This team is built for a DOME-Bills kill another narrative

BuffaloBillyG

11 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Things have changed, public support for these types of things has gone down a lot.  The game is a lot more profitable now than in 1970 even if you adjust for inflation.    California has lost support for these and have lost teams as a result so I get what you are saying....but advocating for a much more expensive option so a couple games a year are in a better environment seems irresponsible unless the Pegula's are self funding....or some random fan pony's up the "extra half a bil"

Wouldn't a dome be much better suited to hosting events beyond NFL football, for the good of the entire WNY economy?

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Things have changed, public support for these types of things has gone down a lot.  The game is a lot more profitable now than in 1970 even if you adjust for inflation.    California has lost support for these and have lost teams as a result so I get what you are saying....but advocating for a much more expensive option so a couple games a year are in a better environment seems irresponsible unless the Pegula's are self funding....or some random fan pony's up the "extra half a bil"

Buffalo, as a market, can't make you enough money to invest in a billion+ dollar stadium. So it's pretty simple. If Buffalo wants to stay in the NFL it has to subsidize a stadium. No way around it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Wouldn't a dome be much better suited to hosting events beyond NFL football, for the good of the entire WNY economy?

You would have to do a cost benefit analysis which I assume has been done and shows the payback is not there.  From what I have seen online, studies have shown the playback is not there for these expensive venues.  

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I am. That QB will still have at least 10 years playing in that new stadium.

We can only hope....last I knew ain't nobody alive w a crystal ball to make that definitive statement.  I get your point but from a cost basis perspective let's just face it the NFL and by extension the Bills are all about the bottom line.

44 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Wind equalizes everything.  It doesn't matter how tall your wrs are.

Domes equalize teams that lack toughness and physicality who then get knocked around in the playoffs. Stop imagining things and look at reality.

Build a team to win instead of a stadium your current roster needs to win. 😞 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Domes equalize teams that lack toughness and physicality who then get knocked around in the playoffs. Stop imagining things and look at reality.

Build a team to win instead of a stadium your current roster needs to win. 😞 

Not to mention they strip the league of character.  Should they build domes in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Chicago and Green Bay too? 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

It's not that.  

It's that the rules for football as we enter the 22nd century are leading to the construction of teams built to play fast, untouched, and in domes.  

That isn't changing.  

You can't build a team around the "elements" of your home city.  

I have heard of it. It is called Arena ball.  Unfortunately not all players are as good as Kurt Warner.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Colts game, pouring rain, L. Pats game, gale force winds, L. Both of those loses hurt us in playoff seeding. And who knows what next week is going to be like? We are a passing team. We want weather that doesn't take away our passing advantage. 

Jacksonville- perfect weather… worst points output since what 2010? 

Dome stuff is nonsense. 

Matt Stafford had a dome his whole career, with a way stronger arm than Tom… t where are the rings? 

ok Russ? Rodgers? Ben? 

Chad Pennington would have benefited from a dome…. 

• Like (+1) 1

The dome talk is great theory but I hope folks realize that even if ground was broken tomorrow you are looking at a minimum of 3 or 4 years probably before it's ready and prime years of Allen and company career gone.

That's why it's imperative to retool in the offseason and build a team that can win consistently in the elements like today even a bad statistical outing from JA17.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

The dome talk is great theory but I hope folks realize that even if ground was broken tomorrow you are looking at a minimum of 3 or 4 years probably before it's ready and prime years of Allen and company career gone.

That's why it's imperative to retool in the offseason and build a team that can win consistently in the elements like today even a bad statistical outing from JA17.

Lol would love to be a fly on the wall when they go to meet with Polencarz and explain that they’ve got a light center and running backs who can’t carry the offense and a relatively light defense designed to stop the pass so can we please have TWO BILLION DOLLARS of taxpayer funds?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.