New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

How about you let them build it first, and then offer your opinion? You just might be pleasantly surprised! 

I have no doubt the new stadium will be cool. It’ll be a huge upgrade from what we currently have now. But that doesn’t mean I don’t think they made countless mistakes with the design, and the location, along with no roof. 

I know, I know, everyone is sick of hearing about all these complaints. Like I already said, as much as everyone is sick of hearing about it, those of us that have complaints are sick of hearing from everyone that it is what it is, just have to accept it. Or the argument that it keeps the Bills in Buffalo for the foreseeable future. It’s a lame acceptance imo. 

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

I have no doubt the new stadium will be cool. It’ll be a huge upgrade from what we currently have now. But that doesn’t mean I don’t think they made countless mistakes with the design, and the location, along with no roof. 

I know, I know, everyone is sick of hearing about all these complaints. Like I already said, as much as everyone is sick of hearing about it, those of us that have complaints are sick of hearing from everyone that it is what it is, just have to accept it. Or the argument that it keeps the Bills in Buffalo for the foreseeable future. It’s a lame acceptance imo. 

Well you’re right about one thing. Everyone is sick of hearing your whining. It’s the very definition of a complete waste of time. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well you’re right about one thing. Everyone is sick of hearing your whining. It’s the very definition of a complete waste of time. 

Well, here’s the thing. It’s a message board. A place for people to chat about their opinions on matters. Last I checked I was replying to someone else and you decided to comment to me here. So if you were sick of it, you sure had a funny way of bringing yourself in the conversation. 

I get it. It’s what you do for a living and you’re likely annoyed with everyone talking about the whole thing like they know what they are talking about. A shame really because throughout this whole process a lot of people were looking to you for your opinion on the matter. But it’s pretty obvious that now you don’t want to be part of the conversation anymore. That’s fine. We can all get along having our opinions on the whole process. 

maybe the mods will just close this thread because it’s obvious it’s nothing but a whine fest anyway. 2 sides of whining. Those that are sick of accepting what we are paying for as tax payers. And those that are sick of those people “whining” about it. 

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

I hate hate hate the whole argument of just being happy the Bills are staying. Bleh. The whole mentality of just happy to be here is disgusting. This was the chance for Buffalo to create a state of the art stadium and show they belong in the NFL. Instead they went for the cheapest stadium they could build. 

Where was it claimed this stadium was the “cheapest possible” option?

What state of the art amenities are you referring to that have been confirmed omitted from this project?

How does this building show the Bills don’t belong in the League?

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Was perusing through some of the contracts & agreements & opinions for this deal, and I think I need a lawyer to look at some of them (there are 19 different documents at Erie county's website!) so they can tell me that the Bills are prohibited from moving out of Buffalo for at least 30 years. I'd sleep better at night. Thanks. And oh, just in case anybody was unsure if there’s going to be PSLs before you set foot in the new place, yes, there will be PSLs.

Docs are at www3.erie.gov

Edited by Bob Jones
Words

15 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Was perusing through some of the contracts & agreements & opinions for this deal, and I think I need a lawyer to look at some of them (there are 19 different documents at Erie county's website!) so they can tell me that the Bills are prohibited from moving out of Buffalo for at least 30 years. I'd sleep better at night. Thanks. And oh, just in case anybody was unsure if there’s going to be PSLs before you set foot in the new place, yes, there will be PSLs.

Docs are at www3.erie.gov

I believe the long and the short of it is, no, the Bills aren’t expressly prohibited from moving away from Buffalo for the first 15 years of the new stadium.  BUT, there would be an $850 million fee to the ownership group for doing so.  And then in years 16-30 there would still be a fee, but gradually lower and lower (someone keep me honest here - did I mis-interpret that?)

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Fwiw, Sounds like your as salty about people still bringing it up as I am about it actually happening. 

