Gunner's 2022 Mock Draft (v3 and FINAL - p.17!!)

GunnerBill

22 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

After Williams was taken out of the Championship Game, he was walking so well on the sidelines that I thought he was coming back in. I'm talking about NO limp at all. In all honesty, I was not at all mad that he didn't return and risk his financial future on the game.

I cannot say it enough.....the 2021 Alabama team was not even close to being as good as the 2020 team, which was better at every position except OLB.  It was the best coaching job by Saban of his entire career imo. The 2022 team will be clearly superior 2021, but I doubt that it will be as good as 2020.

On a seperate note, I consider this draft to be worse than we have seen in many years, other than OL and perhaps DL. Am I off base with this assumption?

It is one of the worst drafts at the top. For sure. The number of genuine top 10 players in this class is 3 IMO. There is some decent day 2 type talent at OT, Edge and Corner. But the thing is a lot of it will be pushed up into round 1 because of the lack of top end talent. 

I have 3 top 10 grades and 6 mid first round grades at the moment. Then a bunch of late 1sts, borderline 1st / 2nds and high 2nds. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is one of the worst drafts at the top. For sure. The number of genuine top 10 players in this class is 3 IMO. There is some decent day 2 type talent at OT, Edge and Corner. But the thing is a lot of it will be pushed up into round 1 because of the lack of top end talent. 

I have 3 top 10 grades and 6 mid first round grades at the moment. Then a bunch of late 1sts, borderline 1st / 2nds and high 2nds. 

GB, if the Bills cannot get a big time receiver or blocker, I would be for trading out of round 1, although it might be hard to do for a good price. 

I want to watch a bit more of him on youtube, but from what I have seen, I like the wr from Arkansas quite a bit.  What say you? Will he be gone early?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

GB, if the Bills cannot get a big time receiver or blocker, I would be for trading out of round 1, although it might be hard to do for a good price. 

I want to watch a bit more of him on youtube, but from what I have seen, I like the wr from Arkansas quite a bit.  What say you? Will he be gone early?

Yea, top 20 player IMO. 

I think trading out will be hard. There just isn't going to be that drop off in players between 25 and 40 that makes teams early in the 2nd ansty. 

• Agree 1

@GunnerBill penning had a nice showing at the senior bowl.  Baldy was talking about him also being able to play guard.  Imagine Penning @ RG and Brown @ RT.  Or would you switch them?  Rolling out right with two super athletic mountains might be and unstoppable thing.  Put Doyle out there alongside them on occasion.  

Let’s get this offense to consistently play @ an elite level and the afc will run through Buffalo for the next 5 minimum

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

@GunnerBill penning had a nice showing at the senior bowl.  Baldy was talking about him also being able to play guard.  Imagine Penning @ RG and Brown @ RT.  Or would you switch them?  Rolling out right with two super athletic mountains might be and unstoppable thing.  Put Doyle out there alongside them on occasion.  

Let’s get this offense to consistently play @ an elite level and the afc will run through Buffalo for the next 5 minimum

I haven't watched the Senior Bowl yet will catch up tomorrow. I think Penning is a tackle but if he is there at #25 and my other guys aren't I take him and work out who plays where later (though I think my order would be 1. Booth; 2. Olave; 3. Penning). 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea, top 20 player IMO. 

I think trading out will be hard. There just isn't going to be that drop off in players between 25 and 40 that makes teams early in the 2nd ansty. 

Yeah and with 5th year options being both expensive and fully guaranteed when exercised now..........it's not going to be as appealing to teams to trade back up into round 1.

58 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

After Williams was taken out of the Championship Game, he was walking so well on the sidelines that I thought he was coming back in. I'm talking about NO limp at all. In all honesty, I was not at all mad that he didn't return and risk his financial future on the game.

I cannot say it enough.....the 2021 Alabama team was not even close to being as good as the 2020 team, which was better at every position except OLB.  It was the best coaching job by Saban of his entire career imo. The 2022 team will be clearly superior 2021, but I doubt that it will be as good as 2020.

On a seperate note, I consider this draft to be worse than we have seen in many years, other than OL and perhaps DL. Am I off base with this assumption?

It doesn't look like a "great" draft but not sure about a lot of the day 3 players yet..........and that's what will decide the overall quality of the draft..........but yeah as @GunnerBill said it's a bad year to be in the top 10.    Not a lot of "quick turnaround" kinda' talent.   

