Max Borghi - WSU RB highlights

Teddy KGB

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

And we would also benefit from using that same pick on an offensive lineman that can block for our transcendent QB as well as our RBs.  Any 1st rd pick at any position should benefit our team…..

Do you think that Josh was our leading ground gainer because Singletary isn’t good enough to be?  Our OL couldn’t run block for **** for the first 2/3 of the year. That’s why he was our leading ground gainer (mixed with the fact that we used a 3rd rd pick on Moss and hadn’t given up on him.  We had a Rb by committee backfield).

I don’t think there’s any chance we use our 1st rd pick on a RB this year.   

najee average 3.9 ypc.  motor 4.6.  Why?  Because the Steelers OL sucks.  Ours will do if we continue to bandaid it

Najee still impacted games!! Motor did not. Defenses game planned for Najee. KC was able to help their line in the 5th rd. This draft is deep with offensive linemen. Not so in game changing RBs

Edited by Solomon Grundy

9 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

I don’t hate it 🤷🏼‍♂️

Unless 5th round and up this would be a terrible pick because of all the available top speed RB's in this draft.  

7 hours ago, Rigotz said:

So.... who do you put in on 4th and 3? This guy or Devin Singletary? 

He's 5'9' 210 and has "moments of passivity when headed between tackles while tapping brakes into traffic"

I don't understand what traits this guy brings that we don't already have. We need the fastest RB in the draft or a guy that can break tackles consistently and Borghi is neither.

This would be another wasted pick,  no thanks plenty of 4.4-4.3 guys in this draft.  I don't care about his quickness and making guys miss,  this NFL and you need to either run over or run by guys.

• Vomit 1

Last thing the Bills need to do is waste another pick in their top 3-4 on a RB,  this guy would not push Singletary and most likely plays special teams. I told never to stay away from Cody Ford and not buy the hype on him and Bills went ahead passed a superstar Metcalf who has world class speed for Cody who may not even be on this team this season. There was to many very fast 4.3-4.4  guys in this draft and that is what this team needs to add this offseason to the RB position.

• Vomit 1

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Najee still impacted games!! Motor did not. Defenses game planned for Najee. KC was able to help their line in the 5th rd. This draft is deep with offensive linemen. Not so in game changing RBs

Bro…..you’re better than this. 

11 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

This guy would be great for our offense!  I doubt Beane would do it , but a guy can dream!  He makes his own holes compared to Borghi who was running thru massive holes or catching passes in the flat.  Huge difference in burst and quickness between the two. Borghi will struggle imho in the NFL but may have a role as a third down back, whereas Hall has bona fide NFL speed and is a three down back. I heard some draft Guys and people on NFL network saying he would be great for the dolphins at the bottom of the first round  ( Baldinger really liked him there and thought he helped himself at the combine tremendously but also had great film) .  This would be a huge talent to put  with Josh, and have motor as his backup and moss just for insurance.  

It’s been a huge missing piece , and so many great qbs have been derailed getting a Lombardi by lacking a supporting running game, as we all know the history of Elway, Marino, and Manning when they lacked run support. We don’t need to take the crucial Carrie’s from Josh or minimize our passing game , we just need an EFFECTIVE threat and this guy looks like he can pick up yards despite backfield contact and has big play speed for the short passing game.   Thx for posting that ; we need offensive speed and our cb/ dl needs can be met in FA and later rounds, as can wr depth which is deep in the draft.  Not too many backs with that speed and power and I wish Beane would quit trying. to just make do at the Rb position. and help protect his best investment , Josh. He has underperformed getting talent there as well as the DL so far A good back can make an o line look a lot better as well 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, DrPJax said:

This guy would be great for our offense!  I doubt Beane would do it , but a guy can dream!  He makes his own holes compared to Borghi who was running thru massive holes or catching passes in the flat.  Huge difference in burst and quickness between the two. Borghi will struggle imho in the NFL but may have a role as a third down back, whereas Hall has bona fide NFL speed and is a three down back. I heard some draft Guys and people on NFL network saying he would be great for the dolphins at the bottom of the first round  ( Baldinger really liked him there and thought he helped himself at the combine tremendously but also had great film) .  This would be a huge talent to put  with Josh, and have motor as his backup and moss just for insurance.  

It’s been a huge missing piece , and so many great qbs have been derailed getting a Lombardi by lacking a supporting running game, as we all know the history of Elway, Marino, and Manning when they lacked run support. We don’t need to take the crucial Carrie’s from Josh or minimize our passing game , we just need an EFFECTIVE threat and this guy looks like he can pick up yards despite backfield contact and has big play speed for the short passing game.   Thx for posting that ; we need offensive speed and our cb/ dl needs can be met in FA and later rounds, as can wr depth which is deep in the draft.  Not too many backs with that speed and power and I wish Beane would quit trying. to just make do at the Rb position. and help protect his best investment , Josh. He has underperformed getting talent there as well as the DL so far A good back can make an o line look a lot better as well 

Hall’s vision is next level ability. He’s got the speed to go

with that vision as well. Would totally be fine using our 2nd round pick on him. I wouldn’t even be mad if we took him at 25, considering he’s better than Etienne IMO. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Governor said:

He’s got pretty quick feet and acceleration and can catch. 

This is exactly him. Nearly 5’10”, 210 lbs. Great vision, patient and can catch. Ability to make people miss. His acceleration is noticeable, not a 4.4 guy, but gets up to full speed relatively fast….   

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

Bro…..you’re better than this. 

Am I lying??

13 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Read it and weep @NewEra

15 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Am I lying??

You really want to use KC as an example?  The team that used their first rd pick to trade for an OT….AND used their 2nd rd pick on a C……AND by making an OG the highest paid OG in the league.  The team that used a 1st rd pick on a Rb and 💯 regrets that move…..But let’s just mention the one guy who happened to slip in the draft.  

You said Motor didn’t impact games…. You must’ve missed week 14 on.  He played very well and most definitely impacted games.  

you want a stud RB in a league where stud running backs never win Super Bowls.  
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/history-shows-high-priced-running-backs-may-not-be-a-part-of-super-bowl-winning-formula/amp/

Look at the running backs that were good enough to win the super bowl.  Strange?   Not really.  

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

This is exactly him. Nearly 5’10”, 210 lbs. Great vision, patient and can catch. Ability to make people miss. His acceleration is noticeable, not a 4.4 guy, but gets up to full speed relatively fast….   

We are missing these skills. It takes Motor 2 full Mississippi’s after he makes the catch to turn and start going downfield.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/11/2022 at 9:14 AM, Teddy KGB said:

I don’t hate it 🤷🏼‍♂️

MCM light

On 3/11/2022 at 11:42 AM, DJB said:

I like him but too similar to Devin. 

We need a 3 down horse with size and speed. A complete back. 

The days of The work horse back are over, but if we can get a shifty player that can be effective catching the ball and some runs we will be just fine with Singletary, Moss and Borghi.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

CMC light. I remember hearing a story this CFB season about how he works out and trains with CMC. Was recruited to Stanford as well but chose Washington because he wanted to pave his own path. 

If we can get him a little later i’d be ok with this but i’m hoping he can be had in the 3rd or later. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.