I'm not salty.  I just shake my head at people who complain about things they can't change.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Yeah. It’s still a mistake. I get your point. But what transportation hub do you really foresee them building in OP and what good does it have other than 10-12 days a year for Bills games and a few concerts? 

yes I know the deal is done. Nothing is going to change it. Fwiw, Sounds like your as salty about people still bringing it up as I am about it actually happening. 

Transportation Hub? 😂

Fancy name for an NFTA bus stop and a rideshare pickup/dropoff area.  Nothing more, nothing less 

55 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well, here’s the thing. It’s a message board. A place for people to chat about their opinions on matters. Last I checked I was replying to someone else and you decided to comment to me here. So if you were sick of it, you sure had a funny way of bringing yourself in the conversation. 

I get it. It’s what you do for a living and you’re likely annoyed with everyone talking about the whole thing like they know what they are talking about. A shame really because throughout this whole process a lot of people were looking to you for your opinion on the matter. But it’s pretty obvious that now you don’t want to be part of the conversation anymore. That’s fine. We can all get along having our opinions on the whole process. 

maybe the mods will just close this thread because it’s obvious it’s nothing but a whine fest anyway. 2 sides of whining. Those that are sick of accepting what we are paying for as tax payers. And those that are sick of those people “whining” about it. 

I believe you completely misunderstood my comment. Yes, it’s a message board. Your ‘message’ has been heard, logged, tallied, received and delivered way more than once now. But you’re not offering anything new at this point. As regards to my expertise, you’d probably be surprised to learn that I actually share almost every one of your opinions.  But as that ship has obviously sailed it seems now we leave it in the hands of the designers and hope that we’re all pleasantly surprised.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I believe the long and the short of it is, no, the Bills aren’t expressly prohibited from moving away from Buffalo for the first 15 years of the new stadium.  BUT, there would be an $850 million fee to the ownership group for doing so.  And then in years 16-30 there would still be a fee, but gradually lower and lower (someone keep me honest here - did I mis-interpret that?)

Made sense from what I read quickly as I glanced at it. And really that’s a joke. Anyone buying teams now aren’t people that are sitting on many multiples of Billions. We’re not talking about Terry Pegulas going forward. We’re talking about Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk moving forward. Like 40B+ range people. $859M is a drop in the bucket to those kind of people. They’d easily make that up in any negotiations with whatever city they decide to move the team to. 

3 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

There were already secure when the oilman bought it. At least that is what he promised. We didn't need to pay for a new stadium for him

I'm still waiting on the trickle down effect from Reaganomics.

I was promised it would happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I believe you completely misunderstood my comment. Yes, it’s a message board. Your ‘message’ has been heard, logged, tallied, received and delivered way more than once now. But you’re not offering anything new at this point. As regards to my expertise, you’d probably be surprised to learn that I actually share almost every one of your opinions.  But as that ship has obviously sailed it seems now we leave it in the hands of the designers and hope that we’re all pleasantly surprised.

There really hasn’t been anything new from almost any point of view in about 65+ pages of this thread. A few tidbits here and there about new developments and that’s about it. But to my point, I was simply commenting about the “transportation hub” that was brought up from the recent contract. And as @LabattBlue just commented. All that is, is going to be a NFTA bud stop. Nothing more, nothing less. I hope we’re wrong about that but I don’t see it. I was simply using the downtown stadium idea as an example of what it could mean. And I’m sure I’m wrong but I don’t think many people were talking about a transportation hub downtown at any point in this thread. Personally I thought it was a new twist on an old b#+{h in the subject. 

yes, I do believe you agree with much of what my opinion is on the matter. You and I have went back and forth throughout this thread going way back actually. 

I guess the complaining of myself and many others here has finally reached the people that actually believe in what we’re complaining about but are just sick of hearing about it. 

and that’s why I said we might as well just shut down the thread and someone can post some stuff again when there’s more developments in a new thread altogether. Because you are right. Nothing but 2 sides to this topic and no one is getting anywhere arguing/discussing it. 

