Leslie Frazier / Brian Daboll - If they go, who would you want as their replacement(s)?

Jester

What do you guys think of bringing Mike Pettine back? He did a great job in his one year here turning taking the same players in bad defense and turning them into a great defense. They weren't great against the run but neither are we now and he knew how to get sacks, pressure and coverage.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah I do too but it's not realistic.

Khalil Mack would make more sense.  If I'm reading his contract right, the Bears save $6 million by trading him.

I'd love Mack also.  And I know it's polarizing, but get Mack and Gronk back to Buffalo (only if Tre is okay with Gronk).  

Vic Fangio as DC. 100% without question. Should do it regardless what happens to Frazier.

• He had a top 5-10 defense playing against KC and the Chargers 2x each a year with a crap offense. That is a legitimate ranking.
  • He won't get spooked by facing KC or the Chargers, two teams/ QBs the Bills need to be prepared to beat in the playoffs.
  • As a DC he can focus on stopping those QBs and offenses.
  • McDermott and Frazier are/ were DBs and see the game that way. They suck at developing DL/LB generating sacks
  • Fangio always has a strong front 7 but weaker DBs. McDermott and Fangio would be complimentary.
  • Fangio is more aggressive, and we need that on Defense

I know Fangio runs a 3-4. Since the game is pass first maybe a 3-4 or 3-3-5 is the way to go instead of the 4-2-5 Cover 2 Nickel Buffalo plays as a base.

This would change up FA and draft requirements, but that may be good. It's not like Buffalo's DL draft picks are excelling in the 4-2-5.

Oliver could be a beastly 3-4/ 3-3-5 DE.

Rosseau would fit in there too.

Draft a proper 1T at NT. A name has come up in the threads as a 1T DT, I can't find it now. Star is under contract 1 more year.

Move heaven and earth to get Haasan Reddick to come here as a LB (his 2022-2025 years with Carolina are void).

This would be Fangio's new Von Miller and the Bills stud pass rusher. Reddick is a former Panther now, and he is still young.

Maybe Fangio could get Edmunds to play to his potential in a 3-4/ 3-3-5 LB corps, if Fangio can't no one will.

my 2 cents

For Offense promote Ken Dorsey. He was QB coach of Cam Newton the year Newton won NFL MVP. He came to Buffalo in Allen's 2nd year and has been QB coach since. TIme for him to step up, and Allen likes him.

On 1/24/2022 at 9:28 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

Mike Zimmer makes a lot of sense. 

Fangio is a 3-4 guy. A lot of what they do is 4-3 under type stuff, but not sure it meshes with McDermott. 

Brian Flores would be awesome.

Patrick Graham, who is a Belicheat/Flores disciple would be an interesting fit as well. 

Bring back Jim Schwartz. 

Or call me crazy, but is there anyone on the planet who knows what McDermott wants to do defensively more than Luke Kuechly? Dude is brilliant and knows exactly what coach wants. Everyone else is hiring young guys without experience, why not us? 

All that said, if Frazier gets another job is or is let go (which I think is highly unlikely) I think they just promote their DBs coach John Butler. 

Swartz had a terrible red zone D

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why Mike Schula?

Just connecting dots. Dorsey got most of his training and development under Shula and Chudzinski. I believe he even played for Chudz. Since Dorsey would be an inexperienced OC, I think the move is to bring in a more experienced guy to be the QB coaching working under Dorsey. Those two guys are connected to Dorsey and HC and readily available. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.