Giants get

2023 2nd + 5th

2022 6th

Zach Moss

AJ Epenesa

Bills get

#36 - select RB Breece Hall

CB James Bradberry restructure/extended

So we're going to pay what we're paying Diggs and then pay Samuel the same if not more? I'm not even going to get into the idea that Hodgins (a guy we released and sat on the PS to be signed at any point) and Stevenson (who will most likely be doing the same this season) would be trade bait. Also pay Tre what we're paying him and sign Bradberry to what he's going to want long term? 

HA!!!

Edited by BillsFanForever19

NFL Mock Draft Database. 

Wanted speed/size/versatility. 

25. C. Watson WR ND State 

57. T. Woolen CB UTSA 

89. B. Smith LB Penn State 

130. A. Barno Edge V-Tech 

168. K. Barnes CB Baylor 

185. L. Bruss OL Wisconsin 

203. J. Thompson CB/S Texas 

231. N. Ford OL(all 5 positions) Utah 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

NFL Mock Draft Database. 

Wanted speed/size/versatility. 

25. C. Watson WR ND State 

57. T. Woolen CB UTSA 

89. B. Smith LB Penn State 

130. A. Barno Edge V-Tech 

168. K. Barnes CB Baylor 

185. L. Bruss OL Wisconsin 

203. J. Thompson CB/S Texas 

231. N. Ford OL(all 5 positions) Utah 

Extra points for taking the "Barn-burners" back-to-back.......and for not taking a RB at all. ;)

6 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Another draft with some trades (we can't be taking 8 players in this draft)

image.thumb.png.180276d0c913c9585169c4905da11d6b.png

There are plenty of roster spots up for grabs..........the right mix of 7-9 rookies could make the Bills 53 this time around...........the team is clearly not as deep with proven talent as it was last spring.    Especially on the OL and at WR.   One each might not do it.

25: R1 P25 CB Andrew Booth Jr. - Clemson

57: R2 P25 S Lewis Cine - Georgia

89: R3 P25 LB Troy Andersen - Montana State

130: R4 P25 RB Hassan Haskins - Michigan

168: R5 P25 G Joshua Ezeudu - North Carolina

185: R6 P6 WR Kyle Philips - UCLA

203: R6 P24 G Cade Mays - Tennessee

231: R7 P10 CB Kalon Barnes - Baylor

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Traded back a couple times to grab some Xtra picks in the middle rounds. Taking advantage of the depth and quality of this draft. Two guards, one starter one developmental. Backups at both linebacker positions with talent. Couple corners with size and ability. Or next slot receiver. A running back that was recommended and a developmental QB to back up Josh.

Kenyon Green

OG Texas A&M

Troy Andersen

LB Montana State

Brian Asamoah II

LB Oklahoma

Lecitus Smith

OG Virginia Tech

Zyon McCollum

CB Sam Houston State

Khalil Shakir

WR Boise State

Akayleb Evans

CB Missouri

Zaquandre White

RB South Carolina

Jack Coan

QB Notre Dame

I'll just post a mock here and there.

In this version, Jameson Williams dropped all the way to 25.  No brainer.

Addressed CB in round 2 and Interior OL in round 3

Grabbed a TE that would have likely gone much higher if not for an ACL injury.  Can develop behind two current starters.

Added another physical corner for depth.

The DL Brooks was BPA 

Added the "everything player; RB/FB, TE, KR etc..." and my fav "hidden gem" Connor Heyward:  When have you seen a fullback/TE hybrid return kicks....

Teammate Nailor adds another developmental WR to the roster.

1594699419_ScreenShot2022-04-20at12_51_19PM.thumb.png.aacbb698163cf2f26e348ba8e9d9b064.png

Edited by Yantha
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Thanks! I feel the Need for Speed..😁

I like Zander Horvath a UDFA. Don't think we need a RB this year.🤔

In general this should be one of the most successful UDFA classes ever.

Tons of late draftable players who will not be drafted.........and quite a few RB's like Horvath with a chance to earn a spot.  

This draft gets knocked for the lack of 1st round grades but there is a lot of depth at non-premium positions in particular........so if you are a GM who plays the percentages it's a good draft to avoid them early.

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In general this should be one of the most successful UDFA classes ever.

Tons of late draftable players who will not be drafted.........and quite a few RB's like Horvath with a chance to earn a spot.  

This draft gets knocked for the lack of 1st round grades but there is a lot of depth at non-premium positions in particular........so if you are a GM who plays the percentages it's a good draft to avoid them early.