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

There really hasn’t been anything new from almost any point of view in about 65+ pages of this thread. A few tidbits here and there about new developments and that’s about it. But to my point, I was simply commenting about the “transportation hub” that was brought up from the recent contract. And as @LabattBlue just commented. All that is, is going to be a NFTA bud stop. Nothing more, nothing less. I hope we’re wrong about that but I don’t see it. I was simply using the downtown stadium idea as an example of what it could mean. And I’m sure I’m wrong but I don’t think many people were talking about a transportation hub downtown at any point in this thread. Personally I thought it was a new twist on an old b#+{h in the subject. 

yes, I do believe you agree with much of what my opinion is on the matter. You and I have went back and forth throughout this thread going way back actually. 

I guess the complaining of myself and many others here has finally reached the people that actually believe in what we’re complaining about but are just sick of hearing about it. 

and that’s why I said we might as well just shut down the thread and someone can post some stuff again when there’s more developments in a new thread altogether. Because you are right. Nothing but 2 sides to this topic and no one is getting anywhere arguing/discussing it. 

I’m not sure how this particular project defines a transportation hub but I can tell you that just about every major project moving forward has to include something in consideration of mass transit and electric vehicle charging stations. This would be true whether you’re developing a new football stadium or a local elementary school. It’s all part of the new Green Code…like it or not. On a related note, when we attended the Bills game at Wembley Stadium we were utterly amazed at how they were able to move 80,000 fans out from the stadium in a matter of just a few minutes all using their Tube system. Incredible! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure how this particular project defines a transportation hub but I can tell you that just about every major project moving forward has to include something in consideration of mass transit and electric vehicle charging stations. This would be true whether you’re developing a new football stadium or a local elementary school. It’s all part of the new Green Code…like it or not. On a related note, when we attended the Bills game at Wembley Stadium we were utterly amazed at how they were able to move 80,000 fans out from the stadium in a matter of just a few minutes all using their Tube system. Incredible! 

Well. That was my intent on commenting on the transportation hub. Personally I didn’t see it/read it when I glanced over the contract details. So when I saw it I was confused a little by it as well. Like you said, with green energy now, I’m positive that all plays into it. I’m sore there will be some bus stops in the area which I’m almost positive that no one attending Bills games will even utilize. It’s more for the area in general. Just my opinion. 

I have not been to Wembley so I have no idea of what process they use. But I’m sore it would likely be pointless in the suburbs of OP. Maybe something downtown would have benefited from that. But that’s more of my old whining arguments in regards to that. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

I'm not salty.  I just shake my head at people who complain about things they can't change.

First I will ask is how many of you have gone to any other stadiums in any of the big 4 leagues in the US? If you look around at a lot of the newer stadiums they all have major amenities. Examples are bars/restaurants and in a few stadiums I have visited they had an area for families to enjoy.  I get it that most of you on this board are hardcores and are there for the game. The thing is a lot of the casual fans want those things. For them the stadium and what's in it is the draw. The game no longer is much of one as most can watch it at home for free. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

It’s a message board. the point of discussing it with other people and multiple sides arguments/opinions are going to be involved. That’s all I’m saying. 

6 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

First I will ask is how many of you have gone to any other stadiums in any of the big 4 leagues in the US? If you look around at a lot of the newer stadiums they all have major amenities. Examples are bars/restaurants and in a few stadiums I have visited they had an area for families to enjoy.  I get it that most of you on this board are hardcores and are there for the game. The thing is a lot of the casual fans want those things. For them the stadium and what's in it is the draw. The game no longer is much of one as most can watch it at home for free. 

I highly doubt that ‘other various amenities’ will ever be a draw in remote Orchard Park. I’ve said from the very beginning, if the stadium remains in OP then the design should include the very best tailgating support that the project can provide. Now THAT would make this stadium unique! 

8 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Again you’re hammering away at this bar/restaurants and family zone gripe. We’re over 3 years away from the thing opening. They haven’t stuck one shovel in the ground yet. And yet you keep insisting and assuming this place won’t have these things. Nothing like that has been announced yet. Can you not wait and see? 

Yes I’ve been to other NFL/MLB/NHL/NBA venues all over the place.