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Watched three College senior bowls this week.  Combine is a month away.  I am starting to get draft fever.  The next three months will be long in getting to draft day.  Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn looked good.   He would fit in the Bills defense.

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Penning started the game mixing it up with the D lineman.  The kid has an attitude.  I see him as an OG than OT.  Not sure the Bills would spend a first round pick on him.  CB maybe a bigger need.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah and with 5th year options being both expensive and fully guaranteed when exercised now..........it's not going to be as appealing to teams to trade back up into round 1.

It is QB only territory now for me and the only team I can see early in the 2nd who would come up is the Lions.... but they already have the 31st or 32nd pick. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

QB is always the exception, and there are seemingly a few QBs in this class in that Jordan Love range where a team won't be willing to draft them early but may be willing to trade up late in the 1st to secure the QB they want and get the 5th year option. Maybe the Lions at 31/32 want to get ahead of the Titans, Packers, and Bucs to get their pick of the remaining QBs.

On 2/2/2022 at 11:51 AM, Dr. Who said:

Since I'm an UGA fan, I'm curious where you think George Pickens is likely to land in terms of draft round. I can never seem to find objectivity when it comes to a fella I liked in college, but I think he can be a solid pro.

I'm a huge UGA fan as well and agree with Gunner that he'll go somewhere in the 2nd.

Pickens draft stock was hurt by the injury and when he came back, Stetson just wasn't throwing alot of deep balls to any WR. So there's not a huge body of work to judge. I suspect that's why Burton transferred.

Williams could be very good but may not be back until game 8 or 9.

Metchie could be a good one too and he's not getting alot of discussion. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

QB is always the exception, and there are seemingly a few QBs in this class in that Jordan Love range where a team won't be willing to draft them early but may be willing to trade up late in the 1st to secure the QB they want and get the 5th year option. Maybe the Lions at 31/32 want to get ahead of the Titans, Packers, and Bucs to get their pick of the remaining QBs.

Fair point about Detroit needing to jump a few other teams potentially. Certainly think the Buccs are a potential QB in the 1st team there. Who knows with Green Bay. 

• 1 month later...

So it has been a wild week and a half since free agency opened, so this mock has been a while in the making. Every time I thought I'd settled it in the last couple of days something else wacky happened and sent me back to the drawing board.... but finally here we are. Version 2.0 and two rounds to boot! Enjoy and, as ever, fire away with the thoughts and criticisms. 

**ROUND ONE**

1 - Jacksonville Jaguars – Evan Neal, Offensive Tackle, Alabama

I had the Jags going edge in version 1.0, but Doug Pederson won a Superbowl with a dominant offensive line in Philadelphia. He has already signed Brandon Scherff at guard and tagged Cam Robinson at left tackle. That allows Neal to play right tackle as a rookie before potentially sliding over to the left side.

2 – Detroit Lions – Malik Willis, Quarterback, Liberty

The Lions have been very, very quiet this offseason. Nobody quite seems sure what they will do, but their staff coached Malik Willis at the Senior Bowl where he had an excellent week. They have Jared Goff and wouldn’t need to rush Willis into the lineup. I am increasingly of the belief Quarterback is the pick here.

3 – Houston Texans – Aiden Hutchinson, Edge, Michigan

Cartwheels in Houston as a high floor, high ceiling edge player sits there for them at #3. They were 28th in sacks and pressures in 2021. Getting better up front is a priority for them and new Head Coach Lovie Smith.

4 – New York Jets – Ahmed Gardner, Cornerback, Cincinnati

Ahmed Gardner continues to fly up mock drafts and from what I am hearing he is the #1 corner on a lot of teams’ boards. It is not hard to imagine that one of those is the New York Jets who seem to have had a hole at corner pretty much since Revis left.

5 – New York Giants – Trevor Penning, Offensive Tackle, Northern Iowa

The Giants selected a tackle early two seasons ago in Andrew Thomas and while he was better in 2021 he hasn’t been the tone setter they hoped. Enter Trevor Penning who is big, nasty and is going to move people around. Penning likely starts at right tackle as a rookie with Thomas in a bit of a make or break year.

6 – Carolina Panthers – Ikem Ekwonu, Offensive Tackle, Northern Carolina State

The Panthers have had a different starting left tackle every year for over a decade. Time to stop the carousel from spinning. Ikem Ekwonu could be an all pro left guard but he is going to be more than adequate at left tackle too and this is a major need.