Agreed. I go back and forth on using later round picks to move around the board due to the UDFA's, but some really good late rounders will also be available. Really wish they would have expanded the number of PS players and roster spots by a few players.

Middle rounds look like the sweet spot though.

As you said with the lack of 1st round grades and the number of players available, I think a lot of teams will be looking to trade down. Will be interesting if premiums will be paid or if discounts will be had.

One more week and we will either be happy or whining (hopefully HAPPY...)!😁

• Like (+1) 1

25: R1 P25 WR Jahan Dotson - Penn State

57: R2 P25 S Jaquan Brisker - Penn State

89: R3 P25 LB Troy Andersen - Montana State

130: R4 P25 RB Hassan Haskins - Michigan

168: R5 P25 CB Jaylen Watson - Washington State

185: R6 P6 C Nick Ford - Utah

203: R6 P24 G Lecitus Smith - Virginia Tech

231: R7 P10 CB Kalon Barnes - Baylor

23 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There are plenty of roster spots up for grabs..........the right mix of 7-9 rookies could make the Bills 53 this time around...........the team is clearly not as deep with proven talent as it was last spring.    Especially on the OL and at WR.   One each might not do it.

since you brought it up, I'll have to re-visit the roster spots. Certainly doesn't feel to me like there's more than 6 or so spots that could be made. Although punter is a bonus.

21 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

since you brought it up, I'll have to re-visit the roster spots. Certainly doesn't feel to me like there's more than 6 or so spots that could be made. Although punter is a bonus.

Number 3 tight end, one, maybe two IOL spots. Number 4 or 5 wide receiver, could always use more Dline, backup MLB, 1 or 2 CB’s, safety to replace Poyer next year, punter. Competition is a great thing to have on an NFL roster.

2 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Number 3 tight end, one, maybe two IOL spots. Number 4 or 5 wide receiver, could always use more Dline, backup MLB, 1 or 2 CB’s, safety to replace Poyer next year, punter. Competition is a great thing to have on an NFL roster.

For sure! I presume there will still be a cheap FA signing or 2 as well. I don't think Beane is done at corner yet leading into the draft for example.

LOL as I say this - "Bills sign OL David Quessenberry"

Edited by 34-78-83
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Look at the backup OL for instance.

Any of the entire backup squad of Doyle, Ford or Mancz could easily prove unworthy of a roster spot at all.    Ike Boettger is back under contract but a torn achilles for an OL makes him nothing more than a flyer at this point.

That was less the case last year with the more optimistically perceived Cody Ford, a healthy Ike Boettger and of course the long tenured Bates as a versatile backup.

The outlook going into the draft was more promising THEN.......and they still added 2 rookie OL to their 53.

I can easily see them having 2 rookies on the OL again.   A 3rd isn't totally out of the possibility assuming they keep 9.

• Like (+1) 1

Trent McDuffie

CB Washington

Christian Watson

WR North Dakota State

Skyy Moore

WR Western Michigan

Coby Bryant

CB Cincinnati

JoJo Domann

LB Nebraska

Thayer Munford

OG Ohio State

Tyler Goodson

RB Iowa

Jack Coan

QB Notre Dame

• Like (+1) 1

Round: 1

Jahan Dotson

WR | Penn State

Round: 2

Breece Hall

RB | Iowa State

Round: 3

Chad Muma

LB | Wyoming

Round: 4

Akayleb Evans

CB | Missouri

Round: 5

Kalon Barnes

CB | Baylor

Round: 6

Andrew Stueber

OT | Michigan

Round: 6

Amare Barno

EDGE | Virginia Tech

Round: 7

Matt Araiza

P | San Diego State

Here is my take on the Bills' position groups going into the draft and whether or not we can roster players at those positions.

QB: 100% set.

RB/FB: Room to draft a stud RB. If not, Singletary, Johnson, and Moss will be fine.

TE: Arguably room to draft two and stash one as there are no TEs signed for next year.

WR: Room for a backup/future starter, but how much will he realistically play with Diggs, Davis, Crowder, and McKenzie getting all the reps AND the Bills likely using more two-TE sets? Also room for depth.

OL: 100% set. Can't roster anyone without cutting valuable depth.

P: Need to draft one.

K: 100% set.

LS: 100% set.

DE: 100% set.

DT: 100% set.

LB: 100% set, unless you want to move on from Edmunds next year (even if so, you can worry about that next year).

CB: Glaring need for one, if not two, outside corners.

S: 100% set, unless you want to move on from Poyer.

