Stat you'll hear about as the season nears it's end... Total TD's in first 4 seasons, Josh is 2nd

Batman1876

Pretty clear Mahomes would be #1 by a fairly wide margin if he didn't play 13 fewer games than Marino and Allen...even Watson may have passed Allen with an additional 5 games...

The better metric would be per game statistics to even things out.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Pretty clear Mahomes would be #1 by a fairly wide margin if he didn't play 13 fewer games than Marino and Allen...even Watson may have passed Allen with an additional 5 games...

Its hard to tell how many TD's per game Mahomes would have gotten as a rookie, would he have really done better that 24? I'm not sure. Perhaps he benefitted from sitting for that year. 

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

But don't forget McD didn't have any confidence in the offense years 1-2, while Marino came out slinging.....

In Allen's 1st year, nobody had confidence in that offense, which, arguably had the worst collection of talent along the offensive line and receiving positions in the entire NFL - and historically bad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

On a positive note he's well ahead of guy with more games than him like Dak, Wilson, and Manning.

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

But don't forget McD didn't have any confidence in the offense years 1-2, while Marino came out slinging.....

I also had no confidence in them because they were bad and had no talent.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

In Allen's 1st year, nobody had confidence in that offense, which, arguably had the worst collection of talent along the offensive line and receiving positions in the entire NFL - and historically bad.

And I've applauded McD for getting better on that side of the ball.  

What's really impressive is Marino had more passing TDs in his 2nd year alone than Allen had total TDs in his first 2 years combined(48 vs 47).

Side note: I witnessed it, but never really appreciated Marino's 2nd year in the league. Over 5,000 yards passing and 48 passing TDs in 1984, when defenses were allow to do a whole lot more than they can today.

Side note II: Allen's total Tds in his first 2 years 47, in his last 2 years 84 and counting.

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

And I've applauded McD for getting better on that side of the ball.  

Right, but you also continue to say things like McDermott "wanted 20-17 games," when, in reality, it was the best he could hope for. You wanted to label McDermott as conservative when he simply played to the team's strengths, the same as he does now  - such as going for it on 4th down 4 times against the ****Pats on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Impressive.

Looks like he’s behind only Mahomes, Marino, Watson and Warner in TDs per game.  Through first 4 seasons.

As disappointing as it was for the Bills to pass up on a QB in 2017..........and in doing so trade a great one to a team in-conference that had been narrowly beating us and knocking the Bills down a peg almost annually ever since Andy Reid arrived............Allen has really exceeded even my very high expectations for him as a regular season QB.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As disappointing as it was for the Bills to pass up on a QB in 2017..........and in doing so trade a great one to a team in-conference that had been narrowly beating us and knocking the Bills down a peg almost annually ever since Andy Reid arrived............Allen has really exceeded even my very high expectations for him as a regular season QB.

Yeah the Mahomes vs Tre and Allen discussion has a lot more sanity to it than it did previously.

This is one of those where situation really matters.  I don't know if Mahomes becomes Mahomes in Buffalo.  Even this year you could see some of the erraticism (is that a word?) to Mahomes game that I don't know if the 2017/2018 versions of the Bills would have been able to coach him up.  Put another way I trust Reid to develop a qb much more than Rick Dennison.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.