7 – New York Giants – Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge, Oregon

The Giants had the third worst pressure rate in the NFL in 2021. They have to get after the Quarterback better. Some people have questioned Thibodeaux’s heart and his motor but it doesn’t jump out as a problem on his film. This would be a home run of a selection.

8 – Atlanta Falcons – Kenny Pickett, Quarterback, Pittsburgh

The Falcons traded Matt Ryan and they didn’t pursue a Jimmy Garoppolo or a Baker Mayfield, they signed Marcus Mariota. That screams bridge Quarterback. I expect Atlanta to draft a Quarterback here. I can make an argument for any of the top 3 but if they had their choice I suspect Pickett would be the guy.

9 – Seattle Seahawks – Travon Walker, Edge, Georgia

My views on John Schneider’s drafting are well established. He likes to take swings on physical freaks. Sometimes it works out – DK Metcalf, sometimes it doesn’t – Germain Ifedi. Walker is a monster but the tape doesn’t scream production.

10 – New York Jets – Jermaine Johnson, Edge, Florida State

The Jets best defensive performances last year came early on when they had John Franklin-Myers and Bryce Huff getting pressure off the edge. Neither of them are top level players though and with Carl Lawson hopefully back and Jermaine Johnson on the other side that defense would look very different.

11 – Washington Commanders – Andrew Booth, Cornerback, Clemson

The Commanders look like they are going to be the latest team to give Carson Wentz a chance to prove he isn’t a busted flush and so will punt on the Quarterback class this year. Their other needs are outside at wide receiver to pair with Terry McLaurin and at corner where Andrew Booth would be an obvious day 1 starter.

12 – Minnesota Vikings – Derek Stingley Jnr, Cornerback, LSU

The Vikings also have a need at corner after not bringing Patrick Peterson back. Stingley has slipped a bit down boards after failing to quite match the highs of his 2019 season in 2020 or 2021 due to injuries and inconsistent play, but his talent level remains off the chart and this would be a value pick.

13 – Houston Texans – Garrett Wilson, Wide Receiver, Ohio State

The Texans have needs everywhere but at times last year Brandin Cooks was their only offense. If they are going to properly judge Davis Mills they need to give him some weapons to throw to. Garrett Wilson’s ability in the intermediate areas makes him a good fit.

14 – Baltimore Ravens – Jordan Davis, Defensive Tackle, Georgia

Baltimore have big holes up front with Brandon Williams and Calais Campbell at the moment still free agents. They are the first team who spring to mind when I think of a dominant nose tackle who they don’t mind taking off the field on 3rd down. It might be the best fit for Davis in the round.

15 – Philadelphia Eagles – Kyle Hamilton, Safety, Notre Dame

Philadelphia would sprint to the podium if Hamilton dropped this far but because of positional value, he could. He didn’t wow with his testing numbers at the combine but Hamilton is a talented safety who can do it all, cover, tackle, blitz and take away the football.

16 – Philadelphia Eagles – Devin Lloyd, Linebacker, Utah

I love this scheme fit in Jonathan Gannon’s defense. Lloyd has the length to take away passing zones over the middle and the range to cover sideline to sideline.

17 – Los Angeles Chargers – Kenyon Green, Guard, Texas A&M

The Chargers have very few holes, but the interior of their offensive line is still a question. They can plug in Kenyon Green next to Rashawn Slater at left guard and lock down Justin Herbert’s blindside for at least the next 5 years.

18 – New Orleans Saints – Charles Cross, Offensive Tackle, Mississippi State

Terron Armstead walked in free agency, so the Saints have a huge hole at left tackle. If any of the top 4 tackles were to make it to this point I’d expect them to be the selection. In this mock that is Charles Cross, the best pass protecting tackle in this class.

19 – Philadelphia Eagles – Devante Wyatt, Defensive Tackle, Georgia

Fletcher Cox is back but only on a 1 year deal, so the Eagles need to begin looking to the future in terms of interior defensive linemen. Wyatt would be a rotational piece as a rookie but would take over that starting job in 2023.

20 – Pittsburgh Steelers – Tyler Linderbaum, Center, Iowa

At the start of last season Steelers offensive coordinator Matt Canada was trying to establish a zone running game for Najee Harris but had to abandon it because of a lack of athleticism on his offensive line. Linderbaum is a significant step towards addressing that issue.

