GDT: Cardinals at Colts 8:20

Big Blitz

14 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Just having a legit two TE offense would have been huge IMO

Yeah, and just to have a different attack strategy.  Struggling to run or with wide outs, then go two TE sets.  I think it would be something extremely helpful against NE.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Every week I become more and more convinced that the o-line talent is really not to blame for our offensive struggles. It is mostly offensive coaching. Colts have their entire interior o-line out for this game and just had an effortless TD drive.

agree. Look at the blocking on that long Taylor run tonight. Nothing special— cardinals actually get a lot of push. But the scheme is smart— Doyle comes across on that wham, everyone over pursues, and Taylor cuts it back and is gone.

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Nice little dump off to the back for 11-12 yards. We rarely if ever do that the past few years 

Singletary isn't a good pass catching back. Too slow to maximize the available yards. That being said this offense should be able to get yardage at will on passes to RBs with how defenses scheme against us, Daboll just doesn’t make it a focus. In theory Breida should be a perfect option for that kind of play. We are just a very uncreative offense all around. I watch other offenses make it look easy.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Singletary isn't a good pass catching back. Too slow to maximize the available yards. That being said this offense should be able to get yardage at will on passes to RBs with how defenses scheme against us, Daboll just doesn’t make it a focus. In theory Breida should be a perfect option for that kind of play. We are just a very uncreative offense all around. I watch other offenses make it look easy.

Brady made a living out of it for years dumping off to backs. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

Are we sure our o-line is naturally bad at pass protecting? You wouldnt know the Colts were missing their entire interior o-line with some of these pockets Wentz has. Again, other teams make it look effortless with less talent.

Just one man's opinion, but I am not convinced our O-line coaching is even adequate.  I'd like to think better coaching could have helped Ford vs. the dumpster fire he is right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I've noticed that he doesn't catch the ball in stride.  He has to stop or slow down to catch the ball.  Then as you say, he doesn't have the foot quickness to get back up to speed.  He's actually a problem in the passing game.

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

I've noticed that he doesn't catch the ball in stride.  He has to stop or slow down to catch the ball.  Then as you say, he doesn't have the foot quickness to get back up to speed.  He's actually a problem in the passing game.

I will say though some of that is scheme. Almost every time we throw the ball to a RB it is a check down or screen. Those passes will always involve the RB accelerating after stopping, and Singletary just can't do it. I very rarely see us draw up swing passes or Texas routes where the RB is the primary read and is moving as they catch the ball.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.