So...where does this money come from for Von???

Hebert19

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hard disagree.  I mean we cleared a lot of cap to make this happen.  And as Allens deal kicks in, we are gonna have to make further adjustments and cuts to deal with the cap.  

So to totally dismiss the cap is foolish.  There is always a way to get a deal done, but consequences come.  Look around the league at teams losing good players because they can’t afford them.

You can only kick the cap can so far down the road.  

Im not against this signing by any means, I’m stoked we got him.  I’m saying that cap management and responsibility structuring deals is still important.

The good news is we have a GM who is a master at this and are in good hands.

Not as much as you'd think. Allen's contract will prove to be a bargain in 3 years time and the cap will be going up an average of $20 million a year for the next 4 years at least with the massive TV deals kicking in.

• Like (+1) 3

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not as much as you'd think. Allen's contract will prove to be a bargain in 3 years time and the cap will be going up an average of $20 million a year for the next 4 years at least with the massive TV deals kicking in.

Indeed. When do they kick in anyway?  Also the influx of the money from gambling deals. 

35 minutes ago, QCity said:

It looks like the penny still hasn't dropped for the "cap doesn't matter" people.

If the cap truly didn't matter, Miller would be playing for the Rams next season under a contract with $53M guaranteed.

The easiest way to view cap space is it’s like a line of credit. You don’t want too much debt that you’re unable to pay it off. The Bills were in position to push money into the future. 

6 hours ago, Locomark said:

From the money we aren’t paying for Sabres salaries…..

The two have nothing to do with each other. Sabres have a ton of prospects developing and there is good reason for excitement finally.

• Agree 1

My guess is that we haven't heard about a couple restructures or extensions (Allen, Diggs, Dawkins, White, etc.)

It's also possible that Miller's first year cap hit is extremely low, then skyrockets over the next two seasons.

Without those two things, I don't think the Bills would have been compliant with the start of free agency.

The bigger question is what this means going forward...

Two guys that may be heavily impacted are Tremaine Edmunds and Dawson Knox.  Both are set to be free agents next season, and it may be difficult to get both under the cap.

9 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

My guess is that we haven't heard about a couple restructures or extensions (Allen, Diggs, Dawkins, White, etc.)

It's also possible that Miller's first year cap hit is extremely low, then skyrockets over the next two seasons.

Without those two things, I don't think the Bills would have been compliant with the start of free agency.

The bigger question is what this means going forward...

Two guys that may be heavily impacted are Tremaine Edmunds and Dawson Knox.  Both are set to be free agents next season, and it may be difficult to get both under the cap.

The Bills are currently 45 under the cap for next season.(prior to Von Miller signing.)

They will free up more money if needed. Just stop worrying about it so damn much. 

11 hours ago, JimBob2232 said:

just dont want us to get in cap jail in a couple years.  as long as were managing that - im good.

If the Bills win a Super Bowl in the next couple of years, a short stint in cap jail will be worth it -- that's assuming they get caught.  Teams like the Pats, Chiefs, Steelers, and Ravens among others are always contenders, so the cap can be managed.   It's all about giving the big contracts to the right players at key positions and filling other positions with younger, cheaper players mostly acquired through the draft.

Of course, having an elite QB sure helps.

After watching the Saints and KC run their numbers voodoo I don't worry too much but especially after seeing GB play their game with Rodgers the obvious answer is you can keep putting off that bill for at least a decade so long as the cap keeps rising.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.