Bills sign Jamison Crowder

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Somehow i dont think hes going to catch a ton of passes, with all the other talent around him.

with the subtraction of Beasley, Sanders, and Brieda, Bills have 131 catches, 193 targets [30% of total] to replace, so plenty to go around with OJ Howard, Crowder, Duke.  Davis will get some, Diggs probably at saturation level. Be interested if Dorsey has Josh throw more than Daboll did.  Brady threw 73 more times than Josh, but Josh had 84 more rushes

1 hour ago, ExWNYer said:

That will all shake out post draft and over the summer. Only the top 51 salaries count against the salary cap. 1 year at $4 million is a great deal for someone with Crowder's ability, IMO. He is a cheaper, younger, more dynamic slot option than Beasley. I've liked him since he was drafted by Washington.

Top 51 applies only from the opening of the league year through the opening of regular season.  At the beginning of the season all salaries have to fit under the cap.  Clearly, the Bills have plans to do this and are way ahead of any of us fans in terms of how. It just seems wild that the Bills continue to make signings that are relatively large numbers when by their own admission “they are right up against the cap.”

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think they would’ve signed Levi to $4m per year if they weren’t looking to upgrade. 5 years is a long time not to draft a CB in the first 3 rounds.  Not many CB’s remain elite into their 30’s so it would be smart to get another good young one to pair with Tre.  

In regards to Levi, I feel they want a different skill set at cb 2, someone who isn’t as limited physically. However, they don’t have to spend a first round pick to do that, that could come from any round potentially. 

Personally, I’m open to several options with the first pick, but mostly cb, wr, iol are the big three I’d like to see with the first and the remaining two early in the draft. We don’t/shouldn’t need a rookie cb to come in and start week 1, just someone who can be developed and offers more scheme wise than Levi did. Dane and Tre alone could be a perfectly good cb combo, it’s just we need to find a way to hold the fort down until Tre is back. 

What cb’s do you like at pick 25?

44 minutes ago, Greg S said:

With Wallace a Steeler and Tre probably not coming back until Nov I still think they go CB with the 1st pick. I could also see them bringing in a vet on a cheap deal. Right now Dane Jackson is our #1 CB and that has to change. Nothing against him but he isn't a #1 corner. You do make a good point about how the board falls. Usually there are some surprises and that will most likely be the case when the Bills pick.

Yeah no way Dane is a cb 1, at least not at this point of his career. It really does seem like cb is strong candidate for the first pick, but iol could be as well, that’s another position that we are really lacking in, but it all depends on who falls. 

Which cb do you like at 25? 

6 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Some of us were calling out this wacky projection a few weeks back. They compared him to a bunch of younger guys on second contracts coming off career best years when he is 29, looking for a third contact, coming off the second worst career of his year. 

I like Spotrac but some of its projections are a bit wacky. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Some of us were calling out this wacky projection a few weeks back. They compared him to a bunch of younger guys on second contracts coming off career best years when he is 29, looking for a third contact, coming off the second worst career of his year. 

I like Spotrac but some of its projections are a bit wacky. 

12 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

Yeah no way Dane is a cb 1, at least not at this point of his career. It really does seem like cb is strong candidate for the first pick, but iol could be as well, that’s another position that we are really lacking in, but it all depends on who falls. 

Which cb do you like at 25? 

First let me say I am not an expert when it comes to the draft but from what I have read from the so-called "experts" the popular CB picks are Trent McDuffie from Washington and Kaiir Elam from Florida as two options the Bills can take at 25.

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

First let me say I am not an expert when it comes to the draft but from what I have read from the so-called "experts" the popular CB picks are Trent McDuffie from Washington and Kaiir Elam from Florida as two options the Bills can take at 25.

Personally I think Kyler Gordon is better than both. But I think those three all likely to factor into the thinking. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I really like both of those guys too. I also like Gordon, but sounds like he is being projected more early second, so maybe he is a little bit of a reach at 25. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

First thing I thought of when we signed him was all the Edmunds haters will come out and talk about the missed tackle when they were up 21-3.

How can you watch that highlight video as a Bills fan and that not be the first thing you notice?  There is no other highlight in that reel where Crowder breaks tackles except from our pro bowler.  

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

How can you watch that highlight video as a Bills fan and that not be the first thing you notice?  There is no other highlight in that reel where Crowder breaks tackles except from our pro bowler.  

Pretty sure he had a huge shoulder injury but ya it was pathetic tackle I don’t need to watch I remember it clearly 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I didn’t need to watch the highlight to know that play and the Fournette miss because he doesn’t miss a lot of tackles. They stand out.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.