Bills interested in signing Rob Gronkowski, per Tim Graham

HappyDays

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well those weren't the terms of his suspension Bongo........you can't re-litigate it now.........there was nothing about prohibiting him from ever playing for his hometown team and Beane already attempted to sign him last winter..........so they already went to your "fair enough" point last offseason.

People are free to be all up in their feels about it.........didn't say they weren't..........there is just nothing to gain whatsoever from holding onto it............but like I said,  it's been amusing.  :lol:

But what you are failing to understand is that my desire, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with his suspension or his treatment by the NFL. It has to do with my own personal thoughts and opinions of him. I could care less what judgement from the NFL is.

You are approaching this as “he’s done his time”. I’m approaching this as “he’s shown his character”. Fine. Again, you have your opinion and I have mine. Maybe you are right. Maybe I am. But that doesn’t mean I have tell you you are shallow or arrogant just because you have a different opinion. But you sure seem to feel the need to insult everybody who disagrees with you. 

😉😁👍🙂 (apparently obligatory use of emojis to degrade you because you have a different opinion) 

I’m now going to one up you with “nana nana boo boo” 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Bongo said:

But what you are failing to understand is that my desire, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with his suspension or his treatment by the NFL. It has to do with my own personal thoughts and opinions of him. I could care less what judgement from the NFL is.

You are approaching this as “he’s done his time”. I’m approaching this as “he’s shown his character”. Fine. Again, you have your opinion and I have mine. Maybe you are right. Maybe I am. But that doesn’t mean I have tell you you are shallow or arrogant just because you have a different opinion. But you sure seem to feel the need to insult everybody who disagrees with you. 

😉😁👍🙂 (apparently obligatory use of emojis to degrade you because you have a different opinion) 

I’m now going to one up you with “nana nana boo boo” 

not singling you out but for the anti gronk crowd… 

will you be judging beane for the move?

mad at tre if he’s buried the hatchet fully?

dusappointed in josh if he does 9 touchdown celebrations with him?

turn your back to his super bowl float?

or is it more of an “I don’t actually care but want to be as purebred Buffalo as possible” in the off-season?

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

You can feel however you want about Gronkosky, and his behavior. 

But, you really can't blame people who are both fans of the game, and fans of the Bills for disliking a guy who took one of the cheapest, and dangerous after-the-whistle shots at a player as beloved as Tre White. Nonsense? If you're going to say that "It's laughable the lengths people go to be mad at Gronk," I might suggest that it's laughable the lengths you are going to excuse his behavior. "Heat of the moment mistake...???"  Watch the clip again. A "heat of the moment mistake" would imply that it wasn't an intentional attempt to cause injury to a player, with malice, who was face down on the ground, after the play.  Which it clearly was.

What is nonsense is your snarky, blithe insults of anyone who disagrees with your position, and your straw-man arguments about Cronk's abilities.. Literally no one is suggesting that Gronkowsky isn't a talented player, perhaps with plenty left in the tank. But, this wasn't the Jarvis Landry hit on Aaron Williams (which you weirdly dismissed as "legal" -- he was flagged and fined for that hit). It is completely understandable that Bills fans would not excuse that egregious, late hit. There are Bills fans on this site who simply believe that there are lines that can't be crossed, be they in the "heat of the moment," or not. And for many, Gronkowsy's assault on Tre White crossed that line. You don't believe that line exists? Fine. Others do.

I put that guy on ignore. He feels entitled to act all snooty and think he is the smartest guy in the room. smirking down his nose at people. Let him think it in a vacuum. He doesnt want a discussion don't give him one. 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

or is it more of an “I don’t actually care but want to be as purebred Buffalo as possible” in the off-season?

😂😂who gaf why someone doesn’t like player x, do we all have to be in agreement on every single guy or something?

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, 716to540 said:

Not a fan of Gronkowski at all. I personally can not get beyond the blatant cheap shot on White.

I’m trying to unpack the psychology of what it means if tre can, but you can’t

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

😂😂who gaf why someone doesn’t like player x, do we all have to be in agreement on every single guy or something?

We don’t but we have a few folks that are pretending it’d be more than just disagreeing on a target but actually upsetting 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Fair questions. I won’t pretend to speak for others but I’ll answer for myself.

Judging Beane - a little to be honest. I think Beane has done a great job and has earned a ton of “benefit of the doubt” with me but I would not love the move.

Mad at Tre - no. That is completely up to Tre. Not my place to think for him. 

Disappointed in Josh - no, same reason as Tre. That said, I would not be likely to high five Gronk myself (although I freely admit that is virtually impossible to ever realistically happen).

Turn my back on the float - not in a million years because that is a team float, not Gronk’s float. I may not agree with bringing him on board but I’m a Bills fan first, thru and thru.

I care. I wouldn’t spend this much time posting on the topic when i hardly ever post if I didn’t. That said, I recognize that others may have different views and I’m a Bills fan first and foremost. Go Bills!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Why should he?

Why?

In what world is it healthy or a good character trait to not be able to forgive someone for such a minor transgression in the big picture 5 years later?     Is this real life or a bunch of online Tony Soprano wanna-be's?  

Virtue signaling on Gronk while embracing your own inner azzhol is apparently OK because HE did it first. :rolleyes:

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why?

In what world is it healthy or a good character trait to not be able to forgive someone for such a minor transgression in the big picture 5 years later?     Is this real life or a bunch of online Tony Soprano wanna-be's?  

Virtue signaling on Gronk while embracing your own inner azzhol is apparently OK because HE did it first. :rolleyes:

The only virtue signaling I see here is from the moral arbiters who cannot seem to grasp that there can exist multiple points of view on the same football player.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.