TNF - 49ers @ Titans

EmotionallyUnstable

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The one thing I will say about the titans is that they are just plain gritty.

I really have no idea how they win any football games, even when Henry was there. Just sort of collecting 4-yard runs, and a few playaction chunk plays, here and there. Nothing flashy on offense or defense, but seem to get it done every week.

they always figure out a way to hang around in games. They will probably come back and make this a game.

One thing , and I’m sure people will be nasty to me saying this, but watching these teams and others this weekend, it just seems the Bills are not showing or playing with the same energy, passion , enthusiasm , intensity ( choose the adjective) this year consistently.  See it sometimes , but not the same level we did last year for example. Just my opinion as a long time fan. Titans seem to at least be intense and enthusiastic. 

Funny , i was watching John Fina with Reuben Brown on Finas off tackle podcast on YouTube. I asked them if they thought edmunds could be used better or differently. Now he has zero PBU’s.   Zero. ( as of 12/15 ) PFF ranks him as one of lowest LBs , 85% of targets in his responsibility area are completed , and his overall ranking is lower this year than his rookie year.   Their ( Pff stats and ranking as they were doing draft show and mentioned past guys.  Had edmunds as possible bust and Ford as a whiff ) stats and analysis, just saying. Fina/ Brown acted like I killed their dog!    “ Who would we replace him with ?” Etc.    All I asked was could he be used better,  not benched !  Even our pros seem to accept mediocrity as ok!  Lol !  

like you said , here come the Titans! Terrible 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Stads said:

I was listening on the way home when the Offside/offensive face mask was called. I wasn't able to comment then. If a defensive player jumps Offside and causes an intentional grounding, what is the call then?

Only the grounding is called. This (almost) happened this season. Josh saw offside and thought he had a free play. It wasn't called but intentional grounding was. The rules analyst on the broadcast said that even if the offside was called, the grounding is a major penalty and is enforced but offside, being minor, I'd declined by rule.

1 minute ago, DrPJax said:

One thing , and I’m sure people will be nasty to me saying this, but watching these teams and others this weekend, it just seems the Bills are not showing or playing with the same energy, passion , enthusiasm , intensity ( choose the adjective) this year consistently.  See it sometimes , but not the same level we did last year for example. Just my opinion as a long time fan. Titans seem to at least be intense and enthusiastic. 

Funny , i was watching John Fina with Reuben Brown on Finas off tackle podcast on YouTube. I asked them if they thought edmunds could be used better or differently. Now he has zero PBU’s.   Zero. ( as of 12/15 ) PFF ranks him as one of lowest LBs , 85% of targets in his responsibility area are completed , and his overall ranking is lower this year than his rookie year.   Their ( Pff stats and ranking as they were doing draft show and mentioned past guys.  Had edmunds as possible bust and Ford as a whiff ) stats and analysis, just saying. Fina/ Brown acted like I killed their dog!    “ Who would we replace him with ?” Etc.    All I asked was could he be used better,  not benched !  Even our pros seem to accept mediocrity as ok!  Lol !  

like you said , here come the Titans! Terrible 

Lack of energy is a good way to put it. I don’t quite get it. I think it could be also due to a lack of an identity. When you have an identity, you can lean into it. The Bills are still trying to figure out who they are. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Only the grounding is called. This (almost) happened this season. Josh saw offside and thought he had a free play. It wasn't called but intentional grounding was. The rules analyst on the broadcast said that even if the offside was called, the grounding is a major penalty and is enforced but offside, being minor, I'd declined by rule.

So unless they rule it unabated, all bets are off?

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Tannehill is garbage but gets the breaks.

He could win 5 straight Super Bowls and I would still say he's terrible

i agree. But what is good about him is he knows who he is. Same with all the titans. They just play fundamentally sound and play within themselves. Even on that Jimmy G pick, it was nothing special. Just good zone coverage; bad throw; safety catches the ball. 

1 minute ago, motorj said:

I guess it's pretty much over, that 1-6 when jimmy throws a pick is telling

Wow, is that their record when he throws an int?  That’s why I’m a little concerned with Josh. He has like 9 turnovers in the past couple of months , usually one a game.  Can’t do that with the pats or we will be in trouble.  That has been his major area where he needs improvement. 

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

I wouldn't say he's garbage.

He is an average QB IMO.

Not a guy I would want as my franchise guy, but you can do a lot worse than him 

Tannehill is much better than Garopolo.  Tannehill can make any throw you need him to make.  He doesn’t look over-matched.  Garopolo is the definition of shaky.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i agree. But what is good about him is he knows who he is. Same with all the titans. They just play fundamentally sound and play within themselves. Even on that Jimmy G pick, it was nothing special. Just good zone coverage; bad throw; safety catches the ball. 

Great point, we have dropped too many possible picks this year. Still thought hyde & poyer deserved pro bowl status. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.