Hughes was within a split second of sacking Mahomes on the Kelce throw before the FG try...

Big Turk

Ughh...even more pissed now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jessenewell/status/1485472007328354308

Also, Bills calling TO prior to the play allowed Kelce to tell Mahomes about what he saw and they played sandlot ball with him running up the seam instead of the route he was supposed to run.

You can hear Mahomes yell "Do it Kels! Do it! Do it Kels!"

Sickening the Bills played the same coverage after the timeout and allowed them to improvise...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kels-patrick-mahomes-audible-forced-053915215.html

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

I’d like to know what Levi’s responsibility was on the play. Looks like Kelce is the only receiver to his side, if that’s the case he should’ve ran with him after his FREE release off the line. 

I want to know why they are rushing 4 and not dedicating extra players to jamming the receivers and not letting them get a free release.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I’d like to know what Levi’s responsibility was on the play. Looks like Kelce is the only receiver to his side, if that’s the case he should’ve ran with him after his FREE release off the line. 

Mahomes:  "Dang they really giving him a free release straight down the seam for an easy 25 yards?  Ok."  

The Hill TD spooked Frazier and McD.  Their speed shook us.  That's called coaching scared. 

Fire everyone I don't care.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Sickening.  All Levi has to do is jam him at the line.  He has a safety and a LB over the top to help.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Sickening.  All Levi has to do is jam him at the line.  He has a safety and a LB over the top to help.  

Obada could’ve hit him as well before rushing. Four games we’ve played the Chiefs and in all of them I see Kelce running free off the line down after down. Frazier never calls for a DE or LB jam. It’s sickening how the entire defense was instructed to play back and give KC yards.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Mahomes:  "Dang they really giving him a free release straight down the seam for an easy 25 yards?  Ok."  

The Hill TD spooked Frazier and McD.  Their speed shook us.  That's called coaching scared. 

Fire everyone I don't care.  

That whole sequence only happened because the Bills called TO, then Kelce told Mahomes he could bust down the seam because they were giving him the middle and said if it was there again he was going to do it...Bills came out in the SAME defense and then Mahomes audibled at the line "Do it Kels! Do it! Do it Kels!" and you could hear it on the broadcast

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

Story of his entire career.

I love Jerry and he had some really good years for us, but dammit that was like eight years ago. McD seems to always roll with these D linemen that can hold their own but not dominate. Going back to Carolina. 

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That whole sequence only happened because the Bills called TO, then Kelce told Mahomes he could bust down the seam because they were giving him the middle and said if it was there again he was going to do it...Bills came out in the SAME defense and then Mahomes audibled at the line "Do it Kels! Do it! Do it Kels!" and you could hear it on the broadcast

Between McD and Frazier, you literally cannot coach that final 13 seconds any worse.   From the kick, to prevent on the first play, to the timeout that backfired, to the bonkers coverage alignment on the second play.  Just wild. 

I'm sick and tired of almost.  AJE almost had a strip sack but he was late. Addison almost had a tackle on Hill but he was late. Let's not kid ourselves.  Our pass rushers and this rotation doesn't work. And our coaches are stupid.  So unless Mahomes has a season where he tears an acl, it's not looking very bright. The Angels completely wasted Mike Trout. I'm terrified the Bills do the same thing with Josh.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm sick and tired of almost.  AJE almost had a strip sack but he was late. Addison almost had a tackle on Hill but he was late. Let's not kid ourselves.  Our pass rushers and this rotation doesn't work. And our coaches are stupid.  So unless Mahomes has a season where he tears an acl, it's not looking very bright. The Angels completely wasted Mike Trout. I'm terrified the Bills do the same thing with Josh.

Let’s not act like Mahomes outplayed Josh. He didn’t. Josh can go toe to toe with Mahomes and proved it this season. We don’t need a Mahomes injury to win. We do need better situational coaching and a little more luck. 

• Agree 3

38 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Also, Bills calling TO prior to the play allowed Kelce to tell Mahomes about what he saw and they played sandlot ball with him running up the seam instead of the route he was supposed to run.

Sickening the Bills played the same coverage after the timeout and allowed them to improvise...

Ugh..Wallace had no chance on that play. What a terrible defensive call. Someone has to disrupt Kelce there. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ugh..Wallace had no chance on that play. What a terrible defensive call. Someone has to disrupt Kelce there. 

Seems like the timeout was taken for the sake of taking it. If KC truly came out in the same formation, as did the Bills, if you’re Frazier or McD, you tell the DE (Obada) lined up on Kelce’s side to hit him coming off the line. He was the only receiver to that side, shouldn’t have been that tough to cover.

52 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The defensive TOS in that situation always backfire on McD. But he keeps taking them anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not when you are playing to prevent him from going out of bounds even tho they have 2 TOs anyway.  What kind of mind numbing play was that?

I'm not mad at Levi Wallace on that play. He was doing what he was told to do. Again, question the coaching on that play. Why were the Bills protecting the sidelines at all? You protect the sidelines when the other team has no timeouts and needs a TD, not when they have 3 timeouts and need a FG. Just absolutely ridiculous defensive play calling. You should want the Chiefs to do a long preforming route that takes up time. Hell, you should also just tackle Kelce and Hill at the line, take the freaking holding penalty.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.