This team is built for a DOME-Bills kill another narrative

BuffaloBillyG

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sorry you're never going to convince the majority of Bills fans to give up their open air experience. It would be like asking them to abolish wings and genny from the area. I still insist Josh and his game would benefit with a dome but it's not happening. 

Just now, CoudyBills said:

If they want a dome they can just stay home and buy a big ass tv.

Two weeks from now...home playoff game against the Pats...lake effect blizzard hits totally eliminating any passing game for both teams. Now it's run game vs run game...against the Pats.  Can't wait, huh?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

NFL is a passing league, period. Buffalo windy outdoors is not a passing place. you need a great passing attack to get to or win SB. 

Yankee Stadium “ $2.3 billion stadium, built with $1.2 billion in public subsidies” 

No place is as bad as BUF. NONE. 

what is wrong with you?!

p.s. I relish the snow bowl as much as anyone but that’s now how you get to or win SB

Edited by Since1981
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sorry you're never going to convince the majority of Bills fans to give up their open air experience. It would be like asking them to abolish wings and genny from the area. I still insist Josh and his game would benefit with a dome but it's not happening. 

I really don’t think Josh is the pinpoint finesse passer people think he is. He gives you more of an edge outside than in perfect conditions imo. They just need the offense to add more big and physical WRs. Image AJ Brown or DK Metkalf on this team instead of the Smurfs. 

Domes reduce the edge strong arms give you over the opponent imo. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Two weeks from now...home playoff game against the Pats...lake effect blizzard hits totally eliminating any passing game for both teams. Now it's run game vs run game...against the Pats.  Can't wait, huh?

That would be just enough to piss me right off.  I want a dome, but I'm not part of that tax base so I have no horse in the race.

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

NFL is a passing league, period. Buffalo windy outdoors is not a passing place. you need a great passing attack to get to or win SB. 

Yankee Stadium “ $2.3 billion stadium, built with $1.2 billion in public subsidies” 

No place is as bad as BUF. NONE. 

what is wrong with you?!

List of all the active NFL super bowl winning QBs that won a ring with a home dome. 

1. …

list of multiple super bowl winning QBs with home dome… 

1. Troy Aikman

2. …

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I’ve been a fan a long time. I really don’t recall the weather at home ever being the reason this team couldn’t  win Super Bowls.

it’s not now. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve been a fan a long time. I really don’t recall the weather at home ever being the reason this team couldn’t  win Super Bowls.

it’s not now. 

We never had a team this good in 30 years. But it's a team that is elite if the weather doesn't erase its advantage.

58 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I kinda feel like this game reinforces that a dome would be nice.

Thus sayeth my frozen toes.

And empty  seats.

yep.  Empty seats are biggest Dome reason.  All games would be packed and  amplify the noise.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

We never had a team this good in 30 years. But it's a team that is elite if the weather doesn't erase its advantage.

What advantage do you think perfect weather gives? 

The weather was almost perfect in 5 of the 6 losses this season. 

Winners win, losers don’t 

• Haha (+1) 1

Guess people just see what they want to see, me included.

Thought this once again confirmed bad weather negates our advantages. We ran the ball great today, but we're not a strong running team.

Allen's play killed his TD/INT ratio, overall QBR & likely MVP chances, even putting up 2 rushing TD's. Being cold/wet obviously affects his control & comfort when throwing the ball. Even Diggs dropped 2 TD passes in 2 bad weather home games, and he never drops passes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Folks who want to build a $2b dome to fit a particular offensive skill group and strategy are borderline insane.  

I just added the “thanks” emoji reaction because I’ve never seen a post have so much variety of reactions. I think we’re the angry face away from hitting all the bases. Anyone? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

A team that is bottom 12 or worse in most meaningful defensive rushing stats. Correct.

Not saying the Bills cant run the football but Atlanta is not a good team regardless of what they are fighting for.

Bills have shown they can be an above average edge rushing team...they just don't want to do it.

39 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I really don’t think Josh is the pinpoint finesse passer people think he is. He gives you more of an edge outside than in perfect conditions imo. They just need the offense to add more big and physical WRs. Image AJ Brown or DK Metkalf on this team instead of the Smurfs. 

Domes reduce the edge strong arms give you over the opponent imo. 

Josh is a mid range and longer passer.  The wind (and snow/cold) are more impactful on longer throws.

Josh is and will be more impacted in weather games than a player like Tom Brady or even Mac Jones that are happy taking check downs throughout the game.

Domes enhance the edge that a big passing game has over dink/dunk type offenses.  Today was just another sign - early when Josh was warm and fresh - he was crisp.  When he started getting tight - he was terrible throwing the ball.  

27 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What advantage do you think perfect weather gives? 

The weather was almost perfect in 5 of the 6 losses this season. 

Winners win, losers don’t 

Colts game, pouring rain, L. Pats game, gale force winds, L. Both of those loses hurt us in playoff seeding. And who knows what next week is going to be like? We are a passing team. We want weather that doesn't take away our passing advantage. 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Folks who want to build a $2b dome to fit a particular offensive skill group and strategy are borderline insane.  

Sure, if you ignore every other benefit to having a dome too...

That's the thing though, additional benefits actually exist. What are the benefits of no dome? What about fans themselves? Do you honestly believe the majority of people prefer to sit in crappy weather?

Even though $2B might be accurate, it's a kick in the nuts knowing so many other teams got beautiful, state of the art, domed stadiums for significantly less than that (even adjusted for inflation)...  And they didn't have to stick them in the middle of nowhere to save on price either.

But the Bills have to pay MORE than those teams, for a smaller stadium, and make sure it's built away from any meaningful developments, ensuring there's zero opportunity for any additional economic benefit (no, I'm not talking about overall "net profit vs public funds," which we know is a loss).

Circling back, let's not act like 1) the NFL isn't geared towards the passing game, 2) Allen doesn't have many years left, 3) the most successful this team has been in 3 decades has been when we had a good passing offense.... Perhaps we should lean into that? 

How many years did we listen to new HC press conferences where they'd talk about a commitment to the run & a strong defense, blah blah blah? Every. Single. Time. They all failed. They tried building those teams REPEATEDLY, but it took one good QB to finally escape that, and suddenly = playoffs. Coincidence?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.