Baker Mayfield says goodbye to Cleveland (update - Traded to Panthers)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree with all of that except for hanging on to him until someone goes down in TC, presumably to help with the trade value. They really cannot have him around the team or have him co-existing with deshaun. He needs to be dealt by the time the team starts up OTAs. 

Watson may start the season on suspension

2 hours ago, Malazan said:

Ding Ding. Ding. Go look at the Jets and Dolphins forums. Watson shouldn't be allowed in the league and should be in jail. Everyone should quit being fans of the browns..

..then Tyreek "beats children" Hill is a possibility and "It wasn't that bad." and "He's serving probation so he's paid the price already".

Well, the Jets until he chose the Dolphins then it was "I'm glad. He's not that good and I didn't want to have to cheer for him."

Yup.  Roethlisberger soon will be honored with a HOF gold jacket.  Multiple accusations of flat out rape seem a distant memory.  Not many Steelers fans seemed to have minded.  Ray Lewis’s involvement in a double murder was gave way to his “redemption” story, complete with his hands folded in prayer on an SI cover.

Bills fans aren’t immune to this either.  The majority here want OJ Simpson’s name to remain on the the Bills Wall of Fame.  Jim Kelly remains a fan favorite and is the most beloved former Bills QB.  His repeated physical abuse of his wife and infidelity don’t seem to bother most fans.

Obviously every fan is free to make up their own mind about such things and set their own limits, but some should take a look in the mirror before getting up on their high horse.  I will leave this discussion there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Jim Kelly remains a fan favorite and is the most beloved former Bills QB.  His repeated physical abuse of his wife and infidelity don’t seem to bother most fans.

You have documented knowledge of this you'd like to share? The Kelly's marriage seems to be as strong as ever. 

How is it any of your business anyway? Nothing in court, nothing outside their home. Mind your own damn business. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

You have documented knowledge of this you'd like to share? The Kelly's marriage seems to be as strong as ever. 

How is it any of your business anyway? Nothing in court, nothing outside their home. Mind your own damn business. 

You just proved his point. Fans will gladly turn a blind eye to bad behavior even if they know it's wrong

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Jim admitted to the infidelity. 

13 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Guy should be allowed to beat his wife inside his castle, right?

No court, no foul.  Who cares!

Good points...

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Good points...

I think there’s a difference between a murderer, co conspirator to murder, rapist, sexual assaulter and what a man and woman dealing with infidelity in their own marriage. No one is perfect to be sure but there is a difference and if you can’t see that I can’t help you. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I think there’s a difference between a murderer, co conspirator to murder, rapist, sexual assaulter and what a man and woman dealing with infidelity in their own marriage. No one is perfect to be sure but there is a difference and if you can’t see that I can’t help you. 

Maybe you should read the post I was responding to.  

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Good points...

Not what I am saying at all. But you be you and cast the first stone. 

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Jim admitted to the infidelity. 

Sure. But that's between him and his wife and is being compared to murder. 

Edited by Bob Chandler's Hands

10 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Sure. But that's between him and his wife and is being compared to murder. 

Didn’t see the murder comparison, and that would be silly.  Just saying he cheated on Jill. But no idea about domestic abuse.

20 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Is he still a Cleveland Brown?  Any recent trade rumors?

From SI:

www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/23/mailbag-ryan-tannehill-time-up-tennessee-titans

So I’m not sure who’s willing to take on a player who was overdrafted but still carries himself like a superstar, and is making that kind of money. While Carolina, on paper, might make sense, the Panthers sort of did the same thing last year in acquiring Sam Darnold, and are already depleted of picks to deal as a result of it. Seattle could do it, and maybe throw Mayfield into a competition with Drew Lock, which would be kinda fun.

And if those two don’t dive in? It’s hard to find a match for Mayfield.

Hard to find anyone willing to take a chance.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Off the wall idea, what if Mayfield came here for a year as backup?  You know, trying to Trubisky up his career?  If he actually wanted to, and was willing to take a Trubisky contract, would you want/take him?

too late that ship has sailed...   We have our backups locked up, and Baker will not be released.

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Off the wall idea, what if Mayfield came here for a year as backup?  You know, trying to Trubisky up his career?  If he actually wanted to, and was willing to take a Trubisky contract, would you want/take him?

You do realize the Bills have already signed Baker’s backup and Barkley, right?

I realize that, and know it would never happen.  I tried to hint on that with the whole off the wall comment.  Suppose I should have said something like purely hypothetical or such.  Figured it would be fun to get people's opinions.  Not sure everyone here would actually want him in favor of our other QBs, so I said it simply for speculation.

On 3/24/2022 at 1:55 PM, Malazan said:

Ding Ding. Ding. Go look at the Jets and Dolphins forums. Watson shouldn't be allowed in the league and should be in jail. Everyone should quit being fans of the browns..

..then Tyreek "beats children" Hill is a possibility and "It wasn't that bad." and "He's serving probation so he's paid the price already".

Well, the Jets until he chose the Dolphins then it was "I'm glad. He's not that good and I didn't want to have to cheer for him."

Yeah...crazy fandom. I am afraid we would do the same thing.

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.