So if I'm the Bills, I put together a draft that looks something like this:

Screenshot_20220421-172923_Chrome.jpg

11 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Here is my take on the Bills' position groups going into the draft and whether or not we can roster players at those positions.

QB: 100% set.

RB/FB: Room to draft a stud RB. If not, Singletary, Johnson, and Moss will be fine.

TE: Arguably room to draft two and stash one as there are no TEs signed for next year.

WR: Room for a backup/future starter, but how much will he realistically play with Diggs, Davis, Crowder, and McKenzie getting all the reps AND the Bills likely using more two-TE sets? Also room for depth.

OL: 100% set. Can't roster anyone without cutting valuable depth.

P: Need to draft one.

K: 100% set.

LS: 100% set.

DE: 100% set.

DT: 100% set.

LB: 100% set, unless you want to move on from Edmunds next year (even if so, you can worry about that next year).

CB: Glaring need for one, if not two, outside corners.

S: 100% set, unless you want to move on from Poyer.

So if I'm the Bills, I put together a draft that looks something like this:

Screenshot_20220421-172923_Chrome.jpg

I agree with your premise and good work on the front end. But then you drafted a hybrid safety/nickelback in Hill and a nickel whose value is as a return guy in Jones. So you still need two outside corners. 🤷‍♂️

I guess some analysts feel that Hill could play outside, but its a projection.  I would love Jones as a return guy and back up nickel. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Look at the backup OL for instance.

Any of the entire backup squad of Doyle, Ford or Mancz could easily prove unworthy of a roster spot at all.    Ike Boettger is back under contract but a torn achilles for an OL makes him nothing more than a flyer at this point.

That was less the case last year with the more optimistically perceived Cody Ford, a healthy Ike Boettger and of course the long tenured Bates as a versatile backup.

The outlook going into the draft was more promising THEN.......and they still added 2 rookie OL to their 53.

I can easily see them having 2 rookies on the OL again.   A 3rd isn't totally out of the possibility assuming they keep 9.

They have added Quessenberry as well now which I think was a good move. I think he is more a "good backup" than a guy I'd want to be relying on to start a lot... but I think he can play both tackle spots better than anyone else they had in their backup cluster. But I would still expect minimum 1 and possibly 2 OL somewhere. 

They actually drafted 3 last year don't forget. Lost Jack Anderson to the Eagles off the PS. He actually got on the field for them in a couple of games at the end of the year and in limited sample size looked okay. The Eagles fans are talking about him as potentially their top swing interior backup for next season. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I agree with your premise and good work on the front end. But then you drafted a hybrid safety/nickelback in Hill and a nickel whose value is as a return guy in Jones. So you still need two outside corners. 🤷‍♂️

I guess some analysts feel that Hill could play outside, but its a projection.  I would love Jones as a return guy and back up nickel. 

Yeah, Marino is high on Hill as an outside corner.

I drafted Jones on day 3 as a return solution as we really have no sure thing there right now and he's probably an upgrade to Cam Lewis as a slot backup. There's even been some speculation that Taron Johnson might go outside.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yeah, Marino is high on Hill as an outside corner.

I think from what I have heard Joe say on Hill he likes him as a versatile defensive back who you can use as a matchup piece and in that context can play on the outside. I don't think he is advocating a team draft him and just pencil him in as a full time outside corner. 

Judging from the various Mock Draft sites, to get a "top tier" CB, the Bills will need to use their 1st round pick. They'll be gone by the time #57 comes in the 2nd round. 

1st round - CB

2nd round - OL

3rd round - RB or LB

4th round - RB or LB

For the most part, CB is the only immediate need. WR depth has Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Kumerow. OL has plenty, but we need to rotate out the old stock with the new in this draft, so to speak. Same with pretty much every other position. I'm sure Beane is using that approach, and we are in a position to draft the best available player, AFTER a CB is taken with the first Bills pick. 

Top corners and actual first-round-graded players drafted already when we picked at 25.

Traded down and got two extra second rounders this year and gave up a 6th rounder this year and 4th next.

CB Hill was the first pick, and I nabbed Brisker as INSURANCE/LEVERAGE with the Poyer situation.

LB Chenal was a good value at 57

Didn't plan on taking two WR's back to back but that's what the board produced.  Metchie can stretch the field, while Phillips adds slot competition

Went OG in the 5th

NT in the 6th

Closed it out with a TE/FB/KR hybrid player (and personal late pick "hope")

1210334869_ScreenShot2022-04-22at1_21_00PM.thumb.png.243473a2dbf3131fe3215e8562eff23c.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.