Bills lead NFL in point differential with +194, pales in comparison to all time record tho...

Big Turk

2007 Patriots had a net point differential of +315, the all time record...

In fact, there were 3 Patriot teams with a better point differential than the Bills had this year...2007, 2012(+226 - 10th all time), and 2019(+195 - 26th all time)

Bills ranked 27th since 1970...however they rank 17th in defensive PPG in that list...Steelers averaged a mind blowing 9.9 PPG on defense in 1976 when they led the NFL with a +204 point differential

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

Who gives ashit!

It’s a nice stat and an encouraging sign. I don’t care about the Pats* or the history, but it describes our season well. Despite more losses than I expected, we won a LOT of games by 2 TD’s or more, and all but one game could have gone our way if a single play had turned out differently. Let’s hope the “Good Bills” show up in the playoffs! NOW is the time to peak! 

57 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Lose to the Giants and it's... 18 and D'oh!

what a great day that was

My buddy is a big Giants fan.  He got a tattoo with Patriots logo with hatchet in its head, bleeding, and it says 18-1 slain.  😂 

To get those really high numbers, a team has to win almost all its games, playing consistently, and also run up the score on weak opponents.  The Bills did only the last part.  

This is the most aggravating season I can remember.  All that talent, and then laying eggs every couple of weeks.  

All will be forgiven if they double their current four game win streak.

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

2007 Patriots had a net point differential of +315, the all time record...

In fact, there were 3 Patriot teams with a better point differential than the Bills had this year...2007, 2012(+226 - 10th all time), and 2019(+195 - 26th all time)

Bills ranked 27th since 1970...however they rank 17th in defensive PPG in that list...Steelers averaged a mind blowing 9.9 PPG on defense in 1976 when they led the NFL with a +204 point differential

They Cheats cheated, so there's that.

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

27th all time is pretty solid esp for a team with 6 losses (I wonder how they rank in terms of point difference for teams with 6 losses.) 

This year's Bills had the highest point differential for any 6+ loss team in NFL history. 2nd were the 1993 49ers with 178, and 3rd were this year's Patriots with 159.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/what-team-had-the-highest-net-point-differential-in-nfl-history-in-a-season-with-6-losses

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

My buddy is a big Giants fan.  He got a tattoo with Patriots logo with hatchet in its head, bleeding, and it says 18-1 slain.  😂 

An old guy I knew in SF, a pretty well connected sports collector (read a bit shady) got ahold of 6 or so 'Patriots SB Champs' t-shirts after that SB. He asked me if I wanted one... HELL YES!!   I asked him if he could get an autograph from each of the Giants defenders who sacked Brady on the back, positioned from their spots on the field from where the sack play started.  He was doing it for me, it was taking months... no problem... then he had a heart attack and died.  Great guy, never got the shirt tho.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.