Why Cole or Isaiah?

Buffalo Barbarian

Because Cole while known for putting defenders in the spin cycle, is about one load from being completely washed himself...  He's about to be 33, unforunately the shelf life on speedy undersized WR's is on par with RBs, and most other positions not listed under QB, K, P... It's always better to be a little early moving on from a guy rather than a year or two late.

• Like (+1) 1

I think people need to pump the brakes on mckenzie a little. He had one really good game (two if you count Miami last year). We need to see him with a regular work load week after week before we say he's our next great receiver. I do think hes earned more playing time no doubt, but let's see what happens these next few weeks 

• Agree 1

There’s a lot of talk here about people “bashing” Cole Beasley unfairly.

I get it. The guys has been a very good player for us and a warrior, kept us in big games… made huge catches and is generally clutch. Loved his impact last year until his injury, and his clutchness in general.

It’s just that his actions this year have shown another side, that is disrupting team unity. You don’t wanna get vaxxed? No problem. But don’t run your mouth about it, expressly disobey the team policy on keeping vax status private, make yourself the center of a media storm, and miss the most important game of the year. 

Dawkins, Feliciano, and now Ford are suffering from this thing. Don’t minimize it just because it might not affect you as bad. Team above all.

Buffalo has the talent and the will to win it all. The last thing they need is Cole’s random decision to die on this vaccine hill to drive a wedge into the team. 

Cole is a very good player. His days are numbered. Maybe one more year. He has embarrassed the franchise with his take on Covid-19. But that’s his opinion. I disagree with him 💯 %. Just like I disagree with many relatives & friends. I really want the Bills to win and think Cole can help us get there. McKenzie’s emergence will help Cole. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Cole is a very good player. His days are numbered. Maybe one more year. He has embarrassed the franchise with his take on Covid-19. But that’s his opinion. I disagree with him 💯 %. Just like I disagree with many relatives & friends. I really want the Bills to win and think Cole can help us get there. McKenzie’s emergence will help Cole. 

Yep. And it’s not about his views themselves. For all we know, Josh or Gabe or any number of guys have the same views, but they’re smart enough not to make it a disruption for the team using Twitter and IG or whatever. 

On 12/26/2021 at 8:04 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So sick of fans saying we should get rid of Beasley and keep McKenzie.

Here is an idea , keep them both and play them at the same time on some plays.

Why get rid of a good player when you can get rid of the worst player on the team, when the offseason comes.

And this goes for all positions.

I do not normally take posts on like this but... I am in the mood so why not...

1. Big decisions will have to be made next year at that very slot position.

2. Beasley is beginning to show age.

3. I truly think next year we will go with Diggs, Davis, McKelvin and a rookie at #4, maybe 3rd round.

This is not just about Beasley in making this decision. We need speed on the field.

We have the rout runner, Diggs

We have the 50/50 Big Tall Dude named Davis

Then you add the worry of speed and gadget EVERY TIME McKelvin is on the field.

McKelvin is the hot hand with a career break out day. You don't just not give him the ball because Beasley is back.

McKelvin has learned through Diggs and Beasley how to be better at rout running and you combine that with the speed that is needed?

Your just not that Diverse throwing to McKelvin 4-5 times a game not including a gadget play here and there..

One last thing I have to add... The dude has heart!  McKelvin with 2 early catches slid headfirst to get yards... Then we saw Diggs do that twice.... Then we saw Davis do it.

Coaching clearly noticed how good and dynamic the combo of Diggs, Davis and McKelvin is. Keep with the hot hands! why stop?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

3. I truly think next year we will go with Diggs, Davis, McKelvin and a rookie at #4, maybe 3rd round.

This is not just about Beasley in making this decision. We need speed on the field.

McKelvin is the hot hand with a career break out day. You don't just not give him the ball because Beasley is back.

McKelvin has learned through Diggs and Beasley how to be better at rout running and you combine that with the speed that is needed?

Your just not that Diverse throwing to McKelvin 4-5 times a game not including a gadget play here and there..

One last thing I have to add... The dude has heart!  McKelvin with 2 early catches slid headfirst to get yards... Then we saw Diggs do that twice.... Then we saw Davis do it.

Coaching clearly noticed how good and dynamic the combo of Diggs, Davis and McKelvin is. Keep with the hot hands! why stop?

