Flashback...Josh running at the Combine...

eball

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Knowing how much Josh loves The Office now, is there any doubt he ran like that as a joke?

If Josh specifically planned to run the 40 at the combine like Cousin Mose, that is elite trolling.

On 2/22/2022 at 12:27 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

He still ran a very respectable 4.76.  I wonder if he had ANY coaching for the combine?

I'm guessing he focused his pre-combine workouts on passing and not running.

3 hours ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

I have to admit, I was hoping Bills would select Josh Rosen ... based on all the hype.  Boy was I wrong.  On so many levels.

My son had the same sentiments.  I kid him once in a while about that.

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

I'm guessing he focused his pre-combine workouts on passing and not running.

My son had the same sentiments.  I kid him once in a while about that.

Yes as "Hap" mentioned as well, no doubt BUT with his form was so bad why even run the 40 if you dont care about it.  And no, not as someone posted, I would be shocked if he was "trolling".  Josh wanted to be picked high and he is not going to goof around on a combine test.  The issue is, I could have with 10 minutes, got him better form and lowered his time.

21 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yes as "Hap" mentioned as well, no doubt BUT with his form was so bad why even run the 40 if you dont care about it.  And no, not as someone posted, I would be shocked if he was "trolling".  Josh wanted to be picked high and he is not going to goof around on a combine test.  The issue is, I could have with 10 minutes, got him better form and lowered his time.

It really is all very odd. I specifically remember Josh saying he didn't know he was as fast as he is in the NFL. He attributes his speed to combine prep and actually working on form and speed, as he had never done before. 

...then this performance 😅

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I'm assuming his speed coach had Josh use proper form and he didn't like it.  So he went with the style of running that was comfortable for him, and still ran well.  I doubt him running faster would have assuaged the fears of teams worried about his passing issues and gotten him picked higher.  A la Lamar.

On 2/22/2022 at 12:01 PM, whorlnut said:

I remember watching this and instantly didn’t want the guy anymore. Haha. Thankfully he plays better than he runs. Haha

All I saw was another Paxton Lynch after watching him at the combine.  I was definitely guilty of judging a book by its cover.

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Josh worked with Ryan Flaherty.. 

A speed and Athletics trainer prior to the combine who he gives tons of credit too 

He was training for the 40 

Sometimes when you're overthinking form and everything you might look robotic and weird

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.