Dolphins fire Brian Flores

YoloinOhio

Sounds like Flores lost a power struggle between himself and Chris Grier, after he and Grier had a falling out over...Tua? Watson? Who knows?

Anyway, there's only one guy that manages Grier & Flores, and that's the owner.  Flipper is rotting from the head.

Flores is a great defensive coach, and he might have been able to shake off the whole "the sun shines out of my ass" attitude that every other PaTrIoT wAy coach has before they start losing.  Belichick will hire him back and he'll lick his wounds for a year or two, like Matt Patricia & Josh McDaniels.  All the egg is Miami's face right now...maybe they still try to simp for Watson, as if that hasn't gotten truly pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1

First time they had back to back winning seasons since 2002 and 2003 with Wannstedt (only coach to last 4 years under Ross) and they fire the guy?  

Last season they went 10-6 and would have been in the playoffs if not for a season ending loss to the Bills.   This year after a 1-7 start they rallied to a winning season and beat the Pats to close it out.   Fired because he was a good coach, strong willed and got the most out of his players but butted heads with the GM.

Damn I love the Fins front office!!!!

Gotta wonder if this is a spot for Daboll.  He’s had Tua, and made Tua look good.  Hiring him also weakens a division rival.  And, he knows the division extremely well.  I have to say that I’m dumbfounded that they fired Flores, though, so I wonder if they have any sort of plan in mind. 

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

The Jim Harbaugh watch is on. 

True.  Was checking fins sites and there us talk about this. Also mentioned was Flores dislike of Tua. Reported FLORES asked the league to test Tua for 4 months for PEDS.   His body fat % went from 18% down to 10% , allegedly , and ir was felt it was helped by PEDS, and with Flores not Wanting Tua, he allegedly asked for more testing from the NFL on his own player, which didn’t set well with the locker room.   Not sure any of this is legit but being stated by a content provider with supposed inside contacts w players. Sounds like a mess. I hope they go after Harbaugh , and Watson. Both are ticking time bombs.  Thise behavior patterns don’t just change because you change cities or jobs. Not at this point in adult lives.    So your coach has a winning streak , knocks off a hof ciach and playoff team and then you fire him!  That’s the owners insight or problem solving skills?  Good luck getting quality people to come into something like that.  Dolphins are becoming a franchise like the Giants and Bears; older franchises with no true direction and poor talent evaluation in their scouting dept.

Fins are now facing another 2-3 year rebuilding process and  they might do,ve the qb situation with Watson , but personally , I would never chance backing a guy with all those complaints.  Speaks to personality traits or even a disorder that will require continued therapy , and like any disease , medical issue , is prone to relapse and there is no real “ cure” , just hope for effective management.  Too much other talent in the world to take on complex issues in a sport with very small tolerances between long term success and continued turnover with turmoil. 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Gotta wonder if this is a spot for Daboll.  He’s had Tua, and made Tua look good.  Hiring him also weakens a division rival.  And, he knows the division extremely well.  I have to say that I’m dumbfounded that they fired Flores, though, so I wonder if they have any sort of plan in mind. 

Doubt it. Chances are they’re going to bring in Marino’s old back up Doug Pederson

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

At bottom, it sounds like Flores is just kind of a jerk, and jerks don't last long unless they win lots of games.

The biggest mistake everyone from the Belichick coaching tree keeps making: They arent Belichick, they dont have the wins he does. You cant be that big of a dick and not win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

There has to be a method to the madness, right?

Maybe Deshaun has the coach he wants in mind and they've been talking behind closed doors?

If the Dolphins still plan on going after Watson they get what they deserve and only a complete moron would think a guy with 20+ serious sexual assault allegations is a fit in a party hard type of city like Miami.

6 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

Oh Dolphins.  Every time they seem like they might be getting a pulse as a team, they do stuff like this.  No sympathy, but damn, find a plan and stick to it.

A pulse? They are the same team they always been, fooling idiots into thinking they are good and always missing the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Success said:

He'll get hired in a second.  And the Dolphins will have a hard time replacing him.

Doubtful. He is a pain to deal with. Belichick gets away with it because he is the best coach in history. 

The Dolphins job is a great job. I bet the replacement is an upgrade.  I think Our DC is a good fit but Leftwich is going to get that job. And Leftwich is a huge upgrade from a guy with a losing record over 3 seasons. 0-6 vs Bills and totally uncompetitive in those six games. 

Edited by Evian
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.