Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

Over 40 pages in this thread so far, and not a ball has yet been kicked.

Anyway, good news, the court case which I was having to get up early on Monday for has now been settled by my clients, so I'll be staying up late on Sunday night / Monday morning to watch the drama unfold.

I've got a small bet on Josh Allen to be the first TD scorer of the game, at odds of 10/1, which seems good value. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Most impressive throw of Allen’s career is still that TD pass to Diggs last year against the Patriots where he evaded pressure, rolled left and threw a 30+ yard dart moving left with defenders barreling in on him.

That was an absolute dime. The should have been game winner to Diggs against the cards was a beauty too.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Your expectations are unreal.  You cannot expect a great performance every game.  

No one said the defense is infallible…that’s just another child like response from you.

LOL

So I guess we were better prepared and disciplined last year because we won the 1 score games?

How did your concern of McDermott not practicing outside to be prepared for the cold work out?  

Do you understand sarcasm????  I pointed out that I do have some concerns about the Defence when playing top QB's, which frankly they did not have to this year.  I stated too that we see a lot of scores when we need stops in some cases (i.e. second NE game they matched the Bills TD for TD in the second half and had it within a TD twice).  Tannehill did it too.

The Bills defense is very good, however I expect KC to score and the Offense will need to score more.  My concern is KC convert 3rd & 4th downs.

But yes when I post anything questioning the Bills I know you see red.

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure how you can chalk up going 0-5 in one score games to luck…. I’ll give you the Titans game, but how do you suggest luck as being the reason they lost the other four? (Pats, Jaguars, Steelers, and Bucs)…. More so about attention to detail, being disciplined, and preparation in close games IMO. 

Nah, you’re just not getting it.  Bucs — non-PI call against Diggs or we probably go in and score to win in regulation.  Pats*** — hurricane game and we still had a chance.  I’m not saying the Bills should have won all of those games, just that they were unlucky not to win a couple of them.

I’m not concerned about the “close game” thing at all.  I’m more impressed with the 12 wins by 12 or more points — a sign of being a superior team in general.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Great research. I think our run game coming together really insulates us from the 3 and outs we have had historically. If we are in 3rd and short we can convert (KC is terrible in these situations).

As for the josh pick, it did happen but after a really terrible holding call the play before wiped out a beautiful scramble. That roughing was the universe righting itself. Same thing this past weekend. Josh got lucky his throw away was caught cause the refs decided to not call the roughing the passer on that play.

Great memory....  I remember that & thought it was a make-up call of sorts.  

That also brings up the concerns as to officiating.  Seems way too often after a great play I'm looking for a flag.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

Man guys I hope we go down to KC and throttle the living *uck outta them… I’ve been all over reading forums watching YouTube content anything I can get my hands on and the disrespect for us and Josh Allen is just sickening and I’m sure you guys hear it to… I just hope we play like we’re capable of and show the world that we have the best quarterback in the league and not the Kansas City Cheifs…. The stats might say Mahomes is better but to the eye test it’s Allen… Josh is bigger stronger faster has a better arm runs over linebackers…. How people can sit there and talk like Josh Allen is so far below Mahomes and has a way to go is just stomach turning to me… Anyways Go Bills I’m f’en ready…..

Because Mahomes has a ring and led his team to the big dance. 

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Anyone else think that pretty much every one of those Josh Allen throws is better than every one of those Mahomes' throws?

No.

• Eyeroll 1

I think the real key to the game is the Bills offensive line. They have been playing really well since the second of half of the Tampa game. They have won the battle in the trenches thus opening up a running game which leads to more time for Allen to throw. As noted, the Chiefs have Ingram and Jones available to pressure Allen. Jones is a game changer. I'm having flashbacks of Allen running for his life in KC. I'm hopeful that the Bills can pull off the upset. The team and the fans have been waiting for this rematch. The organization drafted and picked up players specifically to beat KC. Last years experience should be helpful to the Bills. Arrowhead is a difficult place to win. Somehow, I feel like the refs are going to screw the Bills. This game should be epic. Go Bills.

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 4

16 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

FINALLY! Back to a time I wasn’t born. Makes me feel young!

Speak for yourself 😔 Feeling Old Season 8 GIF by The Simpsons

——————————————————

This may not have helped us win last year, but this is my favorite Bills hype video ever.  

now can you diggs THAT, SUUUUUUUCKA?!

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Do you understand sarcasm????  I pointed out that I do have some concerns about the Defence when playing top QB's, which frankly they did not have to this year.  I stated too that we see a lot of scores when we need stops in some cases (i.e. second NE game they matched the Bills TD for TD in the second half and had it within a TD twice).  Tannehill did it too.

The Bills defense is very good, however I expect KC to score and the Offense will need to score more.  My concern is KC convert 3rd & 4th downs.

But yes when I post anything questioning the Bills I know you see red.

It's hard to know when you are using or not using sarcasm because your takes are way out there.

Yes, I expect KC to score, they have a Hall of Famer at QB.  You only want people who agree with everything you say.

You are also a LAMP guy.

I mean, you created 5... yes 5 weather threads in a span of 30 days and the 5th was closed by a mod.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's hard to know when you are using or not using sarcasm because your takes are way out there.

Yes, I expect KC to score, they have a Hall of Famer at QB.  You only want people who agree with everything you say.

You are also a LAMP guy.

I mean, you created 5... yes 5 weather threads in a span of 30 days and the 5th was closed by a mod.  