21 – New England Patriots – Zion Johnson, Guard, Boston College

Everyone thinks New England will draft a receiver but it would be very on brand to draft a guard. They have lost two of the top 6 guards in football over the last two years, weakening what was arguably the best unit on the entire team – the offensive line. Zion Johnson feels very Patriot way. He would be an immediate starter.

22 – Green Bay Packers – Drake London, Wide Receiver, USC

Another team crying out for a receiver is Green Bay with Davonte Adams now plying his trade in Vegas. Rodgers tends to like vertical, downfield types – think Adams, Jordy Nelson etc – and Drake London very much fits that bill.

23 – Arizona Cardinals – Jameson Williams, Wide Receiver, Alabama

Other than two shots at Quarterbacks the Cardinals haven’t drafted offense in the first round since 2015. AJ Green is still a free agent but was clearly not the force of old anyway, DeAndre Hopkins isn’t getting any younger and Christian Kirk has departed. Williams replenishes that receiver room.

24 – Dallas Cowboys – Daxton Hill, Safety, Michigan

Jayron Kearse has returned but there isn’t a lot else in the cupboard at safety for Dallas. Daxton Hill is the type of speedy, “run to the football” guy that Dan Quinn’s defense loves. He has aggressive instincts and he will make plays.

25 – Buffalo Bills – Chris Olave, Wide Receiver, Ohio State

The Bills still need to be better on the perimeter, both on offense and defense. They would consider corner here, but the smooth route running of Chris Olave has a bit of Stefon Diggs about it. Why settle for one of those guys when you can have two for Josh Allen to play with?

26 – Tennessee Titans – Nakobe Dean, Linebacker, Georgia

The Titans don’t have a ton of needs. They could go wide receiver, despite the Robert Woods trade, they could go offensive line, but ultimately a more dynamic player at the second level of the defense would be a smart move and Dean could develop into a difference maker.

27 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Matt Corrall, Quarterback, Ole Miss

The Buccaneers spent a month looking into the abyss of no Tom Brady and no backup plan. Brady is now returning for 2022, but I suspect Jason Licht does not want the same feeling again. By drafting Matt Corrall the Buccs give themselves a potential in-house successor when the time comes.

28 – Green Bay Packers – Bernhard Raimann, Offensive Tackle, Central Michigan

The right side of the Packers offensive line is beginning to look a little bare. They released Billy Turner and Dennis Kelly who also started games at right tackle last year is still on the street. Raimann is raw but he looks, plays and feels like a Packer and I wouldn’t totally rule out him being the eventual successor to David Bhaktiari at left tackle.

29 – Kansas City Chiefs – Jahan Dotson, Wide Receiver, Penn State

The Chiefs now have back-to-back picks at the end of round 1 but have lost an awful lot of speed and dynamism from their offense with Tyreek Hill’s departure. Treylon Burks is still on the board, but when I think about what the Chiefs value on offense it is speed. Dotson seems a fit.

30 – Kansas City Chiefs – George Karlaftis, Edge, Purdue

The Chiefs defense only got going last season when they brought in Melvin Ingram to start opposite Frank Clark and shifted Chris Jones back inside to defensive tackle. Ingram is a free agent so enter George Karlaftis who fits the physical profile of a typical Steve Spagnuolo defensive end.

31 – Cincinnati Bengals – Trent McDuffie, Cornerback, Washington

I think McDuffie will go later than a lot of the talking heads think. His arms measured less than 30 inches at the combine which is typically a major red flag for NFL teams. That said, the value might just be too good to pass on for the Bengals at this spot. Upgrade on Eli Apple.

32 – Detroit Lions – Treylon Burks, Wide Receiver, Arkansas

In 2020 the moribund Cincinnati Bengals drafted Joe Burrow with the number 1 overall pick, then at #33 took the sliding Tee Higgins at receiver. Two years later they were combining for touchdowns in the Superbowl. The Lions will be hoping for similar luck. Burks is sticking out as the best player available at this point.

**ROUND TWO**

33 – Jacksonville Jaguars – Christian Watson, Wide Receiver, North Dakota State

While the Jags added Christian Kirk as a slot receiver in free agency and have the wily Marvin Jones slated to start outside, their third starting receiver is currently the uninspiring Zay Jones. Watson is a height, weight, speed prototype. Raw but sky-high ceiling.

34 – Detroit Lions – Cam Thomas, Edge, San Diego State

The Lions focused on offense in round 1, but they have to address the pass rush at some stage. Cam Thomas is a really good player who is being underrated in this class. He is scheme flexible and has a high ceiling.

