New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

I can’t wait to see the PSL and STH prices, and the number of STH who subsequently walk away.  

I don’t care how many people are currently on the waiting list, I think that list will dry up pretty quickly. 

I can tell you what the Jets do. As for seasons you can pay in full due 2/1 by check or credit card. You can pay over 6 months by credit card only starting 2/1. As for the PSL fee the Jets send that out in late September and its due Nov 1. You can pay it in one shot. Most people can't afford to do this. You can pay over 5, 10, 15 years. Unfortunately, the Jets charge interest if you do it this way. But the season ticket bill and PSL bill come at different times of the year. The Bills will have to work with the fans on the PSL fee. Many won't be able to pay it in one shot.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was built solely FOR him, at his demand.

Like poloncarz didn't want to have a new stadium built along with the thousands of bills fans in WNY.

And all the businesses that are going to get jobs from the construction and maintenance of the stadium.

And all the sponsors that are going to want to have their name on a shiny new stadium.

None of them wanted it built.  Only Pegula.  

Got it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I can’t wait to see the PSL and STH prices, and the number of STH who subsequently walk away.  

I don’t care how many people are currently on the waiting list, I think that list will dry up pretty quickly. 

I’m more sure it’ll completely dry up. Right now between the difference in seats being offered in the new stadium from now, and the waiting list is 7k. Which likely goes up next year even more. If I remember correctly, last season there was a wait list of 3k. So it appears people are trying to get in now for multiple reasons. Allen and the team is doing well. the wait list for the new stadium is going to be hell trying to get in for multiple years. My guess is next season you will see a waiting list of over 10k. 

40 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I can tell you what the Jets do. As for seasons you can pay in full due 2/1 by check or credit card. You can pay over 6 months by credit card only starting 2/1. As for the PSL fee the Jets send that out in late September and its due Nov 1. You can pay it in one shot. Most people can't afford to do this. You can pay over 5, 10, 15 years. Unfortunately, the Jets charge interest if you do it this way. But the season ticket bill and PSL bill come at different times of the year. The Bills will have to work with the fans on the PSL fee. Many won't be able to pay it in one shot.

They will definitely have to come up with something. I thought I heard options of one time pmnt. 1 year over time, 3 years over time, and 5 years over time. I can say this, even with interest, I’d opt for a 10 year or 15 year option of offered. Of course that depends on the price of the PSLs. Personally I think they are going to be much more than people expect. But will depend on section/seat options. 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m more sure it’ll completely dry up. Right now between the difference in seats being offered in the new stadium from now, and the waiting list is 7k. Which likely goes up next year even more. If I remember correctly, last season there was a wait list of 3k. So it appears people are trying to get in now for multiple reasons. Allen and the team is doing well. the wait list for the new stadium is going to be hell trying to get in for multiple years. My guess is next season you will see a waiting list of over 10k. 

They will definitely have to come up with something. I thought I heard options of one time pmnt. 1 year over time, 3 years over time, and 5 years over time. I can say this, even with interest, I’d opt for a 10 year or 15 year option of offered. Of course that depends on the price of the PSLs. Personally I think they are going to be much more than people expect. But will depend on section/seat options. 

Obviously, the NYC area market is different than Buffalo. My seats at MetLife (I have 2 seats) had a $5,000 per seat PSL fee. I opted for the 10-year payment plan. Thankfully for me I am done paying that now. My PSL fee wasn't even the most expensive. Lower level 50-yard line had a 20,000 per seat PSL fee. Only the extremely wealthy or corporations could afford those seats.

55 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Make long term payments so you can have the privilege to purchase tickets to watch multi millionaires play games. What a great time to be alive! Or, alternatively, there's a sucker born every minute! LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bob Jones said:

Make long term payments so you can have the privilege to purchase tickets to watch multi millionaires play games. What a great time to be alive! Or, alternatively, there's a sucker born every minute! LOL

I am one of those suckers. Here is the funny part. Most Giants and Jets fans will tell you they like Giants Stadium better than MetLife. The stadium is now 14 years old but for a relatively new stadium it is viewed as a POS by most fans especially when compared to stadiums in Dallas, Vegas, LA, Minnesota, Indianapolis. 

17 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Obviously, the NYC area market is different than Buffalo. My seats at MetLife (I have 2 seats) had a $5,000 per seat PSL fee. I opted for the 10-year payment plan. Thankfully for me I am done paying that now. My PSL fee wasn't even the most expensive. Lower level 50-yard line had a 20,000 per seat PSL fee. Only the extremely wealthy or corporations could afford those seats.

