’ve stepped 1 foot in downtown Buffalo in a decade

Because it’s not embarrassing and I would never say that about the beautiful city of Buffalo 

Not agreeing with it it is fine …. But even in my UB Football thread you are the most anti-Buffalo person

I’ve never seen you have one nice thing to say there either 

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Wrong

go figure someone disagrees with you on a $1 Billion investment right? “Dey must not beee from ‘round here”

childish

No every post from you in My UB football thread is complete garbage As well 

You have a lot of posts that show you’re not pro Buffalo

Because you call the University at Buffalo University at Amherst And destroy it every chance you get

There’s nothing from you that shows your pro Buffalo… You’re literally the opposite of @Buffalo Super Fan

You trashed the UB basketball hire…. Trash the football program… Trash the university’s name

And then don’t want our brand new bills stadium to be built

Dude Nothing from your posts show you like the city… You’re a C minus troll

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

To me it’s not about if it’s right or wrong

It’s do you want the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo…. That is the only question for western New Yorkers and New Yorkers to ask

I say yes … To me the Buffalo Bills being here for my children children is absolutely worth it

I am afraid this deal isn't doing much when it comes to keeping the Bills in Buffalo for your children's children.

The real and only winner here is Terry Pegula. He gets to outlay as little as possible while keeping the Bills where he wants until it's time to pass the torch in let's say 15-20 years. That, in my opinion, is one, albeit not the only one, reason why he is going for a rather basic stadium on the cheapest possible location. His financial commitment must be in line with the projected lifespan of his investment.

What happens once he is out of the picture will have to be seen. No one knows and perhaps shouldn't even care at this stage, but it's gonna be a rather interesting situation. Will his five children all agree on sharing ownership of the team AND keeping it in Buffalo? It sure appears there won't be enough dough left for only one of them to keep the team and still be a multi-billionaire, and they seem to care about preserving their lifestyle.

Pray for Terry to have a long and healthy life.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Far cry from “I’ll just dig another well” that’s for sure…

if the oilman was gonna pay for it himself, and he wants to build a replica across the street, by all means, God bless him

but if taxpayers are giving $1, let alone $1 billion dollars, then it shoulda been required to be a DOME & downtown. Maybe then we coulda used it for something else, a Super Bowl, a freakin business conference/expo once in awhile… duh!

So incredibly stupid

Buffalo was never getting a Super Bowl, dome or no dome. An “expo”? A business conference at a football stadium?

incredibly stupid is right. 

Yikes!

That was a whole lot of back and forth about stadium funding…again. Here’s the reality: if Pegula pays for the entire stadium then he has to recoup that expenditure only from those who attend events there. If the County pays a portion of it, that expenditure is spread across a wider population base. And if the State pays a portion of it that base gets even larger. So….unless you want to pay THOUSANDS of dollars to go to a game, you’d better hope the base is as big as possible. That’s just the math of it all. 

By the way, as someone mentioned, that’s exactly the principle behind a school construction bond. It isn’t paid for just by the parents who currently elementary aged kids. All property owners pay into it. Even senior citizens who will never have children attend that new school. Even parents with school aged children who currently attend private school. Even parents whose school aged children currently attend a different school in the same school district.

It’s not about right or wrong. Good versus evil. It’s just a means of spreading the cost of large capital improvement projects out over a wider population base. 

Now as to whether Mr Pegula owes the community a new stadium. He definitely does not. Just like someone mentioned above, when the City of San Diego put it to a vote the bond measure failed…and the Owner picked up the team and moved his ‘company’ to Los Angeles. 

Thanks

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Put your money where your mouth is. Quit supporting the Buffalo Bills if the Pegula family offends you as much as you portray they do.

Otherwise, you are an utter fraud.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Beast said:

Put your money where your mouth is. Quit supporting the Buffalo Bills if the Pegula family offends you as much as you portray they do.

Otherwise, you are an utter fraud.

Easier said than done. Haven’t we all learned that we’re basically a beaten and battered girlfriend in an abusive relationship? 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Easier said than done. Haven’t we all learned that we’re basically a beaten and battered girlfriend in an abusive relationship? 

Bills fans can never quit the Bills. The Eagles said it best. "You can checkout anytime you like but you can never leave". That describes the Bills fans relationship with the team perfectly.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Bills fans can never quit the Bills. The Eagles said it best. "You can checkout anytime you like but you can never leave". That describes the Bills fans relationship with the team perfectly.

It is the opposite.  Bills fans go sour and they are the beater of the girlfriend.