And Weather was an overriding factor way too much when the Bills played.  Heck they played lights out Saturday, while frankly NE was effected by it.

Take a look at the posts, all pretty much were specific feelings about the weather.

You're welcome to ignore me and probably that would be a good thing as you seem hellbent at getting upset anytime I post something the least bit negative about the Bills (i.e. the Defense, Offense a little off, Diggs production down, McD.....).     

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Maybe they were….. maybe teams have caught on a bit to what we do in those situations, maybe some players have lost focus in those tight situations compared to last season….I’m not sure, but I do know the offense has come up short in 4 of those 5 games with the ball and a chance to tie or take the lead…. Saying it’s purely luck and we just didn’t get the breaks seems ridiculous….. the Titans knew what the play was and where it was going on the QB sneak on 4th and 1(they said so themselves post game), Allen fumbled away a chance to tie/win the Jags game, self inflicted penalties at the end of the first pats game that moved them backwards in the red zone, and after storming back to tie the game against the Bucs they went 3 and out in OT before the Bucs got the ball and scored…. Just gotta hope the coaching staff and players  are ready and more equipped mentally to prevail in a tight game. 

Or maybe they the other team was just better that day or they got the break?  Do you understand that sometimes that other team gets the break?

Of course TN knew what the play was!  Are you really criticizing the the QB sneak play call against the Titans?

I guess the Titans were mentally weak against the Jets.

I guess the Bucs were mentally weak against WFT.

I guess the Bengals were mentally weak against the Jets.

Gigantic eyeroll....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I think the real key to the game is the Bills offensive line. They have been playing really well since the second of half of the Tampa game. They have won the battle in the trenches thus opening up a running game which leads to more time for Allen to throw. As noted, the Chiefs have Ingram and Jones available to pressure Allen. Jones is a game changer. I'm having flashbacks of Allen running for his life in KC. I'm hopeful that the Bills can pull off the upset. The team and the fans have been waiting for this rematch. The organization drafted and picked up players specifically to beat KC. Last years experience should be helpful to the Bills. Arrowhead is a difficult place to win. Somehow, I feel like the refs are going to screw the Bills. This game should be epic. Go Bills.

And I remember Mahomes running for his life in the SuperBowl.  Would like to see some of that again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And Weather was an overriding factor way too much when the Bills played.  Heck they played lights out Saturday, while frankly NE was effected by it.

Take a look at the posts, all pretty much were specific feelings about the weather.

You're welcome to ignore me and probably that would be a good thing as you seem hellbent at getting upset anytime I post something the least bit negative about the Bills (i.e. the Defense, Offense a little off, Diggs production down, McD.....).     

I have never seen a mod have to close a thread because one OP created the same one over and over and over and over again.  

I talked about the weather in one thread.  I didn't create 5 separate ones.  LOL...you're defending yourself on this lol?

And my god, you can't comprehend.  You're criticized more than any poster and it's not you....it's us.  

My Thursday thoughts:

1.  I think I have reached my personal saturation point of talking heads, youtube videos and outside prognostications.

2. I truly believe no one in America knows how this game will go.  Every scenario seems possible.

3. Is it just me, or do you sense a shift of ex-New England players siding with Buffalo?  It's almost as if, well if they did that to us, they must be great.

4. I finally rewatched the game yesterday.  It didn't come close to the euphoria I felt while it was happening live.  

5. I have a neon, red-white and blue sign with the Bills logo.  I have it in my bay window for all my neighbors to see.  It's on 24/7 these days.  I live on a corner lot, so I naturally see and talk to my neighbors a lot when they are on their walks.  Everyone in this Ravens neighborhood knows we are Bills fans.  There is evidence everywhere.  Magnets on cars, flags flying.  I light my backyard up in red-white and blue for all to see.

6. I think it's time for Poyer to match the game changing play of Micah from last weekend.  I'll go with a strip sack fumble that results in a TD.

7. We all know Josh is changing the national narrative with his play.  But for him to truly be on par with 15, he has to take him down on the biggest of stages.  Loser go home, winner goes on.  

8. I'm taking Tennessee in a romp against the Bengals.  I think the Bengals DLine is too thin at the moment.

9. I'm taking Green Bay over San Fran.  Warner and Bosa being hurt is a significant deficit to overcome against a top-tier QB1.

10. As well as the Rams played last weekend on Defense, they were not facing the dink and dunk GOAT.  Best way to neutralize the LA speed is to short pass them to death.  And as soon as they start creeping up to the line, then unleash the Gronk downfield.  The same formula that has worked forever with TB12.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Maybe they were….. maybe teams have caught on a bit to what we do in those situations, maybe some players have lost focus in those tight situations compared to last season….I’m not sure, but I do know the offense has come up short in 4 of those 5 games with the ball and a chance to tie or take the lead…. Saying it’s purely luck and we just didn’t get the breaks seems ridiculous….. the Titans knew what the play was and where it was going on the QB sneak on 4th and 1(they said so themselves post game), Allen fumbled away a chance to tie/win the Jags game, self inflicted penalties at the end of the first pats game that moved them backwards in the red zone, and after storming back to tie the game against the Bucs they went 3 and out in OT before the Bucs got the ball and scored…. Just gotta hope the coaching staff and players  are ready and more equipped mentally to prevail in a tight game. 

And in each one I think it was the play calling that cost the Bills.  Let's hope that & the refs don't come into play on Sunday. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.