35 – New York Jets – Chad Muma, Linebacker, Wyoming

The Jets have the ageing CJ Mosely and not much else at linebacker. Muma is every inch the modern middle linebacker, length, range, and sideline to sideline ability in coverage.

36 – New York Giants – Roger McCreary, Cornerback, Auburn

I would have mocked Sauce Gardner to the Giants at #5 had he still been on the board, but as he was gone. McCreary is a bit of a scheme specific fit for a man coverage team. There is no scheme more man heavy than Wink Martindale’s.

37 – Houston Texans – Tyler Smith, Guard, Tulsa

The Texans have restructured Laremy Tunsil, but the offensive line around him still seems like an eternal work in progress. Tyler Smith could start at right tackle but better fits at guard.

38 – New York Jets – George Pickens, Wide Receiver, Georgia

The Jets have taken shots on wide receivers early in round 2 the past couple of drafts. Elijah Moore was a success, Denzel Mims less so. They go back to the well for a vertical threat with Pickens.

39 – Chicago Bears – David Ojabo, Edge, Michigan

Ojabo was a sure fire first rounder before tearing his achilles at his pro day. I think he makes sense here because to me the Bears are clearly not in “win now” mode with year 1 of a new regime and so can afford to wait for their Khalil Mack replacement to be healthy.

40 – Seattle Seahawks – Desmond Ridder, Quarterback, Cincinnati

When mock drafting for the Seahawks I often start with the question “what would I not do?” and the answer here is take a shot on an unimpressive list of tier two Quarterbacks in this class. So Seattle probably will. Ridder does at least bring that leadership element that they lost with Russell Wilson’s departure.

41 – Seattle Seahawks – Kyler Gordon, Cornerback, Washington

However, this is what I would do. Gordon is exceptional value at this spot and is a perfect fit for the Seattle defensive scheme.

42 – Indianapolis Colts – Skyy Moore, Wide Receiver, Western Michigan

The Colts need to keep stacking weapons for Matt Ryan. TY Hilton’s long term future is unknown but Skyy Moore in the slot would be a nice compliment to Michael Pittman out wide.

43 – Atlanta Falcons – Boye Mafe, Edge, Minnesota

If the Falcons don’t pick a Quarterback in round 1 they almost certainly address edge rusher, so here I have them doing just that in round 2with the explosive Boye Mafe who has shot up draft boards after an impressive Senior Bowl.

44 – Cleveland Browns – DeMarvin Leal, Defensive Tackle, Texas A&M

With Malik Jackson a free agent and Malik McDowell’s off-field issues the Browns need to re-stock the middle of that defensive line.

45 – Baltimore Ravens – Kaiir Elam, Cornerback, Florida

The Ravens know they need to keep upgrading their secondary in a division with Joe Burrow and now Deshaun Watson. They signed Marcus Williams at safety in free agency, Elam would be a nice compliment to eventually succeed Marcus Peters at corner.

46 – Minnesota Vikings – Drake Jackson, Edge, USC

The Vikings have plenty of needs but with all sorts of questions about Danielle Hunter’s health addressing edge is a priority. Jackson makes sense.

47 – Washington Commanders – David Bell, Wide Receiver, Purdue

Beyond Terry McLaurin there isn’t much to get excited about in the Commanders receiver room. David Bell isn’t fast but he is a smooth mover who will feast on intermediate zones.

48 – Chicago Bears – Daniel Faalele, Offensive Tackle, Minnesota

Jason Peters is set to finally retire and the Bears have not landed one of the big FAs to replace him.  They do have Tevin Jenkins taken in the 2nd round last year, but I firmly believe he is a right tackle. Taking Faalele here gives them two young tackles to work with.

49 – New Orleans Saints – Jalen Tolbert, Wide Receiver, South Alabama

The run on receivers just keeps coming. Michael Thomas looks like he is back for 2022 in New Orleans but there isn’t much around him and Tolbert is a very talented small school kid.

50 – Kansas City Chiefs – Greg Dulcich, Tight End, UCLA

Travis Kelce will be 33 during the 2022 season. Dulcich is more a big receiver than a true tight end at this point but the Chiefs need to keep stacking weapons.

51 – Philadelphia Eagles – John Metchie, Wide Receiver, Alabama

The Eagles focused on defense in round 1 but adding the versatile Metchie to their receiving corps would help them make a proper assessment about whether Jalen Hurts is their guy.