Both

On 12/26/2021 at 5:18 PM, BILLieve85 said:

JA17 is great. He will make any slot guy look great. 

This is the real answer to the question. 

People need to start to realize this is not the 2006 JP Losman Bills or the 2011 Ryan Fitzpatrick Bills or the 2016 Tyrod Taylor Bills. Josh Allen has a right to the claim to the title of best QB in the NFL as much as any other top QB in the league. Spend the money on the line and the defense and make sure we have at least one elite WR and the Bills will be good.

Cole Beasley became an all pro playing with Allen. McKenzie has played two meaning full games in two years with Allen and he'd make the HOF based on his averages for those games. The constant is Allen. 

I'll be interested to see if we unleash McKenzie in the playoffs. Teams really don't have a lot of game film on him. I'd send him back to the bench for the final two games and try to get Beasley going again after his absence. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/26/2021 at 5:33 PM, BILLieve85 said:

So how much do you resign McKenzie for. What’s your offer? 

Unfortunately the price is higher now and depending on how he is used in the playoffs it could be significantly higher.

On 12/26/2021 at 5:37 PM, McBean said:

I know one thing. Isaiah McKenzie better never leave the field again when healthy.

He’s a beast and we finally unleashed the kid today.

Playmaker. Lightning in a bottle. Speed. He’s a serious weapon and HAS to be on the field from Now on. No excuses…looking at you McDermott.

I'd use him sparingly these last two games. No reason to tip our hand going into the playoffs. It's clear this McKenzie doesn't need many game reps prior to being thrust into a leading role. 

On 12/28/2021 at 7:10 PM, Steptide said:

I think people need to pump the brakes on mckenzie a little. He had one really good game (two if you count Miami last year). We need to see him with a regular work load week after week before we say he's our next great receiver. I do think hes earned more playing time no doubt, but let's see what happens these next few weeks 

To me it’s clear that this offense hits a different speed with him being used in pre-snap motion.

These Coaches get a lot of benefit of the doubt, but sorry, they miscalculated on Gabe Davis. He obviously needed a bigger role than 33% snaps, and if Emmanuel Sanders had to come off the field so be it.

It’s a big reason why I wanted no part of Greg Olsen or Zach Ertz, because I knew this staff would play them over Knox and stifle him.

I heard the interview with Sam Monson and it made no sense as he said McKenzie ran drags and crosses all game but that was specific to New England. 

So you’re telling me McKenzie can do that to the #2 defense in the league, but not the #29th defense in Atlanta? 

McKenzie makes plays with the few snaps he gets. Beasley is starting to trend down. The playmaking wasn’t even close Sunday, why would I want this offense to go back to a static set of Diggs, Beasley and Sanders when Gabe Davis should be playing over Sanders and McKenzie needs to take more than half of Beasley’s snaps?

It’s been obvious to everyone but this Coaching Staff for weeks. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Lol, one game , sure 👍👍

Look I am not saying Sit Beasley out.... but you want to try and let it ride... see what happens... The team would be STUPID not to continue what worked... IF it does not work then you put in Beasley more often then not. What is so bad about this concept?

25 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would rather put money towards protecting Josh.  When Allen has time, he can be effective with any receiver.

This... This is what people do not understand...

You can't ignore the fact that over the last 2 full seasons,  Isaiah has only twice been featured as an all game WR.  And in those 2 games he's had 3 tds and nearly 200 yards.  He's 6 years younger than Cole. Who knows what his durability will be but Cole gets dinged up constantly. You absolutely have to pursue Isaiah as your future FT slot guy. Re-sign him to a 3 year deal somewhat less than Cole received. Spend that savings on OL. Love Cole's impact and contributions but between his Covid issues and availability this is a no brainer. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Good post. The only thing wrong is it's McKenzie. Or at least Lil Dirty. Doubt it was intentional,  but, Maybe we all can start using HIS name as a slight sign of respect?🙄

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/26/2021 at 8:06 PM, TOboy said:

Simply put, because they play the same role in offense and next year we’re going to have to make some tough choices due to the cap. 

If cap room wasn’t an issue, they’d obviously keep both, despite the fact they rarely see the field together. 

Not really...they can free up cap space very easily with a couple contract reworks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.