The WR FA list for 2022 is very intriguing…

eball

I was looking around on Spotrac this morning and pulled this list.  There are a number of guys who could add to the Bills offense in a big way to complement Diggs and Davis.  I think we know the Bills aren’t going to go after Davante or Allen Robinson but what about guys like Crowder, Kirk, Mike Williams?

Kirk is intriguing to me in particular.  Still young (25) and had a pretty good year for Arizona with Hopkins going down.

Crowder is a very solid player.  Mike Williams is a contested catch guy also.

Can’t wait to see what Beane does.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5

5 minutes ago, eball said:

I was looking around on Spotrac this morning and pulled this list.  There are a number of guys who could add to the Bills offense in a big way to complement Diggs and Davis.  I think we know the Bills aren’t going to go after Davante or Allen Robinson but what about guys like Crowder, Kirk, Mike Williams?

Kirk is intriguing to me in particular.  Still young (25) and had a pretty good year for Arizona with Hopkins going down.

Agree the list is very strong this year. Will be interesting to see who gets to see the Market and who is resigned. Williams is a guy that may get a tag.

Crowder and and Kirk would fit what we do. I also like DJ Chark. Chark is coming off an injury and may need to sign a 1 year "prove it". He's a guy that reminds me a bit of Gabe Davis, however possesses more speed.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

Beanian low cost crowdsourcing every position can only get you so far. Based on what happened to us in the playoffs and what the Rams will demonstrate next Sunday, I expect Beane to sell the farm for an elite talent pass rusher via trade and let Allen and Diggs carry the O pretty much with the same cast of characters we had in ‘21, maybe even downgrading the investment in the 3 and 4 wideouts. 

Edited by Charles Romes
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, eball said:

speed is the buzz word 

wr to get space. 

32 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Beanian low cost crowdsourcing every position can only get you so far. Based on what happened to us in the playoffs and what the Rams will demonstrate next Sunday, I expect Beane to sell the farm for an elite talent pass rusher via trade and let Allen and Diggs carry the O pretty much with the same cast of characters we had in ‘21, maybe even downgrading the investment in the 3 and 4 wideouts. 

Couldn’t disagree more, re: not continuing to build the offense.  Forget this “D wins championships” nonsense.  The Bills are right there; they need to give Josh more weapons, not fewer.  Lack of adjustments kept the Bills out of the Super Bowl, not lack of talent or lack of defense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, eball said:

First think Beane will need to do is cut some players and rework some existing contracts so he can have so money to spend. Right now we're over the cap

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Couldn’t disagree more, re: not continuing to build the offense.  Forget this “D wins championships” nonsense.  The Bills are right there; they need to give Josh more weapons, not fewer.  Lack of adjustments kept the Bills out of the Super Bowl, not lack of talent or lack of defense.

I don't think it's so much an issue of “D wins championships” as it is an issue that a lack of D can lose you championships. A single sack in the 4th qrtr could have changed the outcome of that game.

I don't have an issue with the Bills bolstering their offense by making improvements on the OLine, but I think adding a dominant pass-rushing DE could be equally effective.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I can see the Bills liking Crowder a lot. If they move on from Beas and McKenzie he gives them a vet slot, who will probably be reasonably priced, and he is probably willing to take a bit less to come to a good team after being stuck on the Jets and Washington. 

If they wanted to take a swing on DJ Chark on a 1 year prove you are healthy deal I am 100% here for it. I think the Jags might try and keep him though. 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, eball said:

I can't disagree more with this.  The Bengals won because their defense held the Chefs to 24 points.  The Bills do that, they're going to the SB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don't think it's so much an issue of “D wins championships” as it is an issue that a lack of D can lose you championships. A single sack in the 4th qrtr could have changed the outcome of that game.

I don't have an issue with the Bills bolstering their offense by making improvements on the OLine, but I think adding a dominant pass-rushing DE could be equally effective.

This is true, I just look at the Bills’ defensive failure in that game as one of coaching and adjustments, not talent.  For my money, I’m going to give the big fella all the weapons I can.

All those guys in the OPs post are projected to get anywhere from 11-16 million a season.  Not gonna happen here

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I can see the Bills liking Crowder a lot. If they move on from Beas and McKenzie he gives them a vet slot, who will probably be reasonably priced, and he is probably willing to take a bit less to come to a good team after being stuck on the Jets and Washington. 

If they wanted to take a swing on DJ Chark on a 1 year prove you are healthy deal I am 100% here for it. I think the Jags might try and keep him though. 

He’s projected to get around 12 million a season 

Just now, eball said:

This is true, I just look at the Bills’ defensive failure in that game as one of coaching and adjustments, not talent.  For my money, I’m going to give the big fella all the weapons I can.

No argument there, I just think it might not have come down to coaching and adjustments if the Bills had a Von Miller running around out there in the 4th qrtr.

As for weapons, I think Allen can turn a sow's ear into a silk purse and I'd prefer them to focus on protecting him rather than going with pricey overkill at the skill positions. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

The FA WR group is large and diverse. You can find almost anything you want: WR1 (Godwin, Adams), size (M. Williams, Robinson), slot/possession (Crowder), intruiguing upside (Kirk), coming off injury (Chark, Gallup),  etc. 

There is some bias on this board about McKenzie. If you sort by receiving yards he's somewhere around 54th. How likely is it that he gets an offer > $2-2.5 million (if that)?

A couple at the low end that are interesting are James Washington, Alan Lazard and Marquez Valdes-Scantling. Russell Gage too. 

I like Christian Kirk though he may be pricey. Diggs-Davis-Kirk would be good for a years. That would rival Chase-Higgins-Boyd at Cincy.

The wild card are the injury guys like Gallup (also interesting). 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

No argument there, I just think it might not have come down to coaching and adjustments if the Bills had a Von Miller running around out there in the 4th qrtr.

As for weapons, I think Allen can turn a sow's ear into a silk purse and I'd prefer them to focus on protecting him rather than going with pricey overkill at the skill positions. 

Agree.  I don’t envision Crowder or Kirk as “pricey overkill.”

56 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

It's a good class.

One guy I find intriguing is James Washington.  Think he could be a good fit.  Deep threat undervalued by playing with Big Ben.

I never thought they gave him the chance he deserved nor did they use him according to his skills set. Washington can run after the catch and it always seems like they were having him run deep fly routes.

I’m interested also in Will Fuller . Adding Fuller speed to this offense would take us to another level. He needs to rebuild his stock so we can get him relatively cheap. Diggs, Gabe and Fuller would just be dangerous for opposing defenses. We also can start using Diggs more in the slot where he can be nearly as unguardable as Coop Kupp

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.