Amari Cooper traded to Browns

BillsMafi$

2 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Browns every offseason focus on bringing in Receiver after Receiver , yet it always just seems to me that it becomes more evident they need to move on from Baker. 

We have brought in new receivers every year, should we move on from Josh?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Three other teams supposedly interested yet he goes for a 5th…

BS..

Once again, the more contract the team takes on the lower the compensation. And they knew he was going to be cut.Dallas had no leverage 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

But with a $20M base salary!!! It’s just an insane contract for what we know his production is going to be (50ish catches; 700ish yards). 

While I agree, they basically gave up nothing for him, so we are just talking a percentage of the salary cap...And I wouldn’t be surprised if they can get out of it after this year, if they wanted to...

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Oh absolutely agree for the Bills it didn’t make much sense. For the Browns, it makes complete sense.

Yeah never argued it didn’t. I only objected to the Bills trading for him, I don’t care what the Brownies do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

We have brought in new receivers every year, should we move on from Josh?

Surely you understand what the poster is saying, no?

Look at the years WR’s have with Allen vs the years WR’s have with Baker. 

Allen elevates everyone he plays with.  

Baker, the opposite.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

While I agree, they basically gave up nothing for him, so we are just talking a percentage of the salary cap...And I wouldn’t be surprised if they can get out of it after this year, if they wanted to...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/amari-cooper-16728/

22 million dead cap the next 3 years. This is a stupid deal for the browns

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

But with a $20M base salary!!! It’s just an insane contract for what we know his production is going to be (50ish catches; 700ish yards). 

Cooper is closer to the 92 rec 1100+ yard guy he was in 2020 than this past year, which was turbulent in Dallas.

He certainly won't be posting big numbers with Baker as his QB.

10 minutes ago, Process said:

Kirk is reportedly gona get $15M a year and Williams just signed for $20M. Doesn't look AS bad when you consider that.

When the contract was given it was awful, but the remaining contract doesn't look as bad now.

I see where the confusion is - that statement was made only in regard to the Bills. I agree, Cooper’s contract relative to his peers isn’t ridiculous so if a team can afford it, good luck! I only questioned the Bills interest.

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This is so dumb. Cooper is not that good, especially at that contract. Browns would be better off using a first round pick on a receiver. 

They still could and should. They have nobody outside of Cooper.

• BillsMafi$ changed the title to Amari Cooper traded to Browns
5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Surely you understand what the poster is saying, no?

Look at the years WR’s have with Allen vs the years WR’s have with Baker. 

Allen elevates everyone he plays with.  

Baker, the opposite.  

It was just a bad point.

Baker had a down year last year but is effectively on a 1 year deal this year. If he bounces back, you could do a lot worse than Baker. Bills fans should know this.

Edited by FireChans

Salary aside, I like Cooper on a team with a lead dog.  He’s a 1b, not a 1a in my opinion.  

Better than a #2 WR, but not close to the Hop, Diggs, Hill, DK, Kupp etc realm.  

If a team like the Bills could make it a fit, he’d light it up.   But going to a run heavy team with a sus QB… screams to me that Cle desperately needs to know if Baker is the guy and a $20M per Cooper is the best they can give him, knowing WR FA’s aren’t going there.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.