Gabe Davis on covid list

Steptide

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

FYI WGR said on air today Davis was unvaxxed. 

Regardless of your political or health views:

1) players who aren’t vaxxed have a higher risk of missing more playing time based on science and the rules set forth by their employer. They have willingly put their team in a probable position to lose more man games.
2) Their employer is trying to protect the player’s health and used objective data showing 90%+ of hospitalizations are non-vaxxed. 

3) Let’s use Beasley COVID genius logic for this weeks game plan and go with what works 10% of the time… A) let’s onside kick every kickoff. B) let’s run on every 3rd and 10 C) let’s go for it in every 4th and 15 regardless of field position. D) Let’s kick 60 yard field goals every chance we get.

I am being absurd to prove a point, to complain about vaccination and then not understand that you are have a higher potential to negatively impact your team is a joke. This week is the most important week of the season and how many of these guys may not have tested positive if they were vaxxed? 

you make good points if players are saying they didn't realize being unvaxed could hurt the team.  But, this is only the most important week because this team did not show up fully for all 60 min of multiple other games this season. 

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

2) Their employer is trying to protect the player’s health and used objective data showing 90%+ of hospitalizations are non-vaxxed. 

I think this comment stretches credibility just a bit.  Given the violent nature of football and the demographic (young health adults) the players make up, covid is probably the least dangerous thing they face in the pursuit of their careers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I understand your point, but I think RT and RG are problems.  Williams was the backup at RT (bumped down the depth chart by Brown). 

Ford or Feliciano were the backups at RG (bumped down the depth chart by Williams).

Boettger was the backup to Feliciano at LG. 

So at this point, we're playing backups at 4 positions on OL.  Now I grant that the Starters haven't been all-stars, but they were starting because they won the job over the guys who are playing now

I’m worried, I really hope we get the ball out of josh hands fast. BB is going to take diggs away for sure now, it’s going to be tough 

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

Not much of a difference when vaxxed players are still missing 1-2 games.  

Cole likely only misses one game.  It’s more about timing. 

Timing is key, and so is being vaxxed. This isn't that difficult.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, Locomark said:

1) players who aren’t vaxxed have a higher risk of missing more playing time based on science and the rules set forth by their employer. They have willingly put their team in a probable position to lose more man games.

3) Let’s use Beasley COVID genius logic for this weeks game plan and go with what works 10% of the time… A) let’s onside kick every kickoff. B) let’s run on every 3rd and 10 C) let’s go for it in every 4th and 15 regardless of field position. D) Let’s kick 60 yard field goals every chance we get.

I am being absurd to prove a point, to complain about vaccination and then not understand that you are have a higher potential to negatively impact your team is a joke. This week is the most important week of the season and how many of these guys may not have tested positive if they were vaxxed? 

Given the NFL’s track record on concussions and TBI, a player would be correct to be skeptical at the notion the NFL is concerned with their long-term health and wellbeing.  Their short term on-field availability this season, and improving the chances overall of on-field availability for players and coaches, Sure.

Note that I’m not suggesting being vaccinated isn’t conducive to both long and short term well being - to the contrary.

I’m just pointing out that if I were a player, I would have cause to regard the notion that the NFL is trying to protect my health with a strong degree of suspicion. 

Probably not the place to get into general statistics about hospitalizations and such, and yeah I do think it’s a bit of an absurd analogy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, galept said:

Horribly disappointing. Davis has had all kinds of shots in his life, and blows to his head, but this vaccination is where he draws the line for some horribly illogical reason.

I don't know how he can look at his teammates, his coaches, and the fans, and be proud of his decision.

I'd love to line up these anti-vaxxers (and that is what they are) and have them list every drug they've ingested and injection they've had and have them explain their reasoning and expertise on each and every one.

But letting down their teammates over this makes perfect sense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'd love to line up these anti-vaxxers (and that is what they are) and have them list every drug they've ingested and injection they've had and have them explain their reasoning and expertise on each and every one.

But letting down their teammates over this makes perfect sense. 

You would like that wouldn’t you? Heaven forbid someone be resistant to taking a drug that hasn’t even been out for more than a year.  His teammates are still getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, I’m sure they’re not overly concerned.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

You would like that wouldn’t you? Heaven forbid someone be resistant to taking a drug that hasn’t even been out for more than a year.  His teammates are still getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, I’m sure they’re not overly concerned.

Yes I would.  I have faith in the millions of doctors who support it and have gotten vaccinated (approximately 98%) over the mesa candidates Davis & Beasley. 

Of course, when us "sheep" are all walking zombies, you'll have the last laugh.....😜

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes I would.  I have faith in the millions of doctors who support it and have gotten vaccinated (approximately 98%) over the mesa candidates Davis & Beasley. 

Of course, when us "sheep" are all walking zombies, you'll have the last laugh.....😜

I’m fully vaccinated don’t bring that ***** my way, I just love how everybody owes you answers

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

I’m fully vaccinated don’t bring that ***** my way, I just love how everybody owes you answers

You're right, they don't owe me answers, but frustrating that thye have put themselves in a situation that is costing the Bills, their teammates & yes way down the list, their fans.

Yes I think it is no big deal to get the vaccination and you are protecting more then just yourself.  It is the bigger picture I'm looking at.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

I think they're concerned as it relates to them not being able to play tomorrow

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You're right, they don't owe me answers, but frustrating that thye have put themselves in a situation that is costing the Bills, their teammates & yes way down the list, their fans.

Yes I think it is no big deal to get the vaccination and you are protecting more then just yourself.  It is the bigger picture I'm looking at.

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

I think they're concerned as it relates to them not being able to play tomorrow

I’m sorry woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, merry Christmas guys. This is a discussion for another day

• Agree 1