Yeah. Thought I heard that Dallas had some $50k PSLs in jerry world. 

depending on how bad they screw the average fan I may be in or out. We will find out soon because I’m pretty sure season tix holders will be contacted by this summer with options or at least with expectations of how they are going to handle it moving forward. 

14 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

To some people, being part of the experience is worth it. And to others, they may just renew their tix just to be able to sell them and make some money off then. 

I also would like to know moving forward how they plan to deal with ST holders once you pay the PSL. Is it yours to do which what you want? Can you then sell your PSL to someone else in the future? If there’s a huge waiting list, you may find someone willing to pay even double the PSL fee just to jump 10k people in line to get tickets. Time will tel. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Yeah. Thought I heard that Dallas had some $50k PSLs in jerry world. 

depending on how bad they screw the average fan I may be in or out. We will find out soon because I’m pretty sure season tix holders will be contacted by this summer with options or at least with expectations of how they are going to handle it moving forward. 

Isn't the seating capacity at the new stadium going to be around 60,000. That is probably a good number for the Buffalo market. Many fans will be priced out from going unfortunately.

Just now, Gregg said:

Isn't the seating capacity at the new stadium going to be around 60,000. That is probably a good number for the Buffalo market. Many fans will be priced out from going unfortunately.

It is going to be roughly 65k on paper but I’m not sure if the “party decks” that they have will be included in that. They are saying they may have up to 5-10k extra capacity for the party decks. Not sure if that will be in the 65k as I think they will be standing only options. Likely similar to the Sabres 200 level bar areas. I haven’t been to any newer stadium in the league where the standing room sections are utilized. Maybe those tix will be sold to non ST holders. Maybe it’s something you can buy as a ST holder. All things that will come to light eventually. Hopefully sooner than later. 

Just now, mrags said:

It is going to be roughly 65k on paper but I’m not sure if the “party decks” that they have will be included in that. They are saying they may have up to 5-10k extra capacity for the party decks. Not sure if that will be in the 65k as I think they will be standing only options. Likely similar to the Sabres 200 level bar areas. I haven’t been to any newer stadium in the league where the standing room sections are utilized. Maybe those tix will be sold to non ST holders. Maybe it’s something you can buy as a ST holder. All things that will come to light eventually. Hopefully sooner than later. 

But the fact that there’s a 7k person waiting list already makes it a huge waiting list imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The pricing out is already happening.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The pricing out is already happening.  

Of course it is. They are just increasing their ST price points now so that when the new stadium is built and they double the tix prices again it’s a huge gain for them. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

It’ll be a balancing act. They aren’t going to want to play in an empty stadium so I’m guessing it’ll take a couple of seasons to sort itself out. 

I think with the current increase they’ve had, and continue to have almost every season, they can inch into the new stadium. Then slowly raise prices every year after that. But I’d look for them to start with about double the tix prices. 

It’ll be a balancing act. They aren’t going to want to play in an empty stadium so I’m guessing it’ll take a couple of seasons to sort itself out. 

I don't see prices going down as long as the Bills are a perennial playoff team.  It's just how the cookie crumbles.  As much as it bums me out, I begrudge no one.

Of course it is. They are just increasing their ST price points now so that when the new stadium is built and they double the tix prices again it’s a huge gain for them. 

You apparently really loathe this organization. 

• Agree 2

You apparently really loathe this organization. 

Just trying to be realistic. I’ve been a ST holder since 2006. My tix prices have more than doubled in that time. And it’s increasing every year. This year my prices raised 6% I believe. Then I did something extremely stupid and moved to the clubs where they doubled again. That’s my fault. But it was done for a purpose. Because when the new stadium is built, the club seat members will be contacted first regarding seating options. 

Just trying to be realistic. I’ve been a ST holder since 2006. My tix prices have more than doubled in that time. And it’s increasing every year. This year my prices raised 6% I believe. Then I did something extremely stupid and moved to the clubs where they doubled again. That’s my fault. But it was done for a purpose. Because when the new stadium is built, the club seat members will be contacted first regarding seating options. 

So you’ll have a choice to make. Accept it 

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

So club seat STH will be given a choice of seating at the new stadium over anyone in the regular seating areas, regardless of seniority?