Spotrac spitballs C. Kirk & C. Williams to Bills

Estro

1 hour ago, BrooklynBills said:

I hear what you are saying, but I'm thinking in terms of tiers of market value. I understand that you are saying Kirk at around $12 mil/yr is going to attract more teams, maybe many more, than the top tier talent. And maybe that inflates his final number.

But if he's so in demand that he gets above market value, let's say aggressively $14/yr, wouldn't that drive those teams to the higher talent anyway? Why pay Kirk $14 mil/yr when you can pay Robinson, Cooper, or Williams $16-17mil/yr?

Couple that with the idea that teams could get a legitimate starting WR in the draft from picks 20-50 and i think you might see a hard ceiling for the guys in that $10-12 mil/yr tier.

All fair points, but I think Bills wouldn’t be near that $10-$12m mark either.

Personally I think Kirk gets about $12m per and 4 years.  

And I personally don’t see Beane being in that ballpark with the guys we have, bigger holes on the team, and a deep draft ahead of us at WR.  

5 hours ago, dneveu said:

The only thing to consider is that almost every player has an agent that will negotiate for a few offers and let the player choose.  Its easy to say i will take less - til i see how much the dolphins will pay with no income tax.  

Got to remember the income tax only affects half their pay.  The week they play in Buffalo, NY states taxes will be taken from that pay check.

16 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Got to remember the income tax only affects half their pay.  The week they play in Buffalo, NY states taxes will be taken from that pay check.

Yeah - but Signing bonus, roster bonus, workout bonus.  Plus 8 games tax free - 5 seasons - thats 40 game checks that become considerably larger.  Just using 5% affects the take home considerably

5 years of base salary of 3M - 1.5M for home games - $75,000 in income taxes per year - $375,000.  That's 2.5% of your total earnings.  Factor in any bonuses and it really adds up. 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, BrooklynBills said:

I hear what you are saying, but I'm thinking in terms of tiers of market value. I understand that you are saying Kirk at around $12 mil/yr is going to attract more teams, maybe many more, than the top tier talent. And maybe that inflates his final number.

But if he's so in demand that he gets above market value, let's say aggressively $14/yr, wouldn't that drive those teams to the higher talent anyway? Why pay Kirk $14 mil/yr when you can pay Robinson, Cooper, or Williams $16-17mil/yr?

Couple that with the idea that teams could get a legitimate starting WR in the draft from picks 20-50 and i think you might see a hard ceiling for the guys in that $10-12 mil/yr tier.

This the kind of stupid money going to these other guys.  Kirk might get $14m if this is what’s happening with the other receivers.  Bucs also tagged Godwin, and Packers tagged Adam’s. 

Kirk is definitely not coming here on the cheap.  Too much demand and money out there for him.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I like Kirk. He's a solid slot WR, but I don't see him as a $12M a yr WR. I'm not saying he won't get it, but I'm not sure I want my team paying that price.

If he wants to come in on a discount I could get behind it, but I don't think paying big bucks to a slot WR is smart roster management.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Kirks next contract projected to be around 15 mil per, which isn’t happening from us.  

This is pure speculation from a few nfl insiders, based upon other WR’s leaving the market 

And this is exactly what I have been saying and why it was not realistic he would be signed by us, because he would be at least a $12M guy most likely, and could see $14M per after the Mike Williams extension along with Adams and Godwin getting tagged. 

On 3/8/2022 at 7:15 PM, Estro said:

I like Kirk. He's a solid slot WR, but I don't see him as a $12M a yr WR. I'm not saying he won't get it, but I'm not sure I want my team paying that price.

If he wants to come in on a discount I could get behind it, but I don't think paying big bucks to a slot WR is smart roster management.

Yep I rather sign Gronk for 8m, McKenzie for 2-4m and have money left over for a chandler type DE. Use pick 25 for a wr who could end up a lot better than Kirk if you choose the right one

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Yep I rather sign Gronk for 8m, McKenzie for 2-4m and have money left over for a chandler type DE. Use pick 25 for a wr who could end up a lot better than Kirk if you choose the right one

Mckenzie is estimated to be at 9M and Gronk 10-12. I don't know where you're getting your numbers from?

