Is Davis Webb being QB isolated (in Fromm's bubble)?

Punching Bag

https://www.pro32.ap.org/article/lesson-learned-broncos-make-rypien-their-quarantined-qb

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — The Denver Broncos learned a painful lesson last year when they were forced to play a game without a quarterback. So, they're isolating third-stringer Brett Rypien as a precaution with the new, highly transmissible form of COVID-19 leading to a spike in infections across the NFL.

Coach Vic Fangio said Friday that he decided to make Rypien the team's “quarantined quarterback” this week.

“He was not in the meetings, he was in virtual meetings, and when he was out here on the field, he was under strict orders to not be near anybody,” Fangio said.

I hope they disinfected the bubble if they are.  🤣

10 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

https://www.pro32.ap.org/article/lesson-learned-broncos-make-rypien-their-quarantined-qb

I hope they disinfected the bubble if they are.  🤣

There's an article in today's Athletic suggesting Carolina will likely be needing to make a QB move soon once they activate Darnold.  The likely move is cut Barkley and then thinking the Bills may sign him to their PS and isolate him as he already knows the system.

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

There's an article in today's Athletic suggesting Carolina will likely be needing to make a QB move soon once they activate Darnold.  The likely move is cut Barkley and then thinking the Bills may sign him to their PS and isolate him as he already knows the system.

I actually would prefer Webb to Barkley - he is a lot more mobile.

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I actually would prefer Webb to Barkley - he is a lot more mobile.

Barkley would be the 4th guy like Fromm was last season,  Webb would still be #3, that was the articles thought anyway.

1 minute ago, eSJayDee said:

LOL.  I read "make" as "Mark" & thought holy ... how old is he?

When I first just Rypien at QB, the only one I even knew of was Mark.   I thought maybe Mark was one of their coaches and were making him into an emergency type player, but also thinking "How old is he??"

The issue with the Broncos last year was their QB's took off their contact tracers and put them in each corner of the room so they could sit right next to each other in the QB room.

They had to play that game without their QB because they blatantly broke the rules.

The Bills have had some COVID cases this year, but what they are doing seems to be working alright. We haven't had any massive spreads like other teams have.

Still, with the evolving situation it might be prudent to have one of the QB's isolated going forward.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.