52 – Pittsburgh Steelers – Jaquan Brisker, Safety, Penn State

Tremaine Edmunds isn’t the only Edmunds brother with questions being asked about his future. His brother Terrell is currently still a free agent leaving a hole at safety that Jaquan Brisker would fill nicely.

53 – Green Bay Packers – Christian Harris, Linbebacker, Alabama

The Packers need to get better in the middle of the defense. Enter Christian Harris, who has the size and movement skills combination to make him effective against both run and pass.

54 – New England Patriots – Alec Pierce, Wide Receiver, Cincinnati

Everyone knows New England need receivers and Pierce just feel Belichickian. Tough kid, works over the middle, run blocks and plays special teams.

55 – Arizona Cardinals – Breece Hall, Running Back, Iowa

The Cardinals let Chase Edmunds walk in free agency and while James Conner did remain he is more of a short yardage back. So finally a running back comes off the board and it is Iowa’s Breece Hall.

56 – Dallas Cowboys – Trey McBride, Tight End, Colorado

Dalton Shultz is the Cowboys current starting Tight End, but he is playing on the franchise tag and there is not much depth behind him so McBride might appear a sensible value pick at this spot.

57 – Buffalo Bills – Darian Kinnard, Guard, Kentucky

The Bills would love to snag a corner here but there isn’t one that makes sense. Kinnard has played right tackle in college but his lack of foot speed makes him a more natural guard at the NFL level.

58 – Atlanta Falcons – Justyn Ross, Wide Receiver, Clemson

The Falcons are bare at receiver and the pipeline from Clemson to the Falcons has served them well in the past so Justyn Ross, who might be a small reach here, makes sense.

59 – Green Bay Packers – Arnold Ebiketie, Edge, Penn State

The Packers lost Z’Darius Smith as a cap casualty this spring which means another pass rusher is needed to rotate in with Preston Smith and Rashan Gary. Ebiketie is a sub package rusher as a rookie but he can still develop into more than that in a similar way to how Gary has progressed.

60 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Kenneth Walker, Running Back, Michigan State

Leonard Fournette is back but Ronald Jones remains a free agent as we speak and the Buccs offense works best when it has a two-headed monster in the backfield. Walker is a smaller back, but runs hard.

61 – San Francisco 49ers – Dylan Parham, Center, Memphis

The 49ers have lost some pieces on the interior of their offensive line. Parham would start day 1 at guard and could eventually be Alex Mack’s successor at center.

62 – Kansas City Chiefs – Martin Emerson, Cornerback, Mississippi State

Charvarius Ward and Mike Hughes left in free agency leaving the Chiefs thin at corner. Emerson has good length and active hands which makes him feel like a fit for the Chiefs scheme.

63 – Cincinnati Bengals – Nicholas Petit-Frere, Offensive Tackle, Ohio State

While the Bengals have made strides with their offensive line in free agency they should not hesitate to continue adding depth there because keeping Joe Burrow upright should be priority #1.

64 – Denver Broncos – Lewis Cine, Safety, Georgia

I understand there is still mutual interest in bringing back free agent Kareem Jackson. Even if he returns it is likely to be a short-term deal, so Cine makes sense as a long term answer at safety.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 12

• GunnerBill changed the title to Gunner's 2022 Mock Draft (v2.0 - two rounds - p.13!!)

This seems very Beane like, what are your thoughts on filling the CB position?  It does appear to be a bit tenuous at present, 

10 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

This seems very Beane like, what are your thoughts on filling the CB position?  It does appear to be a bit tenuous at present, 

Personally I'd be willing to take Kyler Gordon at #25 but a lot of people seem to think that is a reach and to be fair Olave was the highest graded player there by my board and that is what Beane says he does so I'll take him at this word. I do think in this class once you get later in round 2 the corner group thins out. If the Bills want a guy who can make a major impact this year they might have to be willing to reach slightly at #25. There is a group of 3rd round corners I think could start games in 2022 and play at a Levi Wallace kind of level.... but in terms of upgrading it is really just those guys in round 1 and early round 2. 

20 minutes ago, H2o said:

I know this took a lot of time and effort. Good work @GunnerBill :thumbsup:

We had a few matches too.

Obviously Neal, then Stingley to Minnesota, Lloyd to Philly, Dean to Tennessee and we both had Johnson to the Jets and Willis to Detroit though in opposite spots. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.