Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I want no part of paying Jc Jackson what he’s going to get paid.  Oh HELL NO

would love Scherf but I think he’ll be the highest paid OG and it might be too rich for the length of the deal. Jones might do a 1-2 year deal.  

Jackson blows.

Allen Robinson.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Chandler Jones, JC Jackson, or Scherf are the only FAs im down for with splash $

Jones, yes please.

The other two, ew. 

You don't pay a guard $15M or whatever he's gonna get when Josh Allen is your QB and you are paying him $45M a year.

And Jackson... have you not watched our games vs the pats the past two years. Plus, we already have one of the most expensive secondaries in the league, zero chance we sign a big money CB. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Eh, I’d pass on Robinson too considering what he’s going to get paid.  I think he goes back to jax.

Robinson if healthy makes this offense un stop a bull.  I agree he will probably be too expensive but there is a slim chance the market is soft and/or he prioritizes winning over $.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

No player mentioned. Just speculating that they make a big move to keep fans happy because they are going to have to pay for a new stadium. 

Terrible speculation.  If the Bills did make a “splash” I believe it would be for football reasons. To link it to the public bill for the stadium makes no sense.  State residents outside Western NY get no benefit from a splash signing and they’re kicking in on that stadium too.

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

which is just not true.

not this year or the previous year because the Sabres have sucked the life out of everyone.

but before then there was. I knew 3-4 people who had both, and i can be the only one.  

I feel like she would know - and is talking about right now in that quote 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So Brown is saying the  Pegulas think a splash signing/shiny object will distract paying fans from the huge bill about to come due?  

That's pretty depressing for the fanbase to hear...

ESPN reporter stated that’s what some around the combine are thinking.  Brown just added his opinion about that observation.

Edited by purple haze

3 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Sure, but it doesn't change that most of the time the Pegulas are out of touch with everything they do and the Buffalo community.

See Kim Pegulas latest interview.  When she harps  on people are "not fans of Both buffalo sports teams, its one or the other"

She was speaking specifically about season ticket holders of the two teams; they don’t see a lot of crossover between them.   That was the context behind her comments.

Any fool knows both teams share fans in general.

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

let me know how you feel when the new ticket prices are announced along with $4-6K PSLs. 

The Bills will still have among the cheapest tickets in the league.   Come to L.A. and see what it costs you to sit in the nosebleeds;  you would be able to go to 2-3 Bills games  and sit in the lower bowl.  Bills fans are spoiled to death.  Be grateful.

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

pretty sad if true

If Beane makes a move it will be a legit move.  Not because of the stadium.  Bills are on the doorstep of a championship.  If there were ever a time a big swing at an impact position would make sense it is now.   I doubt what others would consider a big swing happens in FA though.  A trade in the other hand I can see as a possibility.

Edited by purple haze

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

If that's the reason they made a splash move that'd be so dumb, fans would care more about the team remaining good than a splashy move at the time you're announcing the stadium deal. The fans are going to feel the costs of the deal down the road the team still needs to be good then.

Which is why it's great.. gets thad a bunch of attention because he knows people will put their brains on hold and tee off on the Pegulas. 

3 hours ago, Process said:

The TOTAL cost of a state of the art, glass domed stadium smack dab in the middle of downtown Minneapolis cost $1.05B.

They are about to announce that NYS taxpayers are going to pay $850M+ for an open air stadium in the middle of god dang nowhere. 

Yea, they could use some good PR this off-season.

How may years ago was that????

What would be a big splash though? I want Brandon Scherff. That ain’t selling tickets. A Mack trade would make a ton of sense locally with the UB connects.  McCaffrey? He crushes it in jersey sales etc and would be a great fit with Josh. I guess Gronk maybe. Outside of that, I am bot sure there is a big splash that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Why?  If it adds talent (like, say, a premier defensive player), what's the problem?

I think it would be pretty sad if our owner is telling our GM to make a splashy move to appease the fans.  You think that’s a good strategy?

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think it would be pretty sad if our owner is telling our GM to make a splashy move to appease the fans.  You think that’s a good strategy?

Even if I were to believe the rumors, again, if it gets them a good player, why not?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.