• Eyeroll 1

On 2/21/2022 at 11:12 AM, Big Turk said:

We are not signing big dollar players in free agency...don't have the money for it and Beane even alluded to not expect much in that realm in his season ending press conference.

We will work on getting a few value FAs to come in and build via the draft.

Just shut up ok shut up 🤐 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And this is exactly what I have been saying and why it was not realistic he would be signed by us, because he would be at least a $12M guy most likely, and could see $14M per after the Mike Williams extension along with Adams and Godwin getting tagged. 

That Mike Williams extension ***** up the whole WR market. 

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Mckenzie is estimated to be at 9M and Gronk 10-12. I don't know where you're getting your numbers from?

Where the hell are you seeing McK for 9 mil per?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

That Mike Williams extension ***** up the whole WR market. 

Where the hell are you seeing McK for 9 mil per?

Think it was Parrino's podcast with Talbot, I may be wrong but I believe they had him with a similar projected number as Wallace

9 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Think it was Parrino's podcast with Talbot, I may be wrong but I believe they had him with a similar projected number as Wallace

I would be surprised if he got that much, he was more productive in the 2020-21 year, and we re-signed him cheap. Last season all he had was the second *Pats game, he didn’t even reach 200 yards recieving on the season. He also had less touchdowns (from 5 to 2)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

I’m very curious to see the financials here.  I’m going to say 17 per 

I was speculating $14M when I saw the Williams re-up, but the fact they went out of their way to say “large deal” in the tweet makes me think it could be up there in higher teens range like you just speculated which would be crazy to me.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I was speculating $14M when I saw the Williams re-up, but the fact they went out of their way to say “large deal” in the tweet makes me think it could be up there in higher teens range like you just speculated which would be crazy to me.

I wonder if this is why we haven't seen a Diggs extension yet - did his agents tell Beane "we want to see how the FA market in WR shakes out before we deal"?

(I also know Beane historically likes FA-Draft-Extend but our cap situation is so poor that Diggs contract seems like the "elephant in the room")

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I wonder if this is why we haven't seen a Diggs extension yet - did his agents tell Beane "we want to see how the FA market in WR shakes out before we deal"?

(I also know Beane historically likes FA-Draft-Extend but our cap situation is so poor that Diggs contract seems like the "elephant in the room")

Yeah, given the talent at WR in FA, especially Adams who Diggs is considered to be in same tier as, I’m sure his agents were in no rush to get it done.  Especially knowing full well guys like Williams, Robinson, Kirk we’re gonna set a very high floor for his deal, meaning Diggs is worth more than those guys.  

But Diggs loves Buffalo…whose taken care of him financially since the day we got him…loves the mafia, loves the locker room, loves winning, and most importantly has an absolute bromance with Allen.  So I expect they are gonna look for the right deal for him, but still give Buffalo some sort of discount and also make sure it’s team friendly because Diggs is driven to win.  

So I’m not that worried to be honest, I’m sure it will get done and Beane will work some magic with it too.

Edited by Alphadawg7

On 2/24/2022 at 4:09 AM, NoSaint said:

i think “giving up 10-20M” is a bit extreme in the framing. If beane wants him, he’d be able to easily offer more than 6 and slot this in as Kirk/Davis replacing beasley/sanders. 

If we are in on Kirk, we are north of 40 not sub 25 on a 4 year deal

Turns out giving up $10M-$20m to come here for a discount was “extreme” after all…as in extremely low 😎 🤪

Turns out he would left up to $60M on the table to take the kind of deals people were suggesting here.  Lol

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Holy **** he got more than Mike Williams!  I told y’all he was never coming here and would get big money, but even I didn’t think it would be this big.  Wow!

He likely won't be the only F/A Jags will overpay. Seems they think the young QB will make a huge leap if they get better weapons.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.