Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats

BillsFan619

Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats?

• I’m rooting for the Colts to win
    • I’m rooting for the Colts to lose
    • I can’t decide - I see the positives of both outcomes

If the Pats lose, bills win the panthers game, the game on the 26th becomes bigger than the first match up. Chance to tie for the division. Winnable games to close the year for both teams. Hopefully a little help along the way can get us to 1st. Home playoff games sound better than needing help in the hunt

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

If the Pats lose, bills win the panthers game, the game on the 26th becomes bigger than the first match up. Chance to tie for the division. Winnable games to close the year for both teams. Hopefully a little help along the way can get us to 1st. Home playoff games sound better than needing help in the hunt

It almost is for the division

Bills win: They have home games against the Falcons and Jets with the tie-breaker

Pats win: Jags and Dolphins with tie breaker and game in hand.

15 minutes ago, DrDare said:

So if Bills win their remaining 4

and Pats win their remaining 3

then Bills win the Division???

If the Bills win their remaining 4, and the Pats lose to the Bills and win their other 2, Bills win tiebreaker due to divisional record.  Bills control their destiny atm.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The road to the playoffs got a little harder tonight but we 100% control our own destiny. If we can't win out we are going to need help. This team is too good to have to sneak into the playoffs.

Agreed. It's great to see the Pats lose, but it is a bit disconcerting to see that the NYT playoff machine has the Bills odds of making the postseason about 12 percent lower with the result.

Nonetheless everything is right front of us and our odds are still decent at 78 percent even if we just win the 3 home games.

Time for the team to buck up, seize the opportunity, and start playing their best ball when it counts the most.

58 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Agreed. It's great to see the Pats lose, but it is a bit disconcerting to see that the NYT playoff machine has the Bills odds of making the postseason about 12 percent lower with the result.

Nonetheless everything is right front of us and our odds are still decent at 78 percent even if we just win the 3 home games.

Time for the team to buck up, seize the opportunity, and start playing their best ball when it counts the most.

Yup! Go take it from the Pats.

Win the final four and go into the playoffs with momentum and confidence.

Patriots losing means Bills simply need to win today (13 point spread), then beat New England to take first place in the division.

That would also put New England’s playoff hopes in serious jeopardy.

It’s insane that fans were rooting against that scenario because they want a slightly better chance at the 7 Seed, which would make us play on the road every playoff game against the best teams.

Edited by Rigotz
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Patriots losing means Bills simply need to win today (13 point spread), then beat New England to take first place in the division.

It’s insane that fans were rooting against that scenario because they want a slightly better chance at the 7 Seed, which would make us play on the road every playoff game against the best teams.

I don't get it either

11 hours ago, Mr. K said:

Chance for us to lead the division… pats aren’t getting the division tiebreaker back from us if we win that game

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

Not everyone here is equally comfortable with 5th grade math.

...or 5th grade grammar for that matter.  But that's for a different post.

😂

On 12/18/2021 at 12:06 PM, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

You couldn't be more wrong here dude and no idea what made you think this nonsense...I also would question any Bills fan that rooted for the Jets and Fins too (guess that means I'm living in fear of them too). It's common sense fan knowledge you never root for a division rival. 

I was just rooting for the best odds to make the playoffs. 

On 12/18/2021 at 11:55 AM, HamSandwhich said:

Your second paragraph makes no sense.  Bills have been inconsistent, yes, it’s put up or shut up. I believe they will put up with the talent and competent coaching. Yes they’re competent, the almost 4 year history of this regime tells me so. Recent play is the anomaly, they’ll get it right and get hot into the playoffs. So root for the colts and the Bills for a big showdown I know the Bills can win…handily. 

My point was that I’m not letting my dislike of another franchise cloud what I think is best for the team I actually root for.

1 hour ago, Buddy Hix said:

I was just rooting for the best odds to make the playoffs. 

My point was that I’m not letting my dislike of another franchise cloud what I think is best for the team I actually root for.

What's best for the team is winning the division. Whether they do that or not we'll see

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.