Bills and Patriots headed for Round 3

gonzo1105

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Man looking at the standings and the remaining games the Bills and Patriots are very very likely to end up facing each other again no matter who takes the division. 

I have the assumption the the Bills are not catching the Chiefs or Titans. 

Titans-Dolphins, @ Texans cant see them going worse than 1-1 but 2-0 likely eliminating the possibility of the 2 seed

Bengals- Chiefs, @ Browns- Either going 1-1 or 0-2

Bills-Falcons, Jets. I think we all expect 2-0.

1.Chiefs

2. Titans 

3. AFC East Champ(likely the Bills)

4. AFC North Champion( likely the Bengals)

The wild card will be amongst a slew of teams 

Indy- Raiders, @ Jags - 2-0 but Wentz can cost them the Raiders but unlikely. This would lock the Colts into the 5 seed. 

1- Chiefs Bye

2 God knows who vs Titans

3- Patriots @ Bills

4- Colts @ Bengals 

Great.  I freakin love it.  Another chance to put the nail in the coffin that we are superior, and send the media morons into the abyss.  This would be the best of all scenarios.  Just please no 50 mph winds.  I grew up in Hamburg and don’t remember that as a kid.  Making them our first win is perfect.

20 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yup huge Pats fan. Only been here since like 2002 harassing Bills fans cause I have nothing better to do with my life. You got me. Sorry I’m realistic the Patriots in the vast majority of 1-1 scenarios make the playoffs unless the Dolphins are tied with them 

If the Pats lose to the Dolphins and the Dolphins win out, the Dolphins would have the tiebreaker over the Patriots based on head to head. They would have the season sweep. Conference record wouldn't matter. Unless a 3 way tie happens. Then stuff becomes a lot more convoluted 

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

If the Pats lose to the Dolphins and the Dolphins win out, the Dolphins would have the tiebreaker over the Patriots based on head to head. They would have the season sweep. Conference record wouldn't matter. Unless a 3 way tie happens. Then stuff becomes a lot more convoluted 

did I not say this in the quote you just quoted me in. I legit said unless the Pats and Dolphins are tied. Your just saying a more detailed version of what you quoted me in 

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I was being sarcastic lol I’m a Bills fan dude 

You've been here 20 years??

Any time you integrate random numbers to memorize........or any numbers really.......... into your screen name people tend to make a conscious effort to forget your handle.       

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

According to the Patriots fans, the refs didnt call a clean game today. In fact "they are sick and tired of the refs being so against the pats"

😂😂🤣

I always hear that from Pats fans. 

"What are you talking about bro? Refs are always against us " 

Insanity. 

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

You've been here 20 years??

Any time you integrate random numbers to memorize........or any numbers really.......... into your screen name people tend to make a conscious effort to forget your handle.       

I actually looked 2005 I joined. I don’t usually post a ton. Usually most of my posts are around draft time since the Bills have usually been terrible for the last 17 years. Sorry that I use numbers in my screename please forgive me sir 

11 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I actually looked 2005 I joined. I don’t usually post a ton. Usually most of my posts are around draft time since the Bills have usually been terrible for the last 17 years. Sorry that I use numbers in my screename please forgive me sir 

Don't fauxpologize to me.......I'm indifferent........I'm just telling you to explain why people think you are a Patriots fan.   That's a feel bad story.

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Don't fauxpologize to me.......I'm indifferent........I'm just telling you to explain why people think you are a Patriots fan.   That's a feel bad story.

Realistically because I’m not a sky is falling or a big rah rah guy after a win or loss with magnitude mostly because I was a HS coach for 8 years, Coached Division 3 for 3 years and was a FBS recruiter for 3 years. So sorry I didn’t get on here discussing the demise of one team vs the Bills rising like a phoenix after one win. 

My discussion was that it’s very likely the teams meet again. People then said it’s likely that the Pats could miss which is untrue if you look at tiebreakers unless you have the Dolphins tied with them which as I stated is a slim proposition. Possible yea, but slim. 

I was just as excited for this win as all others. Still have to win the next two to get the division. Nothing I have said is false. 

• Like (+1) 1

First the Bills need to take care of business versus ATL and NYJ. Feels like nothing has been easy for this team this year. No room for error! Secondly, whether it’s Indy or NE, the Bills have to shut down the running game and the Bills offense can’t settle for FG’s. The offense seems to be trending up, but IMO the D worries me. They consistently struggle getting pressure with the front four and struggle to stop the run even when they know the other team is going to run. Getting to the 3 seed potentially gives them another shot at TN (assuming both win).

3 hours ago, Dr. Football said:

Honestly I’d rather play noodle arm Mac then anyone else in the playoffs, they do a great job hiding him with there run game and defense but, it’s basically a bye week 😂

I'll tell ya who you don't wanna see this year and that's KC as they will beat anyone they play. Long gone are the early season Chiefs who everyone said they where done all they have done is won game after game. They crushed Pittsburgh with Pringle gore and hardman, basically shut Pittsburgh out.

4 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Right now I'd say we need to finish the job, win last two games and then we most likely end up 3rd seed. Which is fine with me (much better than 4th) and I don't care who we play. But if its Patriots so be it.

Correct.  Our next opponent is fighting for their playoff lives...they will come in determined...we will have a tough game in hand.   The Jets are a division rival and will be tough inspite of their record.    We need to take care of business.   The Colts may be the 5th seed and if we win the division are likely to play them in the 1st round (if we win the next two games and hence the division) 

4 hours ago, Process said:

Best possible matchup for us. It was clear in BOTH, yes BOTH games that we are a much better team.

Yes, it was clear in the first game that Belichick knew they got away with one. And he coached today like he knew he couldn't stop Allen. I welcome a third matchup and hope for good weather.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.