Kyler Murray unfollows Cardinals on social media

Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, Behindenemylines said:

Wow.   I’m as sarcastic guy by nature but dude this reply makes you actual asshat.  I’m thinking apologies are in order.  

you never quite know whom your speaking down to when in fact maybe they know a bit more than you think. 

Sage advice. Perhaps you should take it as well! Have a great day!

11 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Sage advice. Perhaps you should take it as well! Have a great day!

Statistics are part of the reason why coaches go for it in certain situations but personality has to be a bigger factor. Obviously the best example of this is when Ron Rivera started going for it more often in Carolina because his job was on the line so he took a riskier approach. 

MVP is based off numbers but it also has the element of winning. Allen's numbers were similar to last year's but he wasn't even in the conversation for MVP. In fact just off the top of my head the last 4 MVPs (Mahomes, Jackson, Rodgers x2) were the QB of the team with the 1 seed in the playoffs. Brady before that too.

Numbers are not everything. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Wonder what JJ Watt thinks about joining the cardinals now ?? Maybe if he came here we win one more game and play the chiefs at home and we are in the Superbowl.

I could be wrong, but I think Watt enjoyed the publicity he received from joining the Cards. I wouldn’t be shocked if that was his priority. The Cards never should have been his number one option if he wanted a real title contender. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Statistics are part of the reason why coaches go for it in certain situations but personality has to be a bigger factor. Obviously the best example of this is when Ron Rivera started going for it more often in Carolina because his job was on the line so he took a riskier approach. 

MVP is based off numbers but it also has the element of winning. Allen's numbers were similar to last year's but he wasn't even in the conversation for MVP. In fact just off the top of my head the last 4 MVPs (Mahomes, Jackson, Rodgers x2) were the QB of the team with the 1 seed in the playoffs. Brady before that too.

Staley drove me crazy this season with what were statistically based decisions that logically made no sense, like going for it on 4th down deep in his own territory.  I think he lost more games than he won with what appeared to be blindly following percentages without regard to the downside.  If stats say you have a 70% chance of success, but if it doesn't work that 30% costs you the game, you eschew the 70% & live to play for another possession.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I could be wrong, but I think Watt enjoyed the publicity he received from joining the Cards. I wouldn’t be shocked if that was his priority. The Cards never should have been his number one option if he wanted a real title contender. 

I dont think he cares about that, it was the money and the cards were a contender and looked like legit championships caliber during the season. Maybe Watt getting injured took em down a notch, he still had an impact in their playoff loss. I know for a fact he cost us the Houston loss in the playoffs as he abused Cody Ford in the second half and made Allen run for his life.

If i had him here , i would limit his touches in season and let him loose in the playoffs.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I dont think he cares about that, it was the money and the cards were a contender and looked like legit championships caliber during the season. Maybe Watt getting injured took em down a notch, he still had an impact in their playoff loss. I know for a fact he cost us the Houston loss in the playoffs as he abused Cody Ford in the second half and made Allen run for his life.

If i had him here , i would limit his touches in season and let him loose in the playoffs.

I agree, I’m just responding to the idea that Watt might regret signing with the Cards. They gave him the best offer. I don’t know the guy, but when your bank account looks good, that might eliminate regret of not winning a title. I think every athlete wants to win, but money and marketing opportunities matter. I think Watt cares deeply about promoting himself, and Buffalo isn’t the place to do that, although I could be wrong. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/10/2022 at 4:23 PM, BuffaloBillyG said:

In that statement we can agree. 

There is also a place (as I firmly believe) that the 2 sides intersect. You need the film sometimes to explain why the stats are what they are. The stats are the outcome. The film is the "why" so to speak. 

Allen's rookie year for example. The stats said this kid may wash out of the league before his rookie deal was up. Numbers...terrible.  However anyone that objectively watched him saw the "it" factor so to speak. The plays he flashed in addition to the ones he didn't. 

The stats now reflect what we all saw as a rookie. They are measured numbers that chart just how much progress he has made. Of course...we all saw it coming because we watched the games. The simple fact that he is able to meet and exceed the productivity of the guys like Mayfield and Murray who were considered much further along are proven by both the film and the numbers. 

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

Which is why I stated the above.

You are replying to a small part of what was being discussed.  The original topic of conversation was, in fact about statistics and a STATISTIC based comparison. When discussing how 2 players match up in that manner, then yes the numbers are everything. 

54 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree, I’m just responding to the idea that Watt might regret signing with the Cards. They gave him the best offer. I don’t know the guy, but when your bank account looks good, that might eliminate regret of not winning a title. I think every athlete wants to win, but money and marketing opportunities matter. I think Watt cares deeply about promoting himself, and Buffalo isn’t the place to do that, although I could be wrong. 

Maybe.

Some of Those guys guys like that Arizona weather, no thanks, too Friggin HOT !!

13 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Murray needs to get some thicker skin.

Report: Murray frustrated with Cardinals, embarrassed by playoff loss

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2296044

Josh was part of an epic loss and doesn’t throw a temper tantrum.  Doesn’t blame anyone.

Bills hit it out of the park with Josh.  Generational talent, and a solid dude.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.