Does playing for Home Field next week add incentive or just more pressure?

SinatraSinger

1 minute ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Let's just get past KC first, this would be a moot point if they do not win today

Did you actually read the question.  It only makes sense before the game.  After the game it will all be in hindsight which is useless.

If you were one of the players would playing for home field next week mean added pressure or more incentive?  Simple question.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think the "Perfect Game" or "Saturday Night Massacre" against New England changed how I think about home games, in that Josh Allen did not seem excessively nervous.

On the contrary, he was ultra-dialed in and pumped up--super focused--as was almost the entire team, and they delivered a team performance for the ages.

If they can get up to that level of focus again, home field will be to our advantage I think.

How much it impacts the game is not NEARLY as much as fans would like to believe though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SinatraSinger said:

Did you actually read the question.  It only makes sense before the game.  After the game it will all be in hindsight which is useless.

If you were one of the players would playing for home field next week mean added pressure or more incentive?  Simple question.

I don't think it matters at all. I don't even think last week mattered to them outside knowing they needed to do what they did last week to get to KC. 

I don't think players think past one week, especially in the playoffs. 

I think they rather play home next week but home field means very little to players,  as we saw yesterday. In fact sometimes there are too many distractions playing home.

13 minutes ago, SinatraSinger said:

Or does it mean nothing at all?

Are Sean McDermott's teams really coached to where it is one game at a time?  

I'm just curious as to what others think.

Thanks

SS

PS: My apologies to the moderators if this has been discussed else where.

Pressure on you or on the team LOL

I think the more pressure will be if the Rams beat the Goat in the early game.  The pressure for the visiting teams to sweep this weekend will become unbearable.

Maybe my problem is that I look at things as what I am and that's an amateur competitor.  Little things like that can play havic with my mind.  I've seen many friends while competing when adding additonal pressure will just crack under it.  

We may be able to say that about Tannehill and Rogers yesterday.

4 minutes ago, SinatraSinger said:

Maybe my problem is that I look at things as what I am and that's an amateur competitor.  Little things like that can play havic with my mind.  I've seen many friends while competing when adding additonal pressure will just crack under it.  

We may be able to say that about Tannehill and Rogers yesterday.

Did you see Josh's post game after New England? It wasn't an act. He really didn't care what just happened. After a year of being a Super Bowl contender and taking everybody's best shot. An AFC championship loss. Two straight playoff losses. We are dealing more with a team who understands how hard it is to get to the Super Bowl and is no longer content in just making the playoffs. I hope no more lessons need to be learned. It doesn't appear like it right now. Josh was so cold blooded last week after that stunning performance. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.