Stat you'll hear about as the season nears it's end... Total TD's in first 4 seasons, Josh is 2nd

Batman1876

9 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Right, but you also continue to say things like McDermott "wanted 20-17 games," when, in reality, it was the best he could hope for. You wanted to label McDermott as conservative when he simply played to the team's strengths, the same as he does now  - such as going for it on 4th down 4 times against the ****Pats on Sunday.

But I also wanted to see his growth a little quicker as I thought it was stunted year 1-2.  Remember McD still had Peterman as the starter....

Let's hope it is "all's well that ends well"😜

Allen ranks 6th in NFL history in touchdowns per game in his first 4 four seasons with 2.22(and 5th all time over a career)

Mahomes 2.61

Marino      2.44

Herbert    2.4

Watson     2.26

Warner     2.25

Allen         2.22

Notice how 4 of the top 6 play currently and how Marino was a true outlier back in the era of "run the football". He might have been the greatest pure passer who ever played the game.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/which-qb-had-the-most-total-tds-per-game-in-his-first-4-years

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As disappointing as it was for the Bills to pass up on a QB in 2017..........and in doing so trade a great one to a team in-conference that had been narrowly beating us and knocking the Bills down a peg almost annually ever since Andy Reid arrived............Allen has really exceeded even my very high expectations for him as a regular season QB.

And games like this past Sunday just reinforce our thoughts and love for the kid.  That final TD drive exemplified 17.  Started off with an almost pick and ended with him sucking the life out of the franchise that has owned us for 2 decades.  The 4th down run was beyond epic.  I could watch it all day.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

It's a fact.....  Sorry.....  He wanted 20-17 games.  

Welcome back, was concerned about you not trolling my posts..... 

yes.  i'm sure he just didn't want to score points.  it had nothing to do with how raw allen was, and how poor the offense was.  

Josh Allen is 7th in the league in passing yards and 3rd in TD passes. That doesn't even count what he adds on the ground in terms of yards and TDs. It's truly amazing, and this was supposedly a down year for him!

We were spoiled for quite a while as fans watching true greatness in the passing game. Manning, Brees, (fine, Brady too) in their primes... 5,000+ yards and 50 TD were things that happened that don't really happen now. 

For example, when you realize that the single season passing yards record will almost certainly not be broken this season it just goes to show how dominant and prolific Manning's offense really was in Denver.

5,477 yards and 55 TD in a 16 game season. 

Brady leads the league right now with 4580 yards passing. He also leads in TD with 37. Josh Allen, BTW, is 3rd in the league with 34 passing TD. Not quite a Pro Bowler, but not bad!

Brady would have to average 445 yards a game over the last 2 to break that record in 17 games. I wouldn't put it past him, especially since Tampa doesn't ever want to run the ball and they play the Jets and Panthers. Still, though, that is a tall order. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

Pretty sure this is now the 3rd thread saying the same thing.

1 hour ago, Batman1876 said:

Josh currently has 101 passing TDs 29 rushing and 1 receiving (regular season). For a total of 131. Marino is #1 with 142 passing and 2 rushing for a total of 144. Josh is a TD machine, although Marino setting that mark in the 80's is just wild. 

Dan Marino was the greatest pure passer this league has ever seen, and I would sign up for him to be the Bills QB, in his prime, in a heartbeat.  (If I had a magic wand).

His release is just unreal.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Something I notice from that list of 25 is how abjectly mediocre many of them are, and how current many of them are. (Blake Bortles, Baker Mayfield, Carson Palmer at #12?) It really highlights how in the modern NFL, rookie QBs are expected to produce on the field right away. The notion that a rookie QB should ride the pine, and learn behind a vet has become utterly antiquated. 

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I also had no confidence in them because they were bad and had no talent.

Yeah especially Allen's rookie season. Poor guy had one of the worst, if not the worst group of WR's in Bills history. Not to mention the awful OL to go with it. Any small amount of confidence that did exist going into that season vanished very quickly

3 hours ago, teef said:

yes.  i'm sure he just didn't want to score points.  it had nothing to do with how raw allen was, and how poor the offense was.  

As I've said countless times, regardless of how piss poor an Offense is, all teams seem capable of throwing for the odd 300 yard game, except of course Buffalo that went 48 games without one.  Watching the play calling and how they played games, it was not Allen just being raw, it was McD refusing to let him play offense.  

Over & done with, but McD certainly could have done a better job and been more creative and allowed Allen to do more the first two years, but yes water under the bridge.

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

For a second I completely forgot about Watson.  Like seriously forgot he was an NFL QB in the league.

Good chance we play him in the playoffs next year!  I could see Pittsburgh, Denver, Miami going all in for him with Cleveland, NE, Baltimore, Lv and the NYJ as possibilities.  Just hoping that Houston will refuse to trade him within the AFC.  Send him the the land of the old QBs, the nfc.

16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

As I've said countless times, regardless of how piss poor an Offense is, all teams seem capable of throwing for the odd 300 yard game, except of course Buffalo that went 48 games without one.  Watching the play calling and how they played games, it was not Allen just being raw, it was McD refusing to let him play offense.  

Over & done with, but McD certainly could have done a better job and been more creative and allowed Allen to do more the first two years, but yes water under the bridge.

i would love to have been a fly on the wall where mcd finally told allen to start throwing for 300 yards a game.  it must have been magical.  

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, teef said:

what did you say?!

See what had happened was, I stopped at a friend house Friday an there's usually about 5 others there. One of the chics was being nosy when I was on here. She saw couple of your post and said you were funny. So guess your humor or whatever made her curious....

5 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

See what had happened was, I stopped at a friend house Friday an there's usually about 5 others there. One of the chics was being nosy when I was on here. She saw couple of your post and said you were funny. So guess your humor or whatever made her curious....

just tell her that i'm married, but you think i may be getting bored.  dangle that carrot for me.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Good chance we play him in the playoffs next year!  I could see Pittsburgh, Denver, Miami going all in for him with Cleveland, NE, Baltimore, Lv and the NYJ as possibilities.  Just hoping that Houston will refuse to trade him within the AFC.  Send him the the land of the old QBs, the nfc.

Baltimore, you think?  That's interesting. 

Speaking purely from a football standpoint, there's a handful of teams in the NFC that would be fools not to consider a trade.  NO being chief among them.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.