GDT: Browns @ Packers, Christmas Day, 4:30 PM Eastern

RiotAct

15 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I have zero doubt, ZERO, that if that DB was wearing Buffalo colors, the refs would’ve called defensive holding. It’s like our DBs are under a microscope but the opposing DBs are allowed the contact.

He is elated. This is his 5th team this year. He said he loves it here and that things are finally going his way. Meaning on the other 4 teams, he would rightfully been flagged on his 2 INT’s. Instead, he’s the hero. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

18 minutes ago, Success said:

I was happy when we picked Allen - but I genuinely thought that Darnold and Mayfield were better.  I thought Darnold would be a star.

I've taken "NFL GM" off of my potential career-change list.

nice !  

9 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

He is elated. This is his 5th team this year. He said he loves it here and that things are finally going his way. Meaning on the other 4 teams, he would rightfully been flagged on his 2 INT’s. Instead, he’s the hero. 

By the way, that is why free agents love playing for teams like the Bucs, Patriots*, Chiefs, Packers etc... Calls start to go your way and you start looking better than you really are.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wouldn't ever call those. Contact is legal within 5. The hold could've been called. I would rather no calls. 

If the ball is in the air, it's still illegal.  And that was past 5 yards.

That directly "ended" the game.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wouldn't ever call those. Contact is legal within 5. The hold could've been called. I would rather no calls. 

Agreed - the WR also pushed off - extended his arm completely - that lead to the hold.

I could see illegal contact as they bumped the entire way, but was fine with the no call because of how the WR used his arm to try and get open.

21 minutes ago, Success said:

I was happy when we picked Allen - but I genuinely thought that Darnold and Mayfield were better.  I thought Darnold would be a star.

I've taken "NFL GM" off of my potential career-change list.

At the time, Allen was a huge risk.  Darnold (and the other Josh) both looked to be NFL-ready while Allen clearly wasn't.  Cleveland had fallen in love with Mayfield for whatever reason.  

It's a good think for all concerned that Allen came to the small-market, used-to-failure Bills.  He could struggle his rookie year and no one fussed much.  He had time to get his mechanics right while McBeane built the team around his arm.  If Allen had gone to the Jets, he would have been ridden out of town on a rail.  

If Allen HADN'T spent so much time and effort during the offseason fixing his game, he'd be gone from the Bills.  But that wasn't the Josh that McBeane drafted, knowing what kind of man they had.  He is not only relentlessly competitive, he's also relentlessly dedicated to improvement.

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, cle23 said:

If the ball is in the air, it's still illegal.  And that was past 5 yards.

That directly "ended" the game.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't a hold. We got slow motion replay to tell us that. What I would like is on plays that aren't egregious, they don’t throw the flag. I can live with those plays going uncalled if it's consistent.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

my goodness, the play calling. The Browns averaged 8.8 yards per carry. Chubb and D'Ernest were gashing them. And you let out of sorts Baker throw it 36 times!!!

Baker may be getting his own plane back home too, but for different reasons. 😆

Edited by Ralonzo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.