Who will be the #1 pick in the draft?

YoloinOhio

With the 1st pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the <Jacksonville Jaguars or TBD> select…  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the #1 overall pick in 2022?

• Oregon DE Kayvon Thibodeaux
    • Michigan DE Aidan Hutchinson
    • Liberty QB Malik Willis (if traded to a QB needy team)
    • Alabama OT Evan Neal
    • Other - Yolo is stupid and isn’t paying attention to the top prospects because Bills are picking 25
    • UGA DE Travon Walker

This is NOT my area of expertise (I’m still searching for that), but the one I watched and focused on was Evan Neal. Mostly because ‘Bama is always on TV, but also because it was somewhat amusing watching him out there. A guy big enough to make the rest of the Alabama team and the rest of the SEC look like the JV is fascinating to me. 

I’ll read to see what the rest have to say, but Neal just jumps off the screen because of his size. He always looked solid when I watched, but I have no idea how he compares to the others in terms of talent and value. 

I think the Jags franchised their LT last year. They could get both better and cheaper with Neal. I know protecting their QB seems like a nice plan before he gets ruined or killed. Rough rookie year for Trevor. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

I think Evan Neal is the safe pick to protect Trevor Lawrence.

I feel like this draft teams are going to be desperate to trade down. 

There's not as much top-end talent, but good depth at a lot of positions. The fact that some players aren't participating in the combine also makes it harder to assess talent. 

If we find a trade partner, I think that we could trade from #25 to the top of the 2nd round and still get Jameson Williams, plus a 3rd and 4th pick to give us depth at guard and cb.

Edited by Allen2Diggs

At this point in the voting I stand alone in this thought but I think there is a 50/50 chance for a trade and Willis goes first. Hard to imagine the overall #1 pick being used on a position other than QB these days.

I do agree with the second most popular choice that if the pick is not a QB then logically DE makes the most sense in terms of positions selected at